Author Topic: Sign & Trade Beasley and Randolph  (Read 6187 times)

Re: Sign & Trade Beasley and Randolph
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 11:36:03 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
But really, how come no one is talking about Anthony Randolph? Legit 6'10" height, has shown promising flashes. Still relatively young (turns 23 later this month - 6 months younger than JJJ). Can't be terribly expensive. Why not take a flyer?

If we want a skinny, ultra athletic, floor running four, I say we work on developing JaJuan Johnson instead.

Anthony Randolph has wayyy more upside than JJJ, imo.

The more I think about it, the less convinced I am of this. They're basically identical. I'm leaning towards sticking with JJJ now.

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 12:21:23 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
But really, how come no one is talking about Anthony Randolph? Legit 6'10" height, has shown promising flashes. Still relatively young (turns 23 later this month - 6 months younger than JJJ). Can't be terribly expensive. Why not take a flyer?

If we want a skinny, ultra athletic, floor running four, I say we work on developing JaJuan Johnson instead.

I think that JJJ's upside is vastly under-rated due to the fact that he stayed in college for four years and was twenty-two when he entered the league. 

I feel that ultimately he could be a very good fit on a Rondo led team for the same reasons that many of you are high on Anthony Randolph. 

I get that they are the same age and that Randolph already has 3 years of NBA seasoning and had a lot more hype entering the league, but I'd rather stick with JaJuan.

JaJuan may develop slower, but my hope is that he develops better habits both mentally and physically as a member of the Boston Celtics with the mentors he has around him and the culture
of the franchise than Anthony Randolph has been doing bouncing around between losers in his first three years in the league.

It's just too early to give up on JJJ, as far as I'm concerned.   
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 01:18:55 AM »

Offline ummidkme

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12

I think that JJJ's upside is vastly under-rated due to the fact that he stayed in college for four years and was twenty-two when he entered the league. 

I feel that ultimately he could be a very good fit on a Rondo led team for the same reasons that many of you are high on Anthony Randolph. 

I get that they are the same age and that Randolph already has 3 years of NBA seasoning and had a lot more hype entering the league, but I'd rather stick with JaJuan.

JaJuan may develop slower, but my hope is that he develops better habits both mentally and physically as a member of the Boston Celtics with the mentors he has around him and the culture
of the franchise than Anthony Randolph has been doing bouncing around between losers in his first three years in the league.

It's just too early to give up on JJJ, as far as I'm concerned.   

I agree with your points on JJJ I like his upside within the system. I'm just suggesting we get something back if we don't want to pay for Steamer. T-wolves already don't want Randolph so it'd just be a nice sign and trade although I wouldn't know the benefits Minny would have in agreeing to this arrangement.

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 11:08:16 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Beasley is gone to the Suns. Any new news on where Randolph may be headed yet? Id love to see him on this team in a Sean Williams or a Ryan hollins role.

With some KG seasoning this guy could be a steal. Anyone hear anything yet?