Author Topic: Wade and LBJ now impossible to guard with Ray in the fold?  (Read 11027 times)

Re: Wade and LBJ now impossible to guard with Ray in the fold?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I want to second much of what Greenfaith1819 said earlier.  IMHO, NO ONE, and certainly NOT the Heat, has had an off season like Danny Ainge and our beloved Celtics.

We signed Heat killer Jason Terry.  We signed a fantastic all-around player and potential Lebron stopper in Jeff Green.  On top of that, we FINALLY got some size and youth in the draft times two!!  

Not to mention the FACT that we will have our own Wade stopper back in Avery Bradley.

Some of you "fans" act like we should wave the white hankey and give up because the Heat are unstoppable.  That, my friends, is a JOKE!!  I, and I am sure all the Celtics, am longing for the playoff matchup with the Miami Traitors (specifically Lebron and Ray).  Bring it on baby!!  I simply CANNOT wait to hear the excuses coming out of Miami and from that consummate professional, Ray Allen!!!!!

And I bet that we add Kristic and Courtney Lee to the fold.

Smitty77

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
C  - Bosh
PF - LeBron
SF - Wade
SG - Ray

Is going to be incredibly difficult to defend. Supplying help defense is going be a nightmare.

Chalmers too, to a lesser extent, is a solid shooter also. Or put in Battier for more size at the forward slots. Or Mike Miller or James Jones for more shooting.
Is it not something we already saw this season though, Battier filled that role that would be Ray spotting up burying three after three not sure the numbers but seemed just as efficient if not better than Ray.

battier cant guard pierce and bass/green though, which is why heat can play small (just like posey did for us). if they will trot out a bosh lebron,allen,wade chalmers, thats a very good lineup offensively, but the problem is with allen there instead of battier pierce will have an easier time, or if lbj guards pierce, im laughing if theyre going to put allen on green.

if the heat are going to win again, it wont be because of allen, but it would be because of lbj, wade and the officials.

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I do not believe that Wade can credibly play SF. ...he is a 6'4". If he does that, then the other teams will all adapt and post him up. Sounds like a good way for him to get injured.

...the Heat will also have to play, you know, DEFENSE? While Allen might help on offense, I don't understand how having him as an additional shooting guard really helps that much.

It's the point guard position that's an issue for the Heat - and the Center position.

Lebron is am amazing player - but as it stands, Miller, or Haslem, or Battier, or Chalmers, or whoever, can be left to double him.

I just don't see what it buys them.

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 09:55:13 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
They will be the same man. They are still beatable you have to worry on how the game is officiated.

Nope, the game is not won and lost by the officials (despite what people want to convince themselves). Lebron and Wade BEAT the Celtics... the officials didn't play it out that way it really went that way.

Lebron and Wade are already the modern day version of Jordan and Pippen. Now imagine you took the '92 Bulls, took away Craig Hodges' minutes then gave them to the 2003 version of Reggie Miller... that's essentially what is happening next season.

That being said, I don't think the loss of Ray Allen hurts Boston that much. I've stated my feelings on Ray Allen's game (outside of outside shooting) here a million times. The Celtics are a better team without Ray Allen.

The main problem is that in Miami Ray Allen is playing a 6th man role on a team with 2 of the 5 best isolation scorers in the league. They also happen to be 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the league AND 2 of the last players who to leave being covered by just one man... that equals open shots outside.

Ray Allen will be great this year and the Heat will be playing in the ECF... the only question is how The Celtics defense (who I anticipate being THE best in the league) will adjust.

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 09:57:12 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Latest Ray Allen buzz: Ex-Celtics teammates ticked. Already talk they plan to stick Rondo on him full court, keep him from getting ball.

I'd be fine with Rondo on him, as long as Bradley is on Wade.

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
They will be the same man. They are still beatable you have to worry on how the game is officiated.

Nope, the game is not won and lost by the officials (despite what people want to convince themselves). Lebron and Wade BEAT the Celtics... the officials didn't play it out that way it really went that way.

Lebron and Wade are already the modern day version of Jordan and Pippen. Now imagine you took the '92 Bulls, took away Craig Hodges' minutes then gave them to the 2003 version of Reggie Miller... that's essentially what is happening next season.

That being said, I don't think the loss of Ray Allen hurts Boston that much. I've stated my feelings on Ray Allen's game (outside of outside shooting) here a million times. The Celtics are a better team without Ray Allen.

The main problem is that in Miami Ray Allen is playing a 6th man role on a team with 2 of the 5 best isolation scorers in the league. They also happen to be 2 of the best perimeter defenders in the league AND 2 of the last players who to leave being covered by just one man... that equals open shots outside.

Ray Allen will be great this year and the Heat will be playing in the ECF... the only question is how The Celtics defense (who I anticipate being THE best in the league) will adjust.

What do you do with Ray on defense? This would be a small team. ...and, of course, every shot made limits the kind of fast break opportunity that would help Ray get shots.

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
As a spot up shooter, Ray Allen is about the same as Mike Miller or James Jones.

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2012, 11:13:04 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
As a spot up shooter, Ray Allen is about the same as Mike Miller or James Jones.

The thing is - Ray is not only a spot up shooter - at least not a healthy one. In the first half of last season, he was one of our best offensive players - not just shooting.