Author Topic: Baby gets nostalgic  (Read 7581 times)

Baby gets nostalgic
« on: June 19, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
SLAM: Was it tough to watch the Boston-Miami series, considering how integral you were to those Celtics teams as recently as a year ago?

GD: Yeah, I went to two games. I went to go check it out. It was touching, I ain’t gonna lie, it was touching. Just to see those guys battling. I’m one of the last guys from the last nine guys on that 2008 team that won—I was the last guy of the role players to leave. [dang], that’s crazy. Of all the role players on that team I was the last one. It was tough knowing that if I hadn’t have gotten traded, I would have still been there. I’d have been that guy, starting, and helping our team win a Championship. I think the reason I’m glad I went was that now I’m finally at peace. Like OK, I’m not a Celtic anymore. Just to see all those guys, and it being their last game playing together. James Posey was there, too. He was on that 2008 team when we won it. He was at that game. He was probably understanding just like me. And just seeing that team leave. Eddie House probably felt the same way watching the game, PJ Brown probably felt the same way, Sam Cassell—you know all the guys that played and were on that Championship team, to see the core of those guys gone, it’s deep. That’s why Doc was so emotional after the game.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/06/qa-glen-davis-orlando-magic-big-baby/

Re: Baby gets nostalgic
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 04:32:35 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Wow, Baby seems pretty convinced that the was the last of the Big 3.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 04:33:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Seems pretty delusional about his own skill level, and his impact on the team as well.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 04:46:36 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Seems pretty delusional about his own skill level, and his impact on the team as well.

I though that went without saying!
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I'd be happy to have him back. I think Baby has become underrated at this point.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

what are you guys talking about Baby would have been THAT guy

;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Oh, Baby, you... you got what I need...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbH3bAvTYjg

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 05:43:55 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
yeah how dare he for feeling like he was a part of the team that won the championship?  how dare he for commenting on what a special team that was?  tsk.. tsk...

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

When/if LeBron James wins his first ring, a player like Adam Morrison will still have one more ring to show off  ;D And Baby'll have the same amount of rings as James. A lot of guys do. Sam Cassell's got three of 'em. Point being: You' okay, Baby, you' ok. If you were a part of that team (and that goes for anybody) you deserved to bask in the light of sun known as victory.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
yeah how dare he for feeling like he was a part of the team that won the championship?  how dare he for commenting on what a special team that was?  tsk.. tsk...

I'm with you on this.  I'm not a pro or anti-BBD guy but I thought his words seemed genuine -- the guy's a basketball player, not Walt Whitman.  What he had to say i thought showed deference to the team, to the championship and I don't think overstated his role (referred to self as role player) at all.   

Even if he had been a little self-aggrandizing, I'd forgive him because the sentiment of his message was one of respect for the team and for its accomplishments.

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I think he's right, he would have started by the year's end if he were still here.  But that's kind of a slam to say they'd have won it if only he were out there instead of Bass.

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

I think he's right, he would have started by the year's end if he were still here.  But that's kind of a slam to say they'd have won it if only he were out there instead of Bass.

But he was putting up some insane numbers. Although I have no idea how since I did not watch the series.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 09:21:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

That was what my comments as getting at. The implication that with him instead of Bass, he would've been the difference. Same old Baby, do/say something good, then something self-indulgent to taint it.

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

I guess you diddnt watch him go 20 and 10 for the last month of the season and playoffs for the Magic.

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 10:29:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I guess you diddnt watch him go 20 and 10 for the last month of the season and playoffs for the Magic.

8.7 rebounds per 36 minutes on a team that lost its best rebounder, 44% shooting from the field while playing center (terrible), And 19 points playing 38 minutes a night.

Not world beating numbers, especially when you consider he only played 5 games.

I know Glen Davis as a player, I've watched as much of him as anyone who didn't watch Orlando games on league pass, plus all the clerics games from 2008 on. Good spots, bad spots.