Author Topic: Should Dallas move Dirk  (Read 9043 times)

Re: Should Dallas move Dirk
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I think Philly might've just given Dallas some hope - Mavs could add Brand on a one year deal, and sign Lou Williams to a reasonable contract and be in OK shape.

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Boston Dirk, tell Cuban you only want to play in Boston!

I'd gladly give any conbination of Bass, Green, Sullinger, Melo, Johnsnon, Joseph, Moore & future picks.

Someone needs to put the bug in Dirk's ear, force your way here.

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »

Online Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Should Dallas move Dirk 

Sure....If Cuban wants his home games to look like they're being held at Phillips Arena.

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

I'd gladly give any conbination of Bass, Green, Sullinger, Melo, Johnsnon, Joseph, Moore & future picks.

Ya know, there could be something there.

EDIT: meh, i was thinking w/ green shades on. No way does Dallas center a rebuilding movement around Jeff Green's fairly ridiculous contract

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Ya know, there could be something there.

EDIT: meh, i was thinking w/ green shades on. No way does Dallas center a rebuilding movement around Jeff Green's fairly ridiculous contract

What if Green's deal is only partly guaranteed?

Could throw in Bradley too, but I'd be extremely hesitant to do so.

But yeah, for it to happen Dirk would have to basically demand it.

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
What if Green's deal is only partly guaranteed?

Could throw in Bradley too, but I'd be extremely hesitant to do so.

But yeah, for it to happen Dirk would have to basically demand it.

Kinda goes back to my original point - Dallas isn't going to move Dirk just to move Dirk. And while I think Avery Bradley is one of the best role players in the game, him, Green, and any amount of unproven talent isn't going to be enough for Dallas to take the hit: on or off the court.

If you're Mark Cuban, for multiple reasons your teams better off holding onto Dirk, giving some veterans more money they deserve on one year contracts, and maybe looking at some sensible other options like Lou Williams.

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Minnesota - Pekovic, Williams, Webster, Miller, 2013 1st (top 3 protected)

Chicago - Noah, Deng, 2013 1st

Philadelphia - Turner, Harkless, Brand, 2013 1st (top ten protected)

Indiana - Granger, West, Hansborough (Dallas also trades Marion)

There are a few other trade packages that might be worth exploring involving Atlanta (josh smith), Denver (gallinari among others), Golden State (curry and lee), etc.

Chicago is an interesting option for him - but I'm not sure the trade makes much sense for Dallas. Talents comparable, but if I'm rebuilding w/o a prospect I'm not sure I want Noah and Deng eating up 20 million dollars of my salary cap up even if they're nice players on reasonable contracts.
I actually think the best fit would be Minnesota.  Given the trade above that means Minnesota still has Love and Rubio in addition to solid role players like Barea, Budinger, Johnson, Ridnour, Ellington, and Milicic.  They would clearly need to add another big man, but that Minnesota team would be a force in the west

PG - Rubio, Ridnour, Barea
SG - Johnson, Barea, Ellington, Ridnour
SF - Budinger, Johnson
PF - Love, Nowitzki
C - Nowitzki, Milicic

I don't think Dirk would go to Minnesota. I don't think he'd view them as a title contender.

He'll want to go somewhere with a strong interior defense that allows him to play PF. After winning a title with Tyson Chandler alongside + spending all those years under Nellie as a faux-contender with defensively deficient squads ... I don't think he'll view Minnesota as a serious contender. I think he'll veto any trade to them.
before Rubio went down, Minnesota was in the thick of the playoff hunt.  If you added Dirk to Love and Rubio, as well as the rest of the players above, that team is absolutely a title contender.  I have no idea if Dirk would go there, but that team would absolutely be right there with OKC, LA (both), and San An and right in the mix for the top of the West.  It would certainly need another big man (aside from Stiemer of course), but it also has a lot of solid guards/wings on reasonable contracts it could move to add depth down low. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
How about Rondo and Stiemsma for Dirk?