Author Topic: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9  (Read 159990 times)

Re: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9
« Reply #1080 on: June 10, 2012, 02:39:15 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yes angryguy... LeBron would put up those numbers more-or-less.  The refs don't turn a person into a 6'9 250 pound highly skilled athletic supernova will otherworldly basketball ability.   The refs didn't make LeBron James shoot 19-26 in Game 6.  You can nitpick anything and anyone... Bron just has a spotlight.  Maybe there are a few bad calls here or there, but the I personally believe this idea that the NBA is fixed and LeBron gets away with murder is mostly nonsense.  He's a great player.  At this point with all of these poor sport crybabies nitpicking every aspect of his game... it's almost fair to say he's UNDERRATED now (if that's even possible for a 3 time MVP in the prime of his career)

« Reply #1081 on: June 10, 2012, 02:51:40 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
yes angryguy... LeBron would put up those numbers more-or-less.  The refs don't turn a person into a 6'9 250 pound highly skilled athletic supernova will otherworldly basketball ability.   The refs didn't make LeBron James shoot 19-26 in Game 6.  You can nitpick anything and anyone... Bron just has a spotlight.  Maybe there are a few bad calls here or there, but the I personally believe this idea that the NBA is fixed and LeBron gets away with murder is mostly nonsense.  He's a great player.  At this point with all of these poor sport crybabies nitpicking every aspect of his game... it's almost fair to say he's UNDERRATED now (if that's even possible for a 3 time MVP in the prime of his career)

Nobody is saying he isn't a talented player, but to say that he doesn't benefit from super treatment is laughable. I know this may deconstruct your view of yourself, but you are just as biased as those who you claim have an irrational hate for lebron.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1082 on: June 10, 2012, 02:56:49 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yes angryguy... LeBron would put up those numbers more-or-less.  The refs don't turn a person into a 6'9 250 pound highly skilled athletic supernova will otherworldly basketball ability.   The refs didn't make LeBron James shoot 19-26 in Game 6.  You can nitpick anything and anyone... Bron just has a spotlight.  Maybe there are a few bad calls here or there, but the I personally believe this idea that the NBA is fixed and LeBron gets away with murder is mostly nonsense.  He's a great player.  At this point with all of these poor sport crybabies nitpicking every aspect of his game... it's almost fair to say he's UNDERRATED now (if that's even possible for a 3 time MVP in the prime of his career)

Nobody is saying he isn't a talented player, but to say that he doesn't benefit from super treatment is laughable. I know this may deconstruct your view of yourself, but you are just as biased as those who you claim have an irrational hate for lebron.
My problem with that logic is that it hinges on the improbable idea that the NBA favors LeBron, looks after him, coddles him and gives him the benefit of the doubt because they have some kind of vested interest in seeing him succeed.   And if you're willing to make that crazy conspiracy theory leap... you almost must accept that our 2008 title is tarnished.  Where does it end, angryguy?  Where does Stern's evil influence start and end?  Did he not give star treatment to Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen?... three franchise players... one an MVP.  In 2008, Kevin Garnett was as much a face of the NBA as LeBron.  Was he getting the benefit of the doubt too?  This idea that Stern only fixes it for "other" teams and not the Boston Celtics is kind of stupid, if you ask me.  It's a slippery slope.  If it's fixed, it's fixed... and Stern forced Memphis to trade Pau to LA, forced Minny to trade KG to Boston... and used his minion refs to assure a Celtics/Lakers final with a Boston victory, because it was "in the best interest of the league". 

It's nonsense.  LeBron's a beast.  There's no fix.  We lost.  Our 2008 title was legit.    

« Reply #1083 on: June 10, 2012, 03:17:48 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
yes angryguy... LeBron would put up those numbers more-or-less.  The refs don't turn a person into a 6'9 250 pound highly skilled athletic supernova will otherworldly basketball ability.   The refs didn't make LeBron James shoot 19-26 in Game 6.  You can nitpick anything and anyone... Bron just has a spotlight.  Maybe there are a few bad calls here or there, but the I personally believe this idea that the NBA is fixed and LeBron gets away with murder is mostly nonsense.  He's a great player.  At this point with all of these poor sport crybabies nitpicking every aspect of his game... it's almost fair to say he's UNDERRATED now (if that's even possible for a 3 time MVP in the prime of his career)

My problem with that logic is that it hinges on the improbable idea that the NBA favors LeBron, looks after him, coddles him and gives him the benefit of the doubt because they have some kind of vested interest in seeing him succeed.   And if you're willing to make that crazy conspiracy theory leap... you almost must accept that our 2008 title is tarnished.  Where does it end, angryguy?  Where does Stern's evil influence start and end?  Did he not give star treatment to Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen?... three franchise players... one an MVP.  In 2008, Kevin Garnett was as much a face of the NBA as LeBron.  Was he getting the benefit of the doubt too?  This idea that Stern only fixes it for "other" teams and not the Boston Celtics is kind of stupid, if you ask me.  It's a slippery slope.  If it's fixed, it's fixed... and Stern forced Memphis to trade Pau to LA, forced Minny to trade KG to Boston... and used his minion refs to assure a Celtics/Lakers final with a Boston victory, because it was "in the best interest of the league". 

It's nonsense.  LeBron's a beast.  There's no fix.  We lost.  Our 2008 title was legit.    

Where did I say anything was fixed? Saying that lebron doesn't get crazy calls in his favor is just as crazy as a conspiracy. Are you really saying star treatment doesn't exist or help certain players? I suppose the government has never lied to use either.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1084 on: June 10, 2012, 03:27:51 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Anyone who has eyes and looks at the game and the box score and still blindingly claim Lebron does not get superstar calls. wow. There is no use arguing with someone who is this blind to the obvious.

« Reply #1085 on: June 10, 2012, 04:02:32 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
So proud of this team.

« Reply #1086 on: June 10, 2012, 04:22:47 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
No doubt the refs favour star players, that stern's gimmick, once you start making calls based on the name on the back of the jersey, and not the actual game, you have already arrived into a form of match fixing

Look at the olympics, with a team full of all stars the USA struggles to win, whilst the other countries are mainly composed of nba role players or even euro guys, without the star calls suddenly the gap between wade and a guy like navarro isn't that great. If the nba is to be believed USA should have won the medal game by 50+

« Reply #1087 on: June 11, 2012, 04:08:08 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBU5Du9Hjfc

I love Rajon's answer (and especially his body language) when asked if he thought they overachieved to get to a Game 7 vs. Miami. What a stupid question. Sure, their run probably surprised most of us but we always knew they had heart. And if your heart is in it, you can make it quite far. It's the very epitome of what being a Celtic is about. Be proud, go out guns blazing. These C's did just that. Somewhere in the heavens, Red is smiling and he's lighting one up in tribute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnEf2zQ5OQk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I love Doc. He always nails it.

#iamaceltic

« Reply #1088 on: June 11, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Lebron song of choice that activated beast-mode is Eminem "The Way I Am"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-fcdvOJYJ4