Author Topic: remaining free agent centers  (Read 23624 times)

Re: remaining free agent centers
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »

Offline CelticFanInLosAngeles

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Does anyone else think of Ryan Anderson when talking about Troy Murphy?

When Troy Murphy was at his most productive for Indiana. That contract New Orleans gave Anderson vs Golden State overpaying Murphy.

Anderson then Murphy, for sure.

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-pistons/2012/7/10/3148743/detroit-pistons-ben-wallace-return-retirement/in/2892626

looks like ben will resign with pistons they can/will offer more, it would be ray allenesqe for him to sign here

Well considering he's left them before it isn't totally out of the question.

And would Pistons fans seriously care? It's not like the Pistons are really all that relevant.

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Take a flyer on Daniel Orton.

We need some muscle.

Develop him and Melo for the future.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

When Troy Murphy was at his most productive for Indiana. That contract New Orleans gave Anderson vs Golden State overpaying Murphy.

Murph's rebounding rate in '08-'09 and in '09-'10 was absolutely through the roof.  He had a DRR of ~30% in those years, grabbing more than 10 a game in ~32 minutes.  Those were Dwight Howard-level numbers.  

His rebounding rates when he was here and then again last season in LA were down considerably, but still basically at Ryan Anderson levels.  

Murph could still be a useful player IF he could rebound and hit those 3's, but he's basically just a shooter at this point.

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 09:24:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Murph's rebounding rate in '08-'09 and in '09-'10 was absolutely through the roof.  He had a DRR of ~30% in those years, grabbing more than 10 a game in ~32 minutes.  Those were Dwight Howard-level numbers.  

His rebounding rates when he was here and then again last season in LA were down considerably, but still basically at Ryan Anderson levels.  

Murph could still be a useful player IF he could rebound and hit those 3's, but he's basically just a shooter at this point.

Yea, Murphy had back issues I believe. and Howard isn't even a poor shooter, all these going ga ga teams might be getting another TROY HOWARD. can't rebound or shoot.

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
sorry for bringing up troy murphy name, wasn't my first choice but hey u aren't excatly deciding bewteen shaq and chamberlain in their primes here  

BTW Andersen/Whitside are steameresqe in terms of establishing postion in the paint, they are the tall rangy shoot blockers types, they'll get pushed around too.

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg

Source says restricted free agent Greg Stiemsma has an offer sheet above the Celtics qualifying offer. Stiemsma evaluating his options.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 09:57:49 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Sign Oden.  That would bring everything full circle.

I realize he might not even play again, but I honestly think if healthy he could actually still be a major force.

Hell yeh!  I'd definately take this gamble.

If you can get a guy with that type of potential for the BAE then I don't care how big an injury risk he is, you take it. It's unlikely at this point that he remains healthy, but if he does you have a starting calibre center who allows you to move KG to PF and bring Bass off the bench..or you have a guy who can easilly give 20 productive minutes a night off the bench to relieve KG, plus be the future of the franchise.

Plus you're only giving away the BAE so it's almost zero risk - you can always use the Vet min to sign just about any guy on that list, because there is seriously very little difference between the Vet min and BAE anyway.

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Jordan Hill re-signed with the Lakers

Adrian Wojnarowski: Jordan Hill has reached agreement on a two-year, nearly $8 million deal with the Lakers, his agent Kevin Bradbury tells Y! Sports

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
only thing about oden is that the c's have a hard cap of 74.3 mill this year cause of the terry signing.

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 10:36:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Blatche would come in mighty handy vs Chris bosh...esp if he would buy into the Celtic way...other than that...not much out there. Resign dooling and call it a day with 14 players

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »

Offline maLorD27

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1

Anderson then Murphy, for sure.

Anderson?
Murphy?

I Still go to STEAMER!
young, athletic and talented and so much more to learn good things to big bro like KG.

perhaps Danny can things turn up regarding contract.

maLorD27

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Jon Leuer may be available; but he is more of a PF.

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2012, 12:53:48 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Available centers (in order):

Steamer (come home Steamer!)
Oden (injuries)
Andersen (old)
Przybilla (injuries)
Fesenko (probably couldn't learn our system)

We need a mean streak or and a bruiser to fight down low. We have KG for the finesse center and Wilcox for the athletic center but having a big guy to take up space is pretty important in some circumstances. I really want Danny to take a flyer on Oden. So much upside and so little downside. One year guaranteed and a team option for the 2nd. Do it Danny!

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2012, 01:43:22 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
wat a garbage list da center position lookin flabby nd sick rofl i mean I would like Stiemsma to come back as option number 1. I would take a flyer on Blatche seeing da rest of those bums but if he falls thru i would take Haddadi he has size nd a decent touch around da basket