Author Topic: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9  (Read 159988 times)

Re: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
The HEAT's real GM board already has a looking forward to Game 1 thread...

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1186163

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!

I also want to know how many of their "fans" can name the starting five off their championship team...

lol to be fair the other posters are very mad that he posted that

Haha someone tweet that thread to Piece! Can only help...I do agree it was probably someone on the C's Real GM board screwing around

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report

Joe Crawford

Playoff games as lead official - 12

Home team win % - 75%

43.9 fouls called per game

51.4% of fouls called on road team

1.3 technicals called per game

Over more than three decades in the NBA, Joe Crawford has officiated 2,402 regular season and 278 playoff games, including 46 NBA Finals games. Crawford’s 278 playoff and 46 NBA Finals games are the most among active NBA officials. Over his career, Crawford has officiated the 1986, 1992 and 2000 NBA All-Star Games, as well as the 1993 McDonald’s Championship in Munich, Germany. There is no shortage of controversy surrounding Joey Crawford, the biggest of which was a suspension for tossing Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench and then challenging him to a fight. He is known for his quickness to call technical fouls but also doesn't tend to be influenced by the home crowd as much as many younger refs seem to be. In the 2008 Playoffs, Crawford was chosen to officiate Game 4 of the Western Conference final between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers. In the closing seconds of the game, there was a no-call where the Spurs' Brent Barry was unquestionably fouled by Derek Fisher. Crawford was the closest official to the call, and the NBA later apologized for the lack of a call. Crawford was also one of the refs who was involved in the income tax evasion convictions and was suspended at that time as well. This is the Celtics 8th game with Crawford this season. He officiated the Christmas day loss to the Knicks, third Wizards game, and the win over the Cavs, and the April 1 game vs the Heat, all of which were well officiated. He also called the Lakers game in LA where the Celtics shot 12 free throws to 26 for the Lakers and they let the Lakers get away with a lot of contact the entire game and the Celtics not so much. He called game 4 vs the Hawks where the Celtics shot 13 free throws to 17 for the Celtics and the refs pretty much let them play. He also called game 6 of the Philly series where the Celtics shot 23 free throws to 28 for the Sixers and the officials called it fairly. The last game he called this season is game 4 in this Miami series in which the Celtics shot 20 free throws to 24 for the Heat. Crawford also called the 6th foul on LeBron James in this game, causing his first disqualification since 2006. The Celtics are 5-3 this season and 6-4 in their last 10 games with Crawford. The Heat are 2-4 this season and 4-6 in their last 10 with Crawford. His home W/L record this season is 33-28 and he's not easily influenced by the home crowd.

Mike Callahan

6 playoff games as crew official

Home team win % of 50%

45.8 fouls called per game

49.5 of the fouls are called on the road team

0.7 technicals called per game

A veteran of 21 NBA seasons, Mike Callahan has officiated 1,265 regular season and 110 playoff games and 11 NBA Finals games. He was a member of the crew that officiated the 2007 NBA All-Star Game, 1994 Mexico Challenge and the 1996 Schick Rookie Game. Prior to joining the NBA, Callahan spent three years officiating in the CBA, including the 1989 and 1990 CBA Finals. A member of the Cardinal O’Hara High School basketball team for four years, Callahan also coached the freshman basketball team after graduating. Callahan has run a clinic for referees called “Hoops4Heros” that benefits local fire departments and maintains strong ties to the Philadelphia community through his volunteer work with the Don Guanella School for developmentally disabled boys. Callahan is one of 4 refs to come out of Cardinal O'Hara High School in Pennsylvania. The other 3 are Joey Crawford, Ed Malloy and Tim Donaghy. Callahan was one of the referees mentioned in an incident in Tim Donaghy's book. He and other refs would regularly wager with their fellow refs over things like who would call the first foul, who could give out the first tech, etc. Makes you wonder what game they might be playing tonight. The Celtics are 9-1 over their last 10 games with Callahan officiating. They are 5-1 this season, including one preseason game against Toronto where the Raptors shot 36 free throws to 34 for the Celtics. Another win was against Detroit where the Celtics shot 19 free throws to 15 for the Pistons. The third win was Game 3 in this series vs Philly where the Celtics shot 28 free throws to 22 for the Sixers. He also called the loss in game 1 of the Hawks series where the Celtics shot 13 free throws to 21 for the Hawks and the officiating was terrible with several obvious bad calls, most of which were made by Marc Davis, who was the head ref for that game. Another game he officiated was Game 7 vs Philly where the Celtics shot 22 free throws to 20 for the Sixers. His last game with the Celtics was game 3 of this series where both teams shot 24 free throws and the officiating was good. the Celtics are 7-3 over their last 10 with Callahan. The Heat are 5-2 this season and 7-3 over their last 10 with Callahan on the court. He usually lets the teams play and isn't a tyrant with the whistle. He isn't easily influenced by the home crowd with a home W/L record this season of 31-29.

