Author Topic: JaJuan Johnson = Useless??  (Read 29401 times)

Re: JaJuan Johnson = Useless??
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 11:15:46 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
He just needs time...this dude is built like Durant, I know  he might never  will be never be the player that KD is...but he has a lot potential just looking at the Mix...in did a lot in his Rookie yeah...he's going to get there...i hope he is not traded.

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 11:25:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If he is isn't traded, send him to the D-League and make him work on developing a three-point shot.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 11:36:02 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
What bothers me about him is that he is not active enough. He could help us if he blitzed the screen hard, was very active on the weak side for blocks, ran the floor hard and just used his length to be a bothersome energy guy.

I know he is used to being the guy but a little more energy from him would go a very long way.

He has gained weight in the off season yet it seems to mostly be in the upper body which was never really the problem.
co-sign da bolded for someone so athletic he doesnt cut enough nd move without da ball well at all he can easily get around 8-10 ppg from fast breaks, put backs nd his midrange game but he stands around too much

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
It's a shame someone as talented as he is lacks heart to play this game. Where is the effort, the hustle, the passions for the game. Too cool to do much of anything.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 11:40:41 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I'm trying hard to like this guy, but sorry, I just can't.  He has no true position - too small to be a PF and too slow / lacks outside shot to be a SF.  He may have a future in this league...I don't know.  But I don't think he'll have much of a future with the Celtics.  Trade fodder...  But someone tell me if I'm not seeing something because I really don't think he has much of a game that will allow him to get minutes, nor do I trust him on the floor for some reason.
JJ is a power forward. youre a joke.

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Really liked the pick when he was drafted. Since that time have seen none of the fire or aggression that he played with in college. Nothing but distain for his approach to the game. Very unprofessional. You can see Sulinger also needs to mature a lot in his approach to the game. Hope someone can get to Sulinger so he does not become another JjJ.

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 11:47:36 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I don't think he's useless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkPCzk9H2IQ

He just needs Rondo, Paul, KG, etc....

The young man has played spot minutes in actual games. I know youtube often catches the good, but not the ugly.

But even with that, the talent is there....the motor is there, too. He DID play well at times last season - but AGAIN - with Rondo, Paul, KG, Wilcox, etc....
They can probably make you look good at times as well not sold on him lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Really liked the pick when he was drafted. Since that time have seen none of the fire or aggression that he played with in college. Nothing but distain for his approach to the game. Very unprofessional. You can see Sulinger also needs to mature a lot in his approach to the game. Hope someone can get to Sulinger so he does not become another JjJ.
how? lol cuz of his interviews where he actually displays charisma nd aint politically correct? he looks a hell of a lot betta then JJJ despite less experience nd being 3 years younger i tried supporting Jujuan since he dont seem like a bad guy but dude is skating on thin ice

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I just think we ought to be careful in dismissing the guy.

Summer Leagues make some players look good - others look bad.

The announcers were slamming Jimmer Fredette the other day.....but I saw flashes that he could play even last year in SAC.

And again - we have to consider with Jimmer's case - this IS Sacramento......

..But anyways I wouldn't dismiss JJJ (Or Jimmer), for that matter. Let's see what happens in training camp...after all, this will be JJJ's SECOND training camp - OH WAIT!

He DIDN'T have a training camp last year, due to the LOCKOUT......

Look - let's give the guy a full training camp. I'm just not sold on what I see here in the Summer Leagues, yet. They tell a story, but often not the ENTIRE story.

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
how? lol cuz of his interviews where he actually displays charisma nd aint politically correct? he looks a hell of a lot betta then JJJ despite less experience nd being 3 years younger i tried supporting Jujuan since he dont seem like a bad guy but dude is skating on thin ice
probably how he giggles after fouls and stuff the kid is just having fun though is how I see it, loves the game and ya can tell he cares gets p---ed on scores turnovers etc
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 12:00:50 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Summer League makes JJJ look like he's not chasing a final roster spot.
Too 8)

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 12:02:13 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I understand he nor Moore got a fair hack at it, yet. But with all due respect, a camp isn't going to give him size or athleticism to play in the NBA. He ain't got it, playa.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 12:04:37 AM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
I understand he nor Moore got a fair hack at it, yet. But with all due respect, a camp isn't going to give him size or athleticism to play in the NBA. He ain't got it, playa.
Not that I particularly enjoy denigrating our players but I was surprised that people were proposing he had "it" to begin with.

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And in addition to the lack of a training camp last year, there was ALSO a lack of even practice sessions between games.

We all know that Doc often would forego practice just to give the vets some rest. While this was good for the vets, we all know that this is BAD for rookies.

Some rooks can adjust to this; yes - E'Twuan seems to be playing well in the Summer Leagues. But Bigs often take longer to develop.

Just give him time - and a training camp. Give him a normal NBA season - full of practice and teaching. He has the skills and desire.

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 12:09:05 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Not that I particularly enjoy denigrating our players but I was surprised that people were proposing he had "it" to begin with.

I think that JJJ will prove to have more than many are currently giving him credit for.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson