Author Topic: Rumor of questionable credibility: Iggy to Raptors for Calderon, DeRozan, Davis  (Read 8710 times)

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Oh, poor Iggy. When will someone let this guy be the perfect second banana he so rightfully deserves.

Id say ideally he'd be your 3rd best player if you want to win a championship.I do agree with the overall sentiment about iggy in the thread, like him a lot and would like this deal for the raptors, but not for Iggy

I've always viewed him as a poor man's Scottie Pippen. He'd compliment a scoring star perfectly.

True but in the landscape of todays NBA, what scoring star could you pair him with and theyre title contenders as iggy as your 2nd best player? Durant?

LeBron. Fantastic wing combo. Terrors on defense.

Go through your elite shooting guards and small forwards:

Lebron, Durant, Wade, Kobe for sure.

Melo, Gay, Pierce with an OK supporting cast.

He's a willing passer, incredible defender, loves getting out on transition and a decent scorer. Again, poor man's Scottie Pippen and that's no knock.

Would he be the second best player on any of those teams those players are currently on? I just think he'd ideally be a third fiddle doing the same things you are saying...but if all you meant was a second fiddle wing player on a team then fine

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Would he be the second best player on any of those teams those players are currently on? I just think he'd ideally be a third fiddle doing the same things you are saying...but if all you meant was a second fiddle wing player on a team then fine

Is he a better player? Not sure. Better fit, probably.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Hypothetical that'd never happen -

Russell Westbrook for Andre Iguodala and Jrue Holiday.

Makes a lot of sense for both teams, though Kevin Durant would have to learn to stop studying Antoine Walker's book of moving w/o the ball.

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
If Igoudala is your best player, you are either missing the playoffs or Round 1 fodder (or lucking into Round 2 as an 8 seed due to injury).

If Igoudala is your second best player, you are probably Round 2 fodder.

Third or fourth best player sounds more like it.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
If Igoudala is your best player, you are either missing the playoffs or Round 1 fodder (or lucking into Round 2 as an 8 seed due to injury).

In above stated hypothetical, would a team of:

Jrue Holiday
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka
Kendrick Perkins

Not be a title contender?

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

In above stated hypothetical, would a team of:

Jrue Holiday
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka
Kendrick Perkins

Not be a title contender?

In my opinion, the above team would not be a title contender. 

And if James Harden is still on the team, they might be.  And then Igoudala is the third best player, in my opinion.