Author Topic: Lebron has won my respect.  (Read 37673 times)

Re: Lebron has won my respect.
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2012, 07:56:45 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Never thought I'd see this sickly hero worship of LeBron James from Celtics fans... :o
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Never thought I'd see this sickly hero worship of LeBron James from Celtics fans... :o
Hey. There are lovers out there. What can I say?

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I must have missed the hero worshiping part. 

I see posters appreciating the his play on the court in this playoffs.

And I see poster comparing him to Hitler and saying he faked injuries. 

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2012, 08:02:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Who compared Lebron to Hitler and said he faked injuries? By the way. Is he injured?

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
You know who I respect? Players that get their houses burned down and still continue to play hard(Reggie Miller), people that get stabbed 10 times and return to the basketball court with even more grind(PP), people who grew up in a small little town, with modest people around, and had to prove himself every day(KG, Rodman), people that dedicate their life and body to what means to be a true professional(Ray), people that step on the court and even though undersized(Iverson, Nate R), give you their best everyday, people that play hurt, and i don;t mean cramp hurt. I mean like HURT, like knee sprain, broken hand, dislocated elbow, bone spurs, bad knees, bad wrists, bad toes, etc.

I don't respect someone because someone comes and says:"he is the best off all times". I dont root for someone just because some people drool just at their presence. I wanna see people that do more that i see them doing. I wanna see them dive on the floor, get loose balls and fall in the stands over 4 chairs, i wanna see them grind through blood sweat tears. I dont want to see some steroid jock having favorable calls, and being crushed and praised by the media. I do NOT care about that, NOR do i respect it.
You know who I respect? People who change their approach to the game and want to win so badly they are willing to leave their home town team, and become one of the most hated people in the world and is ridiculed when ever his name comes up. I respect players that have a permanent scar from all of the hatred they get because of a couple things that were arrogant about some years ago (James).

"Lebron has won my respect." = Sickly hero worship?
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton

And I see people referring to him as 'King James'. As a one-eyed Celtics fan, that's close enough to hero worship for me! ;)
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Who compared Lebron to Hitler and said he faked injuries? By the way. Is he injured?

Also those small countries that allied with Hitler even though he didn't need them. Hungary and Mussolini. They played a good game. They fought hard. They totally won my respect.

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

And I see people referring to him as 'King James'. As a one-eyed Celtics fan, that's close enough to hero worship for me! ;)

Yeah, calling him by his nickname is hero worship.

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2012, 08:22:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
You know who I respect? Players that get their houses burned down and still continue to play hard(Reggie Miller), people that get stabbed 10 times and return to the basketball court with even more grind(PP), people who grew up in a small little town, with modest people around, and had to prove himself every day(KG, Rodman), people that dedicate their life and body to what means to be a true professional(Ray), people that step on the court and even though undersized(Iverson, Nate R), give you their best everyday, people that play hurt, and i don;t mean cramp hurt. I mean like HURT, like knee sprain, broken hand, dislocated elbow, bone spurs, bad knees, bad wrists, bad toes, etc.

I don't respect someone because someone comes and says:"he is the best off all times". I dont root for someone just because some people drool just at their presence. I wanna see people that do more that i see them doing. I wanna see them dive on the floor, get loose balls and fall in the stands over 4 chairs, i wanna see them grind through blood sweat tears. I dont want to see some steroid jock having favorable calls, and being crushed and praised by the media. I do NOT care about that, NOR do i respect it.
You know who I respect? People who change their approach to the game and want to win so badly they are willing to leave their home town team, and become one of the most hated people in the world and is ridiculed when ever his name comes up. I respect players that have a permanent scar from all of the hatred they get because of a couple things that were arrogant about some years ago (James).

LeBron didn't have the slightest idea that his popularity would tumble after "the decision".

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2012, 08:29:12 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton

Well it's not something I've come to expect from die-hard Celtics fans. Like I said, as a one-eyed Celtics fan I dislike 99% of opposing teams' players, especially the best ones.

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Well it's not something I've come to expect from die-hard Celtics fans. Like I said, as a one-eyed Celtics fan I dislike 99% of opposing teams' players, especially the best ones.

Yes because they never call a guy something that other NBA fans, media, advertising and other players have called him. 

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Also those small countries that allied with Hitler even though he didn't need them. Hungary and Mussolini. They played a good game. They fought hard. They totally won my respect.
well that's comparing him to Mussolini. It would make D Wade Hitler.  The only immediate comparison between Hitler and D Wade I can think of is they both gave their wives STDs I think.

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton

Yes because they never call a guy something that other NBA fans, media, advertising and other players have called him. 

Not when the 'nickname' is so overly flattering. Don't hear many die-hard fans of other teams calling Paul Pierce 'The Truth'.

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Not when the 'nickname' is so overly flattering. Don't hear many die-hard fans of other teams calling Paul Pierce 'The Truth'.

I have.  Especially when Pierce does something really good. 

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2012, 08:42:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

"Lebron has won my respect." = Sickly hero worship?
Same deal with Benedict Arnold. Guy doesn't get his due. He just wanted to win real bad. Changed his game from hit and run tactics to the battlefield tactics of his day and switched to Britain despite all the hatred and ridicule it would bring.  Haters gonna hate.