Scott Foster

12 playoff games as lead official (none as crew)

Home team win % of 58.3%

46.2 fouls called per game

52.5% of the fouls are called on the road team

2.4 technicals called per game

A veteran official of 17 NBA seasons, Scott Foster has worked 1,074 regular season and 80 playoff games, including seven Finals games during his career. He was a member of the crew that officiated the 1996 Europe Tour in Berlin, Germany and Seville, Spain. In addition to his NBA experience, Foster has two years of CBA officiating experience, two years of collegiate officiating experience and six years of high school officiating experience in Maryland. Prior to becoming an official, Foster modeled for department store mannequin mold makers. He came into the public eye as the best friend of former referee Tim Donaghy. In his book, Donaghy describes Foster as a very honest and good guy who knew nothing of his gambling. However, recently Donaghy described Foster as a company man who will do what is asked of him to keep his seniority among refs. The Celtics are 5-3 this season and 6-4 in their last 10 games with Foster on the court. In the OT win over the Knicks, NY shot 26 free throws to 22 for the Celtics. In the first loss, at New Orleans, the Celtics shot 18 free throws to 25 for the Hornets. The second loss, at Denver, was horribly officiated. At the end of 3 quarters, the Nuggets had 22 free throws to 5 for the Celtics. They ignored fouls against the Celtics all game but at the same time, called them for ticky tack and non-existent fouls. For the game, the Nuggets shot 31 free throws to 17 for the Celtics. The 4th game was against Miami and was called evenly with the Celtics shooting 25 free throws to 27 for the Heat. The next game was a win over the Bucks where they shot 23 free throws to 11 for the Celtics. Foster also called game 2 in Atlanta where the Celtics shot 31 free throws to 20 for the Hawks. Foster also called game 4 of the Philly series where the Celtics shot 19 free throws to 36 for the Sixers. His last game for the Celtics was game 3 of this series where both teams shot 24 free throws and the officiating was good. The Heat are 4-2 this season and 7-3 with Foster in their last 10 games. His home W/L record this season is 36-26.

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Yup

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123

Redz, that's truly beautiful!!!

Top marks. Ron-dough is the winner!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2012, 05:32:20 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2012, 05:40:49 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
honestly, the real Key tonight is to keep the game close/lead if we can going into the fourth quarter.

the Heat are the ultimate front-running team in the league...if you spot them a big lead like we did last game, Lebron will stay agressive and theyll most likely win.

you keep the game close like we did in game 5 in Miami and then Lebron/wade get frustrated and Lebron stops being agressive and thinking too much...he scored 2points in the last 8minutes of that game.

if we can hang with Miami for 3 1/2 quarters i like our chances going into the last 5minutes of the game.

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
The Heat won game 1
The refs won game 2 (44 Mr Rondo)
The Celtics won game 3
The Celtics won game 4
The Celtics won Game 5
The Celtics lost Game 6

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. this guy

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. this guy

Like Cman88 just said .. keep it close and it's Bostons ..

Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If someone would have told me we would have a game 7 in Miami to get to the finals before the season started, I would have been overjoyed!

Our team is filled with more prideful, talented veterans than any other. They will rise up to the occasion and shock the world in Miami in just a few hours. We will not only have to beat the Heat tonight, but rather, the league officiating as well. despite these obstacles, it can, and will be done....Doc will outcoach Mr. GQ..Rondo will have a game tonight that will make him a legend....KG and his passion will not be denied...PP will stay in the background until we need him most near the end...Ray Ray will find his shot and  Bass will become a hungry shark tonight....

Get ready to be awe-inspired, blown away, and filled with the euphoria of winning a game nobody thinks or wants us to win. I am jumping out of my skin waiting for tip off.

Prediction...Celtics 88, Heat 84....Go Celtics..Shock The World and on to Oklahoma we go!!

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Redz, that's truly beautiful!!!

Top marks. Ron-dough is the winner!

Had to dig deep for that one  ;)
Yup

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

sorry but i be lost on this one. enlighten me please.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »

Offline InfiniteMH

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2012, 06:44:27 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
UBUNTU!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
TP, FL!

BOS - no matter what, I'll STILL be a fan until God takes me home.

Until then let's spoil MIA's party!

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2012, 06:47:39 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown

sorry but i be lost on this one. enlighten me please.

A Bass
A Pierce(ing)
An Allen (wrench)
A Garnet(t)
A Ron(Howard) Do(ugh)

Did I ruin it for everyone else?

Bruce Willis is a ghost?

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2012, 07:02:40 PM »

Offline ShermansShoes

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4