Author Topic: Rockets to amnesty Scola  (Read 12958 times)

Re: Luis scola will get amnesty
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 06:36:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Wow.  They better get Howard or this is gonna look awful for them.

EDIT:  Looks like they won't do it until they've definitely got him.  But it's still public knowledge either way.

Question - when can a player picked up off the waiver wire be traded?  There's no chance of a claim-and-trade move, is there?

No. An amnesty claimee (?) can't be traded until the following July 1.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Wow.  They better get Howard or this is gonna look awful for them.

EDIT:  Looks like they won't do it until they've definitely got him.  But it's still public knowledge either way.

Question - when can a player picked up off the waiver wire be traded?  There's no chance of a claim-and-trade move, is there?

January 15th, I would assume unless theres some crazy loop hole everyone is missing.

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
For a team that most thought had been given up for dead at the start of the free agent frenzy, the Mavs are putting together a pretty decent roster.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 06:41:24 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Question - when can a player picked up off the waiver wire be traded?  There's no chance of a claim-and-trade move, is there?

January 15th, I would assume unless theres some crazy loop hole everyone is missing.

Thanks.  That still leaves the door open for midseason trades to contenders.  Wouldn't surprise me if some of the cellar-dwellers picked a couple of these guys up as assets.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 06:42:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Wow.  They better get Howard or this is gonna look awful for them.

EDIT:  Looks like they won't do it until they've definitely got him.  But it's still public knowledge either way.

Question - when can a player picked up off the waiver wire be traded?  There's no chance of a claim-and-trade move, is there?

Thanks.  That still leaves the door open for midseason trades to contenders.  Wouldn't surprise me if some of the cellar-dwellers picked a couple of these guys up as assets.

It's not Jan 15th. That's the earliest that resigned FAs like Brook Lopez can be traded.

It's July 1 for amnestied players claimed off waivers.

Re: Rockets to amnesty Scola
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 06:42:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
I don't get it.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Thanks.  That still leaves the door open for midseason trades to contenders.  Wouldn't surprise me if some of the cellar-dwellers picked a couple of these guys up as assets.

It's not Jan 15th. That's the earliest that resigned FAs like Brook Lopez can be traded. It's July 1 for amnestied players claimed off waivers.

Gotcha - thanks for the correction.  That increases the chances Haywood might slip through, but Brand and Scola will definitely get claimed.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

It's not Jan 15th. That's the earliest that resigned FAs like Brook Lopez can be traded. It's July 1 for amnestied players claimed off waivers.

Gotcha - thanks for the correction.  That increases the chances Haywood might slip through, but Brand and Scola will definitely get claimed.
You know with our luck it wouldn't surprise me if he goes to Miami
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Luis scola to get amnesty?
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
I don't care as long as the Lakers don't get him.

I am holding myself back from any belief that the Lakers won't get him, trying to shield myself a little from the inveitable let-down. But  I will be ecstatic if Houston gets him.

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I don't get it.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

There's no Howard-to-Houston deal imminent with amnesty of Scola, but Rockets goal is unmistakable: They'll stop at nothing to get him.

4m Adrian Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 06:56:51 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
The Rockets sure are committed. You can't deny them that.

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
I don't get it.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

There's no Howard-to-Houston deal imminent with amnesty of Scola, but Rockets goal is unmistakable: They'll stop at nothing to get him.

4m Adrian Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.

Maybe they are offering to take Turkoglu off of Orlando's hands? Possibly some combination of J-Rich, Big Baby, Duhon and/or Q-Rich too?

They need the extra space to take on the extra salary while limiting the salary they are sending back to Orlando.

-------------------------------------------

If they do take a load of bad payroll on board, I do not see how they can convince Dwight Howard to stay. They need flexibility to sell Dwight on their ability to make moves for the future.

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
If Houston absorbs Richardson, Turkoglu and Duhon and gives away all those picks/young talent they will basically become Orlando Magic.

Why would Dwight resign there? He can resign in Orlando if he wants to play with those guys. Who are they going to pair him with? CP3?

Edit: Howard is a Maverick next year.

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
he would be a good pickup for us if we could get him for the vet minimum