Author Topic: Royce White Stats VS other High Potential picks in this years draft = impressive  (Read 7513 times)

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's interesting that Chad Ford, the source of this rumor, projects White to play SF in the NBA.

A 270 pound SF?  Really?
When you watch the highlights though, he plays like a small forward. I can get excited about this kid.

White weighed in at 261 at the combine - How much does Lebron weigh? Lol, not that I'm saying White is Lebron-like, but he is athletic and has quick feet. Its possible he can play SF convincingly.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It's interesting that Chad Ford, the source of this rumor, projects White to play SF in the NBA.

A 270 pound SF?  Really?

Per FECT o ....Bron weights 265 , we need a young , STRONG , guy to match up with LBJ....this just might be the guy to match LBJ and make him work his tail off.  As bron closes in on 30 , kids like this can make it really hard on him. ASk Wade.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I also like what White could bring when playing next to KG.  He has the bulk to bang against bigger big men like Baby used to do, giving KG a break at times. 

That could be a pseudo compromise for KG on the whole 4/5 debate. 

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't follow college ball.  My opinion is irrelevant.  So here it is:

I watched a bunch of clips of him and read about him yesterday.  Of course, highlight clips only show highlights... so I've never put much stock into them.  A highlight reel of Brian Scalabrine could make him look like Larry Bird.  I never really know what I'm looking at.  

... but that kid looks pretty darn skilled.  6'8 with a 7 foot wingspan and he SEEMS to have exception ball handling and passing ability... seems to have solid footwork and ability to score around the basket.  Seems to have good rebounding ability.  Interesting player.

But I think I'll leave the talks about rookies to people who actually know what they are talking about.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

A 270 pound SF?  Really?

Per FECT o ....Bron weights 265 , we need a young , STRONG , guy to match up with LBJ....this just might be the guy to match LBJ and make him work his tail off.  As bron closes in on 30 , kids like this can make it really hard on him. ASk Wade.

I always saw LBJ listed at 250 but the internet says his "REAL" weight is closer to 270.  I stand corrected

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46

Well as long as you found it on the internet it must be accurate. lol

I would put his weight around 245 250 max. His legs are to thin for him to weigh 270. Hes solid but hes not a tank. No way he weighs more than barkley did in his prime.

A 270 pound SF?  Really?

I always saw LBJ listed at 250 but the internet says his "REAL" weight is closer to 270.  I stand corrected
blind optimist or GENIUS