Author Topic: Hawks (1-1) vs Celtics (0-0) 7/16  (Read 45553 times)

Re: Hawks (1-1) vs Celtics (0-0) 7/16
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2012, 07:01:10 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Final roster needs to be:

Rondo
Terry
TBA FA SG
Bradley
Joseph
KG
PP
Melo
Green
Bass
Wilcox
TBA FA BIG
Sully

Moore and Johnson need to be dumped for a SG or another body that can contribute

This is what I been sayin!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Interesting analysis from Sam Mitchell. He says Johnson body isn't cut for power forwards. He thinks his future is at 3 spot. Needs to add range to his shot

And that! Geez
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
ya, I think sullinger/joseph/Melo are locks for the roster....our 2012 draft class is looking good.

after that I think its a battle between Christmas and Moore for the last spot.

the good thing is, the c's now own the red-claws...so technically couldnt we sign both and have one ride the pine in Maine?

« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Celtics rookies look like they have been together for years compared to these squads.
completely agree.  credit to Ty Lue for getting the C's youngsters looking like the most cohesive unit so far in summer league.

« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
when is this game going to replay?

« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2012, 09:38:55 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
If it comes down to a final roster spot right now I would take Smith, Christmas or Joseph over JjJ. His body language is horrible. He needs to cut the too cool for school routine and start acting like a professional. Really disappointed in what I have seen from him and that is after he was given plenty of warnings in front of the media by Doc that he needed to work harder.

« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Announcers making exscuses for US team saying the international competition has just increased. Anyone can see that this squad is not playing well together so far- no ball movement. Coach K just wants shooters who can dunk- westbrook. Kevin Love is barely playing. I'm not his biggest fan especially for not playing Rondo. He says he diddnt want a non shooter on the floor- guess who else was a non shooter who was the PG for the dream team?-- Magic Johnson!!

« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
If it comes down to a final roster spot right now I would take Smith, Christmas or Joseph over JjJ. His body language is horrible. He needs to cut the too cool for school routine and start acting like a professional. Really disappointed in what I have seen from him and that is after he was given plenty of warnings in front of the media by Doc that he needed to work harder.

Agree,  JjJ never seems to had the "urgency" attitude....I mean ...yea he might make somebodies team....but 3J dude , man you gotta get dirty , get on the floor after some balls, assert your dang self.  JJJ is to slow and not a 3 postion ball handler.  He can't take Bass's 4 job, he an't BIG or tuff enough the way he is acting.  JJJ plays a NICE game...but the NBA an't a group of NICE FOLKS out shooting hoops.  Its serious kill or be killed . Frankly he doesn't seem as serious as Williams to me.  To me JJ is TOO slow running the court, OLD WILCOX can run rings around JJJ.  He is headed to Europe sure as the world. Just don't think he has the MOTOR to make a serious team like the Celtics.

Little ol Moore is game as red rooster ... Moore and Christmas should be given a good look before cutting.  Moore already has a year under his belt and familuar with the team , and has been ON THE COURT underfire.  I think he'll be even better this year.

« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
the thing is, if we cut Christmas or Moore, cant we offer them a contract and keep them on the Redclaws??

the C's now own the team soley so they wouldnt have any fear of losing them.

« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Final roster needs to be:

Rondo
Terry
TBA FA SG
Bradley
Joseph
KG
PP
Melo
Green
Bass
Wilcox
TBA FA BIG
Sully

Moore and Johnson need to be dumped for a SG or another body that can contribute

This is what I been sayin!

Yea ..this is lookin pretty good to me as well.   ANother Center and another guard....we should be off and running.  

I wonder if DA can keep AB on injured reserve , and keep somebody like Christmas till he returns for good . ???

« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2012, 05:14:01 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Melo did some good work against the Hawks.  He threw another good pass to a fellow big.  It's always to a fellow big.  He's been good for an impressive dime a game in the summer.  It's really not a surprise.  He showed good passing vision at Syracuse.

I was most impressed by the rebounds he got.  He really blocks out before turning for the board and I thought he high pointed several rebounds very impressively.  There's no reason why he can't be a good rebounder.  After three years now of watching the Celtics get murdered on the boards, rebounds excite me.