Author Topic: Crawford for Ramirez trade (rumor)  (Read 4976 times)

Crawford for Ramirez trade (rumor)
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:02:38 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210
I do not have a link to this but at the end of Pardon the Interuption Stat Boy said that a Crawford for Hanley Ramirez trade is being discussed.  That would be an interesting deal and I'd rather gamble on Hanley than Crawford.  What do you think??
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

Re: Crawford for Ramirez trade (rumor)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I do not have a link to this but at the end of Pardon the Interuption Stat Boy said that a Crawford for Hanley Ramirez trade is being discussed.  That would be an interesting deal and I'd rather gamble on Hanley than Crawford.  What do you think??

I'm guessing we'd have to pay a ton of crawford's salary
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:29 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

This rumor came up a week ago, and supposedly the Marlins offered Hanley for Crawford, and the Sox said no thanks. I don't know how much I believe that to be true, however, because the Sox should take that deal, unless they believe Hanley to be another Manny in personality, and that he can't play even a mediocre shortstop any more.  Both of which could be true.

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

If someone trades for Crawford's contract, I'll die of laughter. If they give up an asset like Hanley Ramirez to do so, I'll have someone bring me back to life so I can die of laughter again.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 06:27:04 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Crawford has looked like a deer in headlights since he signed.

It's probably time to move him if they don't have to pay all of his salary.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »

Offline celticsfan28

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
what did they exactly say about the crawford for hanley rumor?

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »

Offline spinz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
eh kind of indifferent about this. On one hand the sox would be lucky to get a player in return as big a name as hanram. On the other hand, hanrams numbers have dropped off big, and im sure this trade would require the sox to also give up prospects and pay $$$.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This was circulating last Thursday.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=58878.0

The original rumor on July 19th being Ramirez and Heath Bell for Crawford and a Prospect.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

This rumor came up a week ago, and supposedly the Marlins offered Hanley for Crawford, and the Sox said no thanks. I don't know how much I believe that to be true, however, because the Sox should take that deal, unless they believe Hanley to be another Manny in personality, and that he can't play even a mediocre shortstop any more.  Both of which could be true.

right and SOSH had it covered pretty well, as they usually do... between fights with one another.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Funny how the rumor mill works. Rameriez for Crawford and now they both might end up of the same squad.

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Funny how the rumor mill works. Rameriez for Crawford and now they both might end up of the same squad.

The Dodgers may end up bankrupt again if they keep making these kinds of trades!

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 12:34:04 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
I'm personally p---ed we didn't do this trade now. We could potentially have gotten the same deal with the Dodgers, plus Hanley. I know all the issues with him, but he's still young and loaded with potential. And apparently, we have the time to work with him.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.