Author Topic: Here's the RUMOR 4-team trade..  (Read 18016 times)

Re: Here's the RUMOR 4-team trade..
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
So Orlando's front court is going to now be Lopez and Davis? Nice, lol.

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 06:28:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think this deal actually works out splendidly for the Magic if they come out with Muhammad or Noel next year. Make no mistake, a team centered around Bropez will be in the hunt for the top pick. If either Muhammad or Noel establish themselves as an elite prospect, and the Magic get the top pick, it could work out perfectly for the Magic to suck for two years and get another premium draft choice the next year and be a really exciting young team.
Gotta think this is Orlando and Houston's best bet at rebuilding at this stage. I think both Nerlens and Shabazz will been transcendent, franchise cornerstone type players and teams will be tanking like crazy to get a chance to draft one of them.

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »

Offline StarzNBarz

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Wait hold on this makes no sense unless you missed something.

Cleveland trade Luke Walton

and recieves

Kris Humphries
Sundiata Gaines
Quentin Richardson
1st-Nets
3 million from Nets

somethings not right...

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 06:29:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I too would prefer one year of Bynum. You'd at least have his Bird Rights next offseason, where you should be able to get something for him, if he wasn't willing to extend.

Instead, you're strapped with Brook Lopez on a max deal, and three picks that project to be in the 22-30 range. If one of those guys ends up a legit starter, Orlando will be lucky.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think this deal actually works out splendidly for the Magic if they come out with Muhammad or Noel next year. Make no mistake, a team centered around Bropez will be in the hunt for the top pick. If either Muhammad or Noel establish themselves as an elite prospect, and the Magic get the top pick, it could work out perfectly for the Magic to suck for two years and get another premium draft choice the next year and be a really exciting young team.
Gotta think this is Orlando and Houston's best bet at rebuilding at this stage. I think both Nerlens and Shabazz will been transcendent, franchise cornerstone type players and teams will be tanking like crazy to get a chance to draft one of them.
I thought Shabazz was being billed more as an All-Star caliber prospect than an MVP caliber talent. An above average but unexceptional athlete with a very well developed game already. I thought that was the book on him.

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I thought Shabazz was being billed more as an All-Star caliber prospect than an MVP caliber talent. An above average but unexceptional athlete with a very well developed game already. I thought that was the book on him.
I think he's better than that and will show it.

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Ummm, just so you know, the Hawks won the Joe Johnson trade.

Umm oh really? Because that trade allowed Williams to stay and now Howard to come as well. I'm sure NJ is hurting from that trade. Big deal on how much Johnson is getting paid because it allowed the next dominos to fall.

Yeah, everyone hates Johnson's contract, but Deron Williams has already gone on record that otherwise he signs with Dallas. Clear win for Brooklyn.

If I were Orlando, I would only consider Brook Lopez to be a trade asset.

But Orlando must intend to keep Lopez otherwise why turn down Houston's draft day offer? Which presumably would've been for more and better picks, including the 12th pick this year, plus similar cap space?

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

But Orlando must intend to keep Lopez otherwise why turn down Houston's draft day offer? Which presumably would've been for more and better picks, including the 12th pick this year, plus similar cap space?
Good point, makes sense.

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Based on the way Orlando has played this so far, I'm sure that they'll wait this out for an even worse opportunity to come along.

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Orlando should have traded Howard to Houston or the Lakers when they had a chance. Their package in the trade looks like crap.

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 06:37:06 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Good point, makes sense.

Right? But that doesn't mean much in the NBA. Also very possibly Orlando just misplayed the whole situation.

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
 typical nba.  horrible trades for no reason other than to please one player.   the cba lockout did nothing.

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
C:  Brook Lopez, Shelden Williams
PF: Glen Davis, Andrew Nicolson
SF: Hedo Turkoglu, Damion James, Luke Walton
SG: JJ Redick
PG: Jameer Nelson, Armon Johnson

Plus, 3 late first round picks. Huh, I don't get it.

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Well Orlando will have plenty of cap space during the 2013 free agency period. Alot of great players will be available
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Good point, makes sense.

Right? But that doesn't mean much in the NBA. Also very possibly Orlando just misplayed the whole situation.

Yeah, they blew getting this year's lottery pick (by not trading him at last year's trade deadline and NJ giving it up for G-Wallace instead) ... just like Minnesota did with Garnett before trading KG to Boston.

They also lost the ability to dump additional salaries in the deal. They have done a very poor job here if this is the deal they settle on.