Author Topic: Here's the RUMOR 4-team trade..  (Read 18072 times)

Re: Here's the RUMOR 4-team trade..
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
How do teams continue to get these type of players and give nothing up??? Boston gave up far more to land KG and the Nets give up nothing to get Johnson and Howard!! Amazing. The new NBA just find a team that is willing to give a way it's best players but make sure you have one of their buddies on the team.

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
How do teams continue to get these type of players and give nothing up??? Boston gave up far more to land KG and the Nets give up nothing to get Johnson and Howard!! Amazing. The new NBA just find a team that is willing to give a way it's best players but make sure you have one of their buddies on the team.

Ummm, just so you know, the Hawks won the Joe Johnson trade.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Howard and his agent seem to have successfully scared away all other suitors.

But if I'm managing a late lottery team or play-off also-ran, Atlanta? Utah? Toronto? G.S.?, I make a run at Howard and force him to walk away next off-season for a shorter deal for less money, with his preferred Nets team over the cap. It's not as if he's been anything like resolute over the past two years.

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 06:13:40 PM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
Just saw this proposal on ESPN, so it seems that it holds water. Seems bad for everyone but the Nets though, although the Cavs will get better, and it does almost nothing for the Clippers with their Guard situation other than a decent potential bench player if Brooks has another good year.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
that sucks for everyone but the Nets.

Seconded. Orlando is going to be even worse next year.

I think that's actually by design....Tanking

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 06:17:06 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
A.Bynum and no picks is a better offer.

The same Bynum that will be a ufa after next season and wants to test the market?

Bynum, 24, has one year left on his Lakers contract and has a short list of potential teams with salary-cap space and supporting cast that primarily include the Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets with the Cleveland Cavaliers and a “couple others” on the list, league sources said. If Bynum remains with the Lakers past the Howard derby, he’ll have strong incentive to accept a maximum contract extension to stay in L.A., sources said. Otherwise, he has expressed a desire to test the free-agent market.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Geesh, letting him play out the year and walk and getting the cap space has to be better than the return they are going to get.

Lousy return. Makes what Denver got for Melo look like a treasure trove of wealth in comparison.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 06:18:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Yeah if i was a middle of the road free agent or a undrafted rookie, i would want to sign with Orlando, Charlotte, or New Orleans. That way u will have a great shot of making the roster and make a name for yourself
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »

Offline Josh88

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
Howard and his agent seem to have successfully scared away all other suitors.

Exactly

Other teams are willing to offer far more than the Nets, but no one is going to give up a player like Bynum for a one year rental on Dwight. It's Brooklyn or nowhere.

I'm just not paying attention anymore until a trade actually happens. This has been going on for a year and I've heard countless supposed trades which were near completion, I'm just sick of hearing about it every single day and nothing ever happening.

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
A.Bynum and no picks is a better offer.

The same Bynum that will be a ufa after next season and wants to test the market?

Bynum, 24, has one year left on his Lakers contract and has a short list of potential teams with salary-cap space and supporting cast that primarily include the Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets with the Cleveland Cavaliers and a “couple others” on the list, league sources said. If Bynum remains with the Lakers past the Howard derby, he’ll have strong incentive to accept a maximum contract extension to stay in L.A., sources said. Otherwise, he has expressed a desire to test the free-agent market.

I am surprised by that. I still think he'd sign a max contract extension if offered one though.

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 06:22:07 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I think this deal actually works out splendidly for the Magic if they come out with Muhammad or Noel next year. Make no mistake, a team centered around Bropez will be in the hunt for the top pick. If either Muhammad or Noel establish themselves as an elite prospect, and the Magic get the top pick, it could work out perfectly for the Magic to suck for two years and get another premium draft choice the next year and be a really exciting young team.

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Orlando should took the Rockets offer, whatever that was. My guess was the 3 1st round picks this year, Luis Scola, and either Kevin Martin or Kyle Lowery. That be better than what they getting from this proposae trade.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Lousy return. Makes what Denver got for Melo look like a treasure trove of wealth in comparison.

Too true.

At least it won't be hard to find friends to take my other Nets season ticket. Not with a starting five of -

Dwight Howard
Gerald Wallace
Jason Richardson
Joe Johnson
Deron Williams

P.S. If I'm Cavaliers or Clippers I want nothing to do with this deal. Cleveland just passed on Thomas Robinson presumably with an eye towards Tristan Thompson's development, now they're going to overpay known commodity Kris Humphries to help a conference rival load up? Couldn't they likely sign Jamison for less?

And while I like Marshon Brooks, Clippers don't need to give up a 1st for a fifth guard. Del Negro's not going to be able to manage that many chuckers. Brooks AND Crawford when you really want Griffin and Paul getting the bulk of the teams shots?

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 06:25:39 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Ummm, just so you know, the Hawks won the Joe Johnson trade.

Umm oh really? Because that trade allowed Williams to stay and now Howard to come as well. I'm sure NJ is hurting from that trade. Big deal on how much Johnson is getting paid because it allowed the next dominos to fall.

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If I were Orlando, I would only consider Brook Lopez to be a trade asset.

Look to move him on 6-12 months from now for additional assets. No interest in a comparable low-level star so probably a quality prospect and/or draft picks + cap makeweights.

I think Brook Lopez is a fine young player but too limited to be a main cog in a rebuilding team. A lot more comfortable with him as a finishing piece to a quality team.