Author Topic: "Vick sees Eagles dynasty" (ESPN)  (Read 5733 times)

"Vick sees Eagles dynasty" (ESPN)
« on: July 19, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8180116/michael-vick-believes-philadelphia-eagles-develop-dynasty

"When I look at our football team and what we have on paper, I think about when I was growing up and the great San Francisco 49er teams, the great Green Bay Packer teams, and the great Dallas Cowboy teams, how they just positioned themselves to compete and be one of the best teams out there," Vick said, one season after the Eagles finished a disappointing 8-8.

"I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty."

Any different then Lebron commenting on the number of title Miami would win?  (except Lebron had had more success up to that point)

Re: "Vick sees Eagles dynasty" (ESPN)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8180116/michael-vick-believes-philadelphia-eagles-develop-dynasty

"When I look at our football team and what we have on paper, I think about when I was growing up and the great San Francisco 49er teams, the great Green Bay Packer teams, and the great Dallas Cowboy teams, how they just positioned themselves to compete and be one of the best teams out there," Vick said, one season after the Eagles finished a disappointing 8-8.

"I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty."

Any different then Lebron commenting on the number of title Miami would win?  (except Lebron had had more success up to that point)

Ya i mean only difference is that most peoples response to this would be patting him on the back saying, "Thats cute! of course you can be a dynasty!"
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 02:31:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
When we will these guys learn that you actually need to win one championship first before you can really even talk about the idea of a dynasty? 

I have to disagree with Michael here and say that I do not forsee an impending Philly dynasty.

It's one thing if it was someone from the Packers or Saints or Giants or even the Pats to say, but this?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Are they transforming into the Jets?  (except the Eagles head coach is the quiet one)

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Here we go again.  They said this last year after all their free agent signings (I think it was Vince Young) and then they missed the playoffs.  

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
He has to worry about getting his team into the playoffs first. The NFC has some pretty rough competition out there. Right now, I see the Eagles finishing third in their division behind the Giants and Cowboys.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Packers dynasty? 1 championship and a superbowl loss to Denver is a dynasty?

I guess a lot of playoff runs and a championship is a dynasty for him. Dallas won 3 and SF 5. Philly will be overjoyed with 1. He should concentrate on 1.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Packers dynasty? 1 championship and a superbowl loss to Denver is a dynasty?

I guess a lot of playoff runs and a championship is a dynasty for him. Dallas won 3 and SF 5. Philly will be overjoyed with 1. He should concentrate on 1.

Packers of the 60s.  Not 90s.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Please Michael Vick.

Get past my Niners, and we'll talk.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
eagles dynasty lol... they arent even the best nfl team in Pennsylvania

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 03:12:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
NFC is going to be pretty cutthroat this year; Niners, Packers, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, Bears (yes, I said it) are all solid squads. 

The balance of power certainly has shifted back to the NFC after years of the AFC being the stronger conference. 

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
NFC is going to be pretty cutthroat this year; Niners, Packers, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Lions, Bears (yes, I said it) are all solid squads.  

The balance of power certainly has shifted back to the NFC after years of the AFC being the stronger conference.  

Lets not forget the Saints. Still Super Bowl contenders despite all the off-season controversy.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Lets not forget the Saints. Still Super Bowl despite all the off-season controversy.

Very true.  It'll be interesting to see how that team responds on the field this season.

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Who the hell cares what Mike Vick thinks, guy is a loser.