Author Topic: Wade and LBJ now impossible to guard with Ray in the fold?  (Read 11011 times)

Re: Wade and LBJ now impossible to guard with Ray in the fold?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 03:10:09 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Wade and Lebron were already pretty impossible to guard and were surrounded by a really solid batch of 3 point shooters (Chalmers, Jones, Battier, and Miller.)  I don't see that much of a difference now that Ray will be one of the batch.

It all comes down to solid team D and making the right rotations/adjustments.

the C's did a pretty good job on D.wade I thought....they made it a plan to shut him down and let Lebron get his..

the key really is avery bradley...we HAD to double wade because we had no one who could play him one-on-one

wades offense is all predicated on him getting the first step on his defender...Bradley was able to stay in front of him, and if he can take on wade 1v1 it will give us a much better chance

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 03:12:57 PM »

Offline Django

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Latest Ray Allen buzz: Ex-Celtics teammates ticked. Already talk they plan to stick Rondo on him full court, keep him from getting ball.

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Definitely more difficult to defend, as Ray is a more consistent threat from three than Miller or Jones. They were nearly impossible to defend anyway, though.

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 03:18:15 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Latest Ray Allen buzz: Ex-Celtics teammates ticked. Already talk they plan to stick Rondo on him full court, keep him from getting ball.

Does anyone really think that Ray's going to get the ball in the backcourt? 99% of the time he'll get the ball on kickouts from drives.

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
When they both can travel at will and the messiah is incapable of fouling...They're impossible to guard anyway.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 03:25:59 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Some scouts seem to think so  :-X

@ChrisMannixSI
A lot of "oh bleep" responses from scouts RE: Allen to Miami. "With him outside, Wade and LBJ are going to be impossible to guard," says one

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/statuses/221662103080153088

Because Mike Miller and James Jones were horrible shooters, right?

Ray maybe makes 4 more out of 100 than those guys. Over a 7 game series he maybe takes 50 threes if he is really gunning. This literally will amount to 6 more points in a series...if that. Plus, yes Rondo is near perfect. We can play the same team d and we will be fine. We need to have enough bodies to throw at Wade, Lebron and Ray and right now that means Green, Pietrus, PP, Bass, and Avery. Perhaps Sullinger can bang a little with Lebron too. I think we will be fine but we need size on the floor when KG sits

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

This is much deeper than I thought so if this report is true.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

This is much deeper than I thought so if this report is true.

I checked out the twitter and funniest part was someone responded with something like "Heat would love that, would keep Rondo out of passing lanes and from rebounding and starting the break" and he responded "Willing to lose a regular season game to prove a point"

Lets see how much Rondo irritates you now Ray.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 07:41:46 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Definitely more difficult to defend, as Ray is a more consistent threat from three than Miller or Jones. They were nearly impossible to defend anyway, though.

In the Finals, Battier was an eye-popping 15-26 from 3, Miller was 7-11 and Jones 2-5.   Ray is unlikely to shoot any better than that.  The Heat bench just caught fire from the arc.  Lebron's dominance in the lane was fueled by the inside-outside clicking that occurred.   They are good (the Heat), but not great.  They can be beat.  Ray helps them, but I don't think gives them much more than Miller does (did).

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't see it being to much harder. It seemed like they hit every big 3 this year. Battier was just on fire. Lets see if Ray can make it to the postseason with healthy ankles as well.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 06:25:10 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Wade and bran are already impossible to guard as long as Finals MVP David Sperm is running things and his refs are on the floor.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 06:49:26 PM »

Offline flyofchange

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • "Xs and Os versus checkbooks and bottom lines"
A 3-pointer is worth 3 points people! Doesnt matter if its ray or miller or battier or james jones shooting em! A ray allen 3 is not worth 4 points...geeeeez

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
A 3-pointer is worth 3 points people! Doesnt matter if its ray or miller or battier or james jones shooting em! A ray allen 3 is not worth 4 points...geeeeez

This is true, but who would you want taking those shots?

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »

Offline flyofchange

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • "Xs and Os versus checkbooks and bottom lines"

This is true, but who would you want taking those shots?

If your miami I guess you would rather have ray take them than those other guys, my point is over the long haul it aint gonna make no difference who shots em cause ray isnt gonna hit 90% more of em than any other good 3 point shooter. More Importantly what he brings to the table doesnt make miami better considering what the already have and what they lack.

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

Does anyone really think that Ray's going to get the ball in the backcourt? 99% of the time he'll get the ball on kickouts from drives.

Yeah makes no sense, which makes me think this isn't even true. Ray is just going to spot up Rondo if anybody needs be on Wade if Bradley can't contain him.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk