Author Topic: JaJuan Johnson = Useless??  (Read 29345 times)

JaJuan Johnson = Useless??
« on: July 16, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
I'm trying hard to like this guy, but sorry, I just can't.  He has no true position - too small to be a PF and too slow / lacks outside shot to be a SF.  He may have a future in this league...I don't know.  But I don't think he'll have much of a future with the Celtics.  Trade fodder...  But someone tell me if I'm not seeing something because I really don't think he has much of a game that will allow him to get minutes, nor do I trust him on the floor for some reason.

Re: JaJuan Johnson = Useless??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:19:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Euro league. You can not argue otherwise. Actually, I hope someone does. I can't understand what anyone would see in his make-up that would lead them to believe he's an NBA player - I'd like to find out what it is...

Can't imagine how he has trade value, either
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »

fitzhickey

have to agree with this because i expected more from him, but if he develops an outside shot he could be peja 2.0 ;D

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:21:22 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Sullinger has already leaped him in the depth chart IMO

I think JJJ has poor body language and looks like he lacks urgency out there..

you see Moore, christmas fighting as if their NBA careers depend on it and JJJ is going through the motions...I think doc even chided him on that during the season(regarding learning the rotations)

Can we trade him to New Jersey for Brooks?

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The one thing I never got is why anyone ever ever thought he could be a 3.

People pointing to Kevin Durant playing the 3 shouldn't be comparing the one and only guy of that sort of stature being able to play the position

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
The lack of a good PG on the summer league team has exploited his game.  He doesn't create his own shot too well, so he needs a PG like Rondo to get him his 18 foot jump shot and fastbreak points.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 10:23:18 PM »

Offline thenotoriousjts

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
He played better against the pros than he's playing against summer league scrubs. I don't even know what to think
Feel free to check me out here: https://hardwoodhoudini.com/author/jstevens3/ or here https://hashtagbasketball.com/author/jeremy-stevens

Can't we just bring Gerald Green back?

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 10:24:25 PM »

fitzhickey

Sullinger has already leaped him in the depth chart IMO

I think JJJ has poor body language and looks like he lacks urgency out there..

you see Moore, christmas fighting as if their NBA careers depend on it and JJJ is going through the motions...I think doc even chided him on that during the season(regarding learning the rotations)

Can we trade him to New Jersey for Brooks?
I bloody hope so, but would Nets be that stupid

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
He doesnt play defense so he'll be in the dog house. I hope we get rid of him in a sign and trade and he helps us land somebody.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
The lack of a good PG on the summer league team has exploited his game.  He doesn't create his own shot too well, so he needs a PG like Rondo to get him his 18 foot jump shot and fastbreak points.

I would agree with this...he had some decent games filling in for Bass last year when he was injured.

it might be worth it to keep him on the red-claws roster as Bass/Sullinger insurance

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The talent of the three new kids really shows off JJJ weakness.

JJJ's college game , isn't translating into a NBA game.  You either got to be a ROLE player or at least potiental starter ability.   JJJ seems to get swallowed up in the game.  

Sully , Joseph and even Melo make their presence felt .  

To me the TWO big things that make the three rookies  better than JJJ , is this

The have the MOTOR ... hussle and attitude
Second..... the three Rookies are all GOOD PASSERS  ;)!!! and see the court really well.   JJJ can't handle the ball or pass to save his life.  He is not looking to make a pass unless he happens to get a rebound.  He can jump pretty good, but he doesn't seem to want to BANG with Sully and Melo inside at all.. :-\

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 10:41:01 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
What bothers me about him is that he is not active enough. He could help us if he blitzed the screen hard, was very active on the weak side for blocks, ran the floor hard and just used his length to be a bothersome energy guy.

I know he is used to being the guy but a little more energy from him would go a very long way.

He has gained weight in the off season yet it seems to mostly be in the upper body which was never really the problem.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He can't defend or score in the post, he'd get eaten alive on the boards against 4s; he isn't athletic enough to defend 3s, he's not a slasher, he can't create for himself or others, and his range is 15-18 ft max.

You could see in college he'd never hack it. Even if he had a tougher make-up... he's still not physically fit for the nba.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:48:35 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 10:46:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Man JJJ plays a relaxed game....this must just drive KG plum bonkers ,JJJ needs to learn there is  nothing relaxed about the NBA ...its a business and the only the strong survive.

Get MAD JJJ !!!

Its been pretty much decided with our woeful rebounding last season , we can 't afford to have guys who won't rebound or fight for the ball .  I think his lack of battling around the rim for rebounds is gonna get him the axe...from Doc and DA
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:52:24 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 10:56:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I don't think he's useless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkPCzk9H2IQ

He just needs Rondo, Paul, KG, etc....

The young man has played spot minutes in actual games. I know youtube often catches the good, but not the ugly.

But even with that, the talent is there....the motor is there, too. He DID play well at times last season - but AGAIN - with Rondo, Paul, KG, Wilcox, etc....