Author Topic: A trade to make Ray come back & help us in 12-13  (Read 5569 times)

A trade to make Ray come back & help us in 12-13
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
If u were Danny Ainge would you do this deal

Boston trades: Avery Bradley, Brandon Bass & Fab Melo

Phoenix trades: Marcin Gortat & unprotected 1st (2013)

It helps Boston fill out their center spot & move KG back to center w/o having to worry about a center. And it gives Ray reassurances that he would be the STARTING 2 gaurd & get his usual minutes. Boston could pay Jeff Green & give Bass his money to go somewhere else. Gortat could be better than Chris Kaman & will give us good Defense & Rebounding while still giving a offensive punch. I could see Gortat averaging 12pts & 11rbs here. And the unprotected 1st could be in the lottery again top 5 as I think they will be a bad ballclub with Nash gone.

It helps the Suns as it gives them the 2 gaurd & possibly the PG they need going forward with Nash most likely leaving. Bass gives them a starting PF for 2-3yrs & Melo gives them a project big for the future the can be patient with & let him start & take his lumps from day 1. But clearly Bradley is the true catch here & he brings to Phoenix what they never had the last 10-15 yrs. DEFENSIVE MINDSET!

Re: A trade to make Ray come back & help us in 12-13
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

If u were Danny Ainge would you do this deal

Boston trades: Avery Bradley, Brandon Bass & Fab Melo

Phoenix trades: Marcin Gortat & unprotected 1st (2013)

It helps Boston fill out their center spot & move KG back to center w/o having to worry about a center. And it gives Ray reassurances that he would be the STARTING 2 gaurd & get his usual minutes. Boston could pay Jeff Green & give Bass his money to go somewhere else. Gortat could be better than Chris Kaman & will give us good Defense & Rebounding while still giving a offensive punch. I could see Gortat averaging 12pts & 11rbs here. And the unprotected 1st could be in the lottery again top 5 as I think they will be a bad ballclub with Nash gone.

It helps the Suns as it gives them the 2 gaurd & possibly the PG they need going forward with Nash most likely leaving. Bass gives them a starting PF for 2-3yrs & Melo gives them a project big for the future the can be patient with & let him start & take his lumps from day 1. But clearly Bradley is the true catch here & he brings to Phoenix what they never had the last 10-15 yrs. DEFENSIVE MINDSET!

AB ain't going anywhere, besides, Suns have said that they want Ray Allen, so package Ray Allen & Bass for Gortat and Shannon Brown and both teams are happy.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
I don't think Ray would go there without Nash back or maybe period unless Ray is clearly playing for his personal stats again & throwing championships to the wind. In a wide open Phoenix style game Ray would put up 20plus but I just can't see why he would do it at this stage of his career.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Don't know if there's a realistic way to get Gortat, but I'd love to have the Polish Hammer!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »

Offline WsAllDay

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
i for one am against sacrificing the future of the Celtics

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:06 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Bradley shouldn't go anywhere. Actually, he won't be going anywhere. We know that, and Danny won't do it as well. I love Ray, but Bradley is the future with Rondo. If he comes back, that's great, but if he doesn't or if he does with the expense of Bradley then no thank you.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
i for one am against sacrificing the future of the Celtics
I just think our future is now. Or until we get a can't miss lottery pick.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 10:45:48 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Celtics just signed Melo doesn't that mean we cannot offer him in any trades for a little while?

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 11:16:10 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'd rather keep Bradley. I think he's just scratching the surface.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 04:31:25 AM »

Offline Burkhardt5

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Definitely

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 06:46:34 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'd rather keep Bradley. I think he's just scratching the surface.

Me too.

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 06:57:45 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
No, no, no..
We trade Bradley to make RayRay come back? Jesus Christ..
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
That's a slam dunk trade for Boston.

Phoenix hangs up.

A true C that averages 15.4, 10 and 1.5 blocks a game.  And makes under 8 million a season.

I like Bradley and all, but this is a no brainer for the Celtics.