Author Topic: Bass S&T one speculation based on rumor one idea  (Read 2665 times)

Bass S&T one speculation based on rumor one idea
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:33:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Spurs looking at Bass
per twitter
AirAlamo ‏@AirAlamo

Report: Spurs looking at Brandon Bass http://bit.ly/NC8Yth

not sure how to make the numbers work but maybe bass for a package built around Blair and a resigned Danny Green? (especially if Ray walks)

This one is just an idea with not backing from any rumor

Bass to Phoenix for Frye?
Phoenix has Gortat and is looking to extend Lopez. They may be interested in a younger option Bass (27) Frye (29).

Frye would give the Cs length and 3pt range at the 5 Spot. I think he would be a nice option along side either KG or sullinger. The bad is that he is signed to a 4yr deal.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Bass S&T one speculation based on rumor one idea
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:36:31 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Spurs looking at Bass
per twitter
AirAlamo ‏@AirAlamo

Report: Spurs looking at Brandon Bass http://bit.ly/NC8Yth

not sure how to make the numbers work but maybe bass for a package built around Blair and a resigned Danny Green? (especially if Ray walks)

This one is just an idea with not backing from any rumor

Bass to Phoenix for Frye?
Phoenix has Gortat and is looking to extend Lopez. They may be interested in a younger option Bass (27) Frye (29).

Frye would give the Cs length and 3pt range at the 5 Spot. I think he would be a nice option along side either KG or sullinger. The bad is that he is signed to a 4yr deal.

No big men who can't rebound allowed.  No dice on Frye.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:50:10 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Frye can lick me. He's worthless. Bosh would just own him come playoff time, he's soft as Bosh, no heart no matter how loud he screams.
Some guys have the skills, height, they can shoot from deep, but they don't have the heart- Frye is one of those bums.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:11:44 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Im ok with the Frye hate, I was just putting it out there as a possible fit.

The Spurs trade is the one I could really see happening.

If Ray is gone Green would fit in nicely at the 2/3. Giving the Cs youth and length on the perimeter.

Blair would instantly help the Cs rebounding. Im not sure how I feel about Sullinger and Blair together on the court but Blair with KG and Sully with Steimsma could work.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I want Robin Lopez.  IMO he has the mental intangibles ( "grit and balls")  to develop into a real defensive cornerstone and a better player ( less offense but more impact on a game) then his bro. s&t bass for lopez and start him at center next to KG.