Author Topic: 2012 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 187090 times)

Re: 2012 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #945 on: June 29, 2012, 12:56:55 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I am absolutely delighted with the draft.

Sullinger is a fantastic get. I think he'll love playing alongside Rondo and Garnett next season and be incredibly productive (for a fourth/fifth option guy). I could see him either being the starting PF or the sixth man. Very excited about his addition.

Not sure what to make of Fab Melo. I liked what I heard about him initially but I have read so many differing reports on him on this site that I am no longer certain what he is. Another Stiemsma type? Or a Perk-like project?

I don't give a [dang] about the late second round pick. Meaningless.

Absolutely delighted with Sullinger. Terrific day's work.

to add, Kris Joseph was a top 15 pick last year... Danny did his hw. Good draft

« Reply #946 on: June 29, 2012, 01:44:46 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Several hours later I've gotten over the dissapointment. It's not that I hate our picks it's just that I got to attached to a few guys that we passed on(PJII, Q.Miller, and Moultrie mainly to be exact). I'm not completely confident we went with BPA which is what annoys me, hopefully I turn out to be wrong.

« Reply #947 on: June 29, 2012, 02:11:14 AM »

Offline Lefty5790

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Ainge got hired in 2003 and in his first draft his first rounders were Troy Bell and Dahntay Jones, whom he traded to Memphis for Marcus Banks. Not a good first round draft but it was his first year here so I'll cut him some slack. After that draft here's what he's done in the first round:

2004: Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Tony Allen
2005: Gerald Green
2006: Randy Foye, traded to Minnesota in deal to acquire Rondo
2007: Jeff Green, traded to Seattle to acquire Ray Allen
2008: J.R. Giddens
2009: No picks
2010: Avery Bradley
2011: MarShon Brooks, traded to New Jersey to acquire JJJ

JJJ has not had the opportunity to prove himself yet so it's hard to judge that pick. The only picks that did not provide our team or another team with any valuable production were J.R. Giddens and Gerald Green. And to be fair, J.R. Giddens was drafted at #30 the year after we won the title. Drafting successfully at #30 is like a crap shoot. Every other first round pick was #25 or better. I'm not a huge fan of our first round picks this year just because both of them are gambles. I would have liked to use one of the picks on a safer option. However, you can't deny Danny has drafted relatively successfully so I'm optimistic about the picks in a sense. It'll be fun to watch Sullinger and Melo develop, hopefully.

« Reply #948 on: June 29, 2012, 02:12:36 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm pretty stoked about our three picks.

I think Jared Sullinger could be what Glen Davis should be if he wasn't such a pudding head.  

I can't tell about Melo.  He's definitely a risk, but I think one worth taking.  So he doesn't speak English too good or do so good in school?  That's not what he's hired for.  

I was kind of high on Jeffrey Taylor in the first round.  Danny passed on him and took Kris Joseph late in the second instead.  Nice move.  

If Perry Jones III becomes the next T-Mac, I'll be kinda bummed, though.  The truth is that too many people may have passed on him, which kinda makes me want to root for him, even if he is a Thunder.  

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #949 on: June 29, 2012, 02:13:39 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I was teaching while the draft was happening. Found out we drafted Sullinger and me and a kid in my class who goes for the celtics were high fiving each other

« Reply #950 on: June 29, 2012, 02:18:18 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
so my picks would have been sullinger, moultrie and aledimir. I on record.