Author Topic: come on dirk!!  (Read 4061 times)

Re: come on dirk!!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He is at the end of his career, like KG and Pierce ,even Kobe he don't want to spend his last 2-3 years on a rebuilding club. He'll try and land somewhere he can help a strong contending team.

Dirk is a nice dude. He would be a nice addition to the Celtics.

I'd think he would want to play for Bulls , LA , Orlando ,  Spurs..somebody that has enough pieces to make a run .

He would be n AWESOME  anti - Howard answer for a team planning to beat LAKERS , OKC or Spurs.

Probally for the right deal of players he could be had.

Houston has asetts but are in no postion to win yet.

Bulls makes the alot of sence.

HOW ABOUT THIS !! possibly On Orlando  BYNUM + DIRK ...would be pretty powerful setup.  One that with the right extras could CRUSH THE HEAT !!!  

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
He [Dirk} was asked if he could ever see a time when he would request a trade if the pieces didn't come together as planned.

"I’m not sure," Nowitzki, 34, said. "I’ve always said I want to finish my career here and obviously the championship season topped it all off; that’s what I always was chasing and dreaming about so that kind of sealed that deal on that front. If we really come out with nobody this summer then maybe they want to rebuild and, obviously, I’m too old for that. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens on that front. But I still think I got two, three good years left in me and if we get some players in here we can be right back up there and compete."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4690648/dirk-nowitzki-im-too-old-to-rebuild

Dallas almost certainly has to go into rebuild mode. Dirk will at some point be traded, he's too valuable to just squander in a rebuild situation.

Wow I was way wrong. I thought he would want to stay in Dallas, but guess not.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Absorbing Dirk's salary is somewhere between impossible and more than impossible.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:14 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
he should pack his bags and go to Orlando .  Bynum and Dirk would be a decent core. Ryan Anderson.... turk... add a player or two and they have a nice little team again