Author Topic: Can someone please explain to me...  (Read 3879 times)

Can someone please explain to me...
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:32:14 AM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Could someone logically explain to me how do the yankees get away with what they do? I don't want to sound like i know much about baseball (cuz i dont) but c'mon...Ichiro?!! For a couple no name minor leaguers? Bud Selig might as well hand em the world series trophy now

Re: Can someone please explain to me...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Could someone logically explain to me how do the yankees get away with what they do? I don't want to sound like i know much about baseball (cuz i dont) but c'mon...Ichiro?!! For a couple no name minor leaguers? Bud Selig might as well hand em the world series trophy now

Ichiro is a shell of his former self. His numbers have been down pretty significantly for the past couple of seasons. This isn't the 2001 or even 2007 Ichiro we're talking about.  The change of scenery might boost him a bit but this isn't some sort of blockbuster acquisition for the Yankees.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
I failed to mention that i understand that fact in my Op, but even if he's still a shell of his former self, he is still a 5 tool player. Capable of  hitting with power and solid average, stealing bases, and still gold glove caliber left fielder. I just hate the yankees and don't want to be all alone on this island. Lol did i post this on the wrong blog?!

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:18:27 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I failed to mention that i understand that fact in my Op, but even if he's still a shell of his former self, he is still a 5 tool player. Capable of  hitting with power and solid average, stealing bases, and still gold glove caliber left fielder. I just hate the yankees and don't want to be all alone on this island. Lol did i post this on the wrong blog?!

His slugging percentage of .353 this year realllllly begs to differ.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »

Offline spinz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
hes almost 39, and hes not playing at his best.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 11:30:08 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

His slugging percentage of .353 this year realllllly begs to differ.
His .262 average and 28 RBI's also would like some acknowledgement.  Ichiro has also lost a ton of range and his weak arm is even weaker now. 

Ichiro is nothing more than a former big name at this point and his on field value isn't that great.  I have him on my fantasy team and while I think the Yankees will boost him a bit, he is on my bench as much as he starts anymore. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip