Author Topic: Who can we sign-and-trade Brandon Bass for?  (Read 8563 times)

Who can we sign-and-trade Brandon Bass for?
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:58 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'd like to see the Cs sign-and-trade Bass for a player on a short contract instead of paying him for more than 2 years. Interested in folks' ideas.

Mine:

To the Nuggets for Corey Brewer. It'd limit Bass' payday to about $4mil in the first season, but if he could get that over -- say -- 4 years, he might take it (in the current cap era). Denver needs help at the 4.

Others? How about to Dallas for J Terry? He has history there...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Who can we sign-and-trade Brandon Bass for?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I strongly believe Bass will be signed & traded. Don't know for who though, I think a lot is hinging on Ray Allen and whether or not we'll need to target an SG.

My hope though (albeit far fetched), is some type of a package deal for Josh Smith. That type of super athletic four is the missing piece that can push us past Miami.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:39:34 AM »

Offline florida dodger

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
I strongly believe Bass will be signed & traded. Don't know for who though, I think a lot is hinging on Ray Allen and whether or not we'll need to target an SG.

My hope though (albeit far fetched), is some type of a package deal for Josh Smith. That type of super athletic four is the missing piece that can push us past Miami.

My belief or hope is:

Kaman or Beasley.

I would say Josh smith also except I don't think salaries wold match; it would have to be a package centered around Bass.

Beasley seems very realistic though.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

My belief or hope is:

Kaman or Beasley.

I would say Josh smith also except I don't think salaries wold match; it would have to be a package centered around Bass.

Beasley seems very realistic though.

smith and beasley -- a couple of dim, overrated chuckers who don't 'get it'. pass.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Josh Smith

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
I'd take a flier on Beasley for Bass, I wouldn't mind that at all actually. From all indications, he's a good kid. It'd just depend on his contract demands.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
josh smith makes 12.5mil. sorta hoping some more realistic targets might get added to this thread.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
josh smith makes 12.5mil. sorta hoping some more realistic targets might get added to this thread.

He also has a trade kicker to push him up towards $15 million.  However, a combination of Bass and Ray (perhaps going to different teams) could work in a sign and trade for Smith.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:55:42 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'd like to see the Cs sign-and-trade Bass for a player on a short contract instead of paying him for more than 2 years. Interested in folks' ideas.

Mine:

To the Nuggets for Corey Brewer. It'd limit Bass' payday to about $4mil in the first season, but if he could get that over -- say -- 4 years, he might take it (in the current cap era). Denver needs help at the 4.

Why would Bass do this?  H ewants more than $4 millionper year and according to reports he will get it.  The sign and trade only makes sense for him if A.  He gets more money doing it and B.  He wants to go to the team we do the trade with and C.  That team has someone we want...

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

He also has a trade kicker to push him up towards $15 million.  However, a combination of Bass and Ray (perhaps going to different teams) could work in a sign and trade for Smith.

why would ray want to play in ATL without Josh Smith?  why would he want to play there -- period?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 11:00:42 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Mine:

Why would Bass do this?  H ewants more than $4 millionper year and according to reports he will get it.  The sign and trade only makes sense for him if A.  He gets more money doing it and B.  He wants to go to the team we do the trade with and C.  That team has someone we want...

I don't see Bass getting a contract in the range of what Big Baby got. Agreed -- price could be too low, but i don't think it's far off. I'd certainly not pay Bass much more, though maybe some team is silly enough to (ala Baby).

Denver's a nice young team -- not saying he'd want to go there, but whose to say he doesn't. They have lots of minutes available at the 4.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 11:04:52 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

why would ray want to play in ATL without Josh Smith?  why would he want to play there -- period?

Third team. 

Let's say its Miami.  Ray goes to Miami for Chalmers.  Chalmers and Bass go to Atlanta, along with some draft picks, and Smith comes back to Boston.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 11:07:32 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Josh Smith

Bass 7 mil s&t
Bradley 1.6 mil
Sasha 2.7 mil s&t
JJJ or future 1st (their choice)

Proposed Johnson to nets trade

Morrow,farmar,petro,Williams or stevenson s&t AND a 2013 1st

Those plus Bass,Bradley , JJJ or 1st is good for rebuildibg the hawks, keeping teague and horford.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well I prefer Josh Smith too.

Another team could be Utah, they have a lot of bigs that are due new contracts. Millsap?

I'd hate to trade Bass for a guard (they seem so much easier to get) when are biggest weakness is rebounding.

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Josh Smith

Bass 7 mil s&t
Bradley 1.6 mil
Sasha 2.7 mil s&t
JJJ or future 1st (their choice)

Proposed Johnson to nets trade

Morrow,farmar,petro,Williams or stevenson s&t AND a 2013 1st

Those plus Bass,Bradley , JJJ or 1st is good for rebuildibg the hawks, keeping teague and horford.

Be shocked if we decided to move Bradley. I think a combination of Bass, (Maybe Pietrus if they lose Johnson), Jajuan Johnson, Maybe Krstic, and some future picks and cash would be what we offer.

I think the only way we for sure get Smith is if he specifically says he wants to come to Boston.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14