Author Topic: Who can we sign-and-trade Brandon Bass for?  (Read 8560 times)

Re: Who can we sign-and-trade Brandon Bass for?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Interesting targets:

Atlanta: Marvin Williams (if Jeff Green bolts), Zaza
Cleveland: Daniel Gibson (only one year on his deal, elite 3-point shooter, decent defender/ball-handler)
Dallas: Jason Terry
Denver: Al Harrington
Golden St.: Dorrell Wright or Brandon Rush
Lakers: Jordan Hill
Memphis: Speights or Arthur
Miami: Haslem
Milwaukee: Kwame or Ersan Ilyasova
Minny: Beasley
Nets: Humphries
NO: Landry, Belinelli or Jarret Jack
San Antonio: Danny Green (do they have his bird rights?)
Toronto: Amir Johnson

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Josh Smith

Bass 7 mil s&t
Bradley 1.6 mil
Sasha 2.7 mil s&t
JJJ or future 1st (their choice)

Proposed Johnson to nets trade

Morrow,farmar,petro,Williams or stevenson s&t AND a 2013 1st

Those plus Bass,Bradley , JJJ or 1st is good for rebuildibg the hawks, keeping teague and horford.

Be shocked if we decided to move Bradley. I think a combination of Bass, (Maybe Pietrus if they lose Johnson), Jajuan Johnson, Maybe Krstic, and some future picks and cash would be what we offer.

I think the only way we for sure get Smith is if he specifically says he wants to come to Boston.

Can't S&T Krstic. Didn't finish the year on the roster.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 12:44:32 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
In terms of matching salary, they can definitely get J. Smith from ATL for Bass + AB and filler. They also have the option of overpaying Bass slightly to make salaries match and sending ATL cash to make up for it.

Moore, JJJ, Sean Williams, AB = ~ 4.4 in salary - JJJ & Moore are on one year deals, and Sean Williams is not guaranteed.

Bass at 8m plus AB at filler can bring back about ~15.35m in salary.

If you take out AB, Bass and Filler can bring back about ~13.6m in salary.

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Would Bass, Bradley and a first be enough for Paul Milsap? Really don't want to trade Avery, but would have to do that.

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
Bass cant be on this team next year.  Please DA sign and trade him or just let him walk.  I am sick of seeing our 4 and 5 taking jump shots over and over!

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Bass cant be on this team next year.  Please DA sign and trade him or just let him walk.  I am sick of seeing our 4 and 5 taking jump shots over and over!

With KG back (assuming he wants less 5 spot minutes), our starting 4 will be a jump shooter with limited banging down low time. Only way he stays for three years or even two.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

I think if you want to get the best out of Rondo and KG, having a 4 or 5 who takes jumpers is the way to go.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27

I think if you want to get the best out of Rondo and KG, having a 4 or 5 who takes jumpers is the way to go.
It's bad basketball especially in the playoffs.  This is why this team goes into offensive droughts.  Jump shots come and go and you dont get to the line which means you can't stem runs.  I hate their offense when they play that way.

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Bass cant be on this team next year.  Please DA sign and trade him or just let him walk.  I am sick of seeing our 4 and 5 taking jump shots over and over!

It's bad basketball especially in the playoffs.  This is why this team goes into offensive droughts.  Jump shots come and go and you dont get to the line which means you can't stem runs.  I hate their offense when they play that way.

As much praise as Bass got for having a few really good games, overall I thought he was a big problem for the offense in the playoffs. He was pretty consistently missing some really open looks. If you could get someone like Antawn Jamison who'd convert those looks you'd be pretty well off.

I think the scoring droughts have more to do with the lack of personnel who can create their own shot. Pierce can, and Rondo certainly got better at recognizing when he needed to score, but outside of that we have a lot of guys who rely, really on Rondo, to get them the ball where and when they need it for catch and shoots/dunks.

EDIT: That's kinda why I keep trying to think of ways to get Milsap. Good jump shooter, but is capable in the post and can create his own shot. Offensively, a perfect fit for this team.

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
What about Kirk Hinrich?  He would be nice coming off the bench.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
when s&t bass if he gets a raise of more than %20 then his outgoing salary will only count what his previous salary was (4.25 mill) therefore you have to include ray in any deal for smith ($13 mill) for salaries to match
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:36:30 PM by goCeltics »

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 01:15:18 AM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
Jason Thompson?
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 02:18:44 AM »

Offline Professor of Rondology

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 19
How do I delete a post? I modified it but then somehow posted it again?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:37:52 AM by Professor of Rondology »

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 02:33:42 AM »

Offline Professor of Rondology

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 19

It's bad basketball especially in the playoffs.  This is why this team goes into offensive droughts.  Jump shots come and go and you dont get to the line which means you can't stem runs.  I hate their offense when they play that way.
Most of our offense last year was people making open jump shots that were created for them by Rondo (either assisted by Rondo or through ball movement that began with Rondo).  Everyone was quick to hand credit [for our mid-season resurgence] to KG's play at the 5 spot but I think a major reason why that move ended up being so successful was that Rondo was given not one but two big men who could step back and knock down jumpers when their men were forced to play help D (or whomever we iso'd/ran a play for). 
KG has been primarily a jump shooter from day 1 with the Cs, and he's relied on the fall-away more and more as he's gotten older.
Ray is also pretty much only a jump shooter- it's pretty much been that way since he got here. 
They are what they are- and it's a [dang] good thing we have a brilliant PG who creates countless open jumpers for them every single game.

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 04:50:29 PM »

Offline Celtics34

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
We have some cap space so a sign an trade of bass to ATL or a 3rd team for a different player along with allen to another team for another player to ATL would work no dought.

Only way Im happy with not getting a C an letting KG play there is with Smith at the 4.