Author Topic: Rumor of questionable credibility: Iggy to Raptors for Calderon, DeRozan, Davis  (Read 8703 times)

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Like this deal for Raps.

Since Bargs is a terrible help defender, now he does not have to worry so much about the wings getting past the defense with Lowry, AI, their rookie Ross and for some spurts, Landry and James Johnson.

Plus it's always nice to add an at his prime all star to your lineup.

Bargs for 2012 All Star! (im sorry, im just a really big Bargnani fan).
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Well the sixers just amnestied Brand and signed Nick Young, so it looks much more likely to happen now.

Whaaaat?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Ryan McNeill: I'm hearing rumors of #RTZ trading Jose, DeMar and Ed for Andre Igoudala. Do it, BC! Great core of Lowry, AI, Bargs, JV

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zr4RRuH7

This probably is made up, but what would you think it this trade went down?

Big upgrade for Toronto.

However, still a fair ways to go to being a title contender and not sure how they can get there with those players/salaries on their roster.

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
I think something may be happening here.

The Raptors unexpectedly pulled their qualifying offer from Jerryd Bayless, which John Hollinger seems to think means they are up to something.

The 76ers made the curious move of essentially cutting Elton Brand to sign Nick Young.

Something is amiss here.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Oh, poor Iggy. When will someone let this guy be the perfect second banana he so rightfully deserves.

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Oh, poor Iggy. When will someone let this guy be the perfect second banana he so rightfully deserves.

Id say ideally he'd be your 3rd best player if you want to win a championship.I do agree with the overall sentiment about iggy in the thread, like him a lot and would like this deal for the raptors, but not for Iggy

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
More like a third banana.

Edit: Ah, Scaryjerry said it first. Completely agree. More of a third option than a second best guy on a title team.

mmmm Id say ideally he'd be your 3rd best player if you want to win a championship although i agree with the overall sentiment about iggy in the thread, like him a lot and would like this deal for the raptors, but not for Iggy

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Ryan McNeill: I'm hearing rumors of #RTZ trading Jose, DeMar and Ed for Andre Igoudala. Do it, BC! Great core of Lowry, AI, Bargs, JV

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zr4RRuH7

This probably is made up, but what would you think it this trade went down?

I actually really like this deal for both teams.

Philly gets a solid PG to back up holiday and some very nice cap relief along with two prospects who have been a dissapointment so far but are still very young and still have a lot of potential.

Toronto gets a very good, borderline allstar who does it all. He would not need to be the lead scorer as Bargs already has that role. Iggy is also an elite defender with a manageable contact.

Philly is not going to get "equal value" for Iggy because everybody in the NBA knows that Philly wants to move him and they made it even more obvious by drafting Harkless.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Id say ideally he'd be your 3rd best player if you want to win a championship.I do agree with the overall sentiment about iggy in the thread, like him a lot and would like this deal for the raptors, but not for Iggy

I've always viewed him as a poor man's Scottie Pippen. He'd compliment a scoring star perfectly.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I listened to Chad Ford on a recent Bill Simmons podcast and he absolutely insists that Jonas Valančiūnas would have been the 2nd pick in this year's draft "hands down"... "no question".  APparently he's VERY good.

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

I've always viewed him as a poor man's Scottie Pippen. He'd compliment a scoring star perfectly.

True but in the landscape of todays NBA, what scoring star could you pair him with and theyre title contenders as iggy as your 2nd best player? Durant?

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

True but in the landscape of todays NBA, what scoring star could you pair him with and theyre title contenders as iggy as your 2nd best player? Durant?

LeBron. Fantastic wing combo. Terrors on defense.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Eh. Not nearly the ball handler that Pippen is.  Pippen used to often set up the offense. 

Not nearly the scorer. 

Not as good of a defensive leader.  Multiple Bulls mentioned how Scottie used to set them up while talking on defense.  Iggy just plays his man.

Pippen led the Bulls within one win of the Eastern Finals.  Couldn't see Iggy doing that.

Pippen was also a more versatile defender.  Defended Magic in the Lakers series and Stockton pretty often in the Jazz series.

Igoudala is a step down from Pippen.  Maybe two steps.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Go through your elite shooting guards and small forwards:

Lebron, Durant, Wade, Kobe for sure.

Melo, Gay, Pierce with an OK supporting cast.

He's a willing passer, incredible defender, loves getting out on transition and a decent scorer. Again, poor man's Scottie Pippen and that's no knock.

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

He's better than Wade? I guess I must have thrown you off with the Durant suggestion because I was unsure whether or not to consider iggy better than westbrook...