Author Topic: Pacers (2-0) vs Celtics (2-0) 7/11  (Read 37059 times)

Re: Pacers (2-0) vs Celtics (2-0) 7/11
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I thought Moore played outstanding as well as Xmas , they did let Stevenson intimidate them. 

I think Moore is proving he wants to be in the NBA. Making DA think hard I'm sure. 

JJJ is the one that worries me.  He plays an offensive game sorta like Bass, but he don't have Bass bulk and upper body strenght to block out bigs .

JJJ 's back is really against the wall. He is playing better last two games. But, not to the level Moore has taken his game .

« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2012, 01:42:48 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I thought Moore played outstanding as well as Xmas , they did let Stevenson intimidate them. 

I think Moore is proving he wants to be in the NBA. Making DA think hard I'm sure. 

JJJ is the one that worries me.  He plays an offensive game sorta like Bass, but he don't have Bass bulk and upper body strenght to block out bigs .

JJJ 's back is really against the wall. He is playing better last two games. But, not to the level Moore has taken his game .

THANK YOU! TP!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2012, 06:25:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Joseph +26, not bad. Never expected him to be this good. Can anyone explain to me why he fell to 51. Seems like he has a pretty complete game.

When you shoot just a inch over 400 % fg rate, it doesn't matter if your anthony davis, nobody is going to like that.

Joseph basically was not an efficient scorer in his final year. That being said, i was impressed to see a trend that, when his shots weren't falling, in the end of the game he still ended up going 7-8 at the ft line. He stops doing things that don't work and resorts to other ways to score.

His other flaw in college was that he was just too passive out on the court at times and didn't deliver the goods when the team needed it. Instead waiters was the guy who did that.

Joseph has some very nice physical tools and playing with better players should be a more efficient scorer.

« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I have watched all three games.  So far, here are my impressions:

ET Moore - Worthy of the backup PG spot behind Rondo, but needs to be a better distributor and facilitator.  Had his best game today.

JJJ - Best game today.  Show a little bit of everything, blocked shot, boards, and a couple nice step back shots

Sullinger - will be the best draft pick we have had since Rondo.  As advertised.

Melo - surprisingly good passer, has some feel for the game, athleticism, and can definitely reject shots

Joseph - to me the most surprising player of all of our draft picks, super smooth jumper off of the down screen, all around game is solid, simply just a player.  I said Ryan Gomes 2.0 but Joseph is a 2/3

Xmas - gritty tough guy, plays hard, good size for a 2, can shoot, penetrate, always looking for the open guy...good all around game...would like to see him on the D-league roster

Williams - will probably be an invite just because he is big but is showing me zero so far

Gibson - gunner

Smith - gunner-light

Brackins - how was this guy a 1st round pick?

Lasme - plays hard but is a non-factor

« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
At the time of the draft I wrote about Joseph and why is was downgraded and why I thought he was underrated. Basically he was downgraded because he isn't a superstar at any one thing. However unlike most players he also isn't really bad at any one thing. In a team style offense, he won't hurt you and can help you as long as you don't ask him to be your star.