Author Topic: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9  (Read 160409 times)

Re: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Should be a great game. Looking forward to this.

Agreed.  I'm nervous about the Cs and wish they'd closed them out in 6, but games like this are the reason I love watching basketball. 

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
man Joey Crawford reffing tonight smh

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
There are 3 factors that will make us win this game 7. out of which at least 2 has to be met in order to win.

1- Non controversial refereeing

2- getting stops

3- Execution on offense, NO offensive droughts

* If we can get stops and execute smoothe offense like Rondo always says in interviews when asked why are we playing well. it's simple GET STOPS ! and execute the offense, referees can suck it..doesn't matter what they do we'll blow them out.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Should be a great game. Looking forward to this.

Yep.  I just hope the Celts bring their A game tonight.  Win or lose.
Yup

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I think this could be a totally different game than 5.  Whereas in that one, they needed to take the body blows and just hang around till they got some momentum going, I think in this one, they need to get ahead early...because doing that will start to put pressure on the Heat.  Don't see it affecting LeBron, but I do see it affecting their role guys.   If the Celts can get them to tighten up and start playing tentative, they'll win.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
The Celtics are 3-0 vs. the Heat when I watch the games and 0-3 when I don't watch. Seriously. I need to watch...

TP. Go Celtics!

PS. Congrats on 1600, FL, though it should be more. Way to go!
Thanks for the congrats ACL... And seriously,  you better be watching tonight!  We need you!!

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I think this could be a totally different game than 5.  Whereas in that one, they needed to take the body blows and just hang around till they got some momentum going, I think in this one, they need to get ahead early...because doing that will start to put pressure on the Heat.  Don't see it affecting LeBron, but I do see it affecting their role guys.   If the Celts can get them to tighten up and start playing tentative, they'll win.

Same as last game.

Though it appeared it was the Celts who came out tight.

for all of attention Pierce got for his poor shooting in game 6. KG was nearly as bad with the outside game.  Really need to get KG going.  He's the key.
Yup

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Celtics are going to win this one. That's the truth and you can't handle the truth ;)

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Same as last game.

Though it appeared it was the Celts who came out tight.

for all of attention Pierce got for his poor shooting in game 6. KG was nearly as bad with the outside game.  Really need to get KG going.  He's the key.
If that's the case then I feel pretty good about the game. He'll come to play.  Never felt great about Game 6 because they came in having beaten Miami 3 in a row and given their history in this year's playoffs, odds were against a great effort.  The other thing that makes me optimistic is Pierce is really due to have a big game...

I think the C's are going to win this...and then get smoked in Game 1 of the finals... ;)

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

Offline BRC-14

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Super excited for this game! In the words of Bart Scott, "Can't wait!".

Also, this playoff run has been one of my favorites for many reasons: one being that because of the Celtics, my girlfriend who never watched basketball before in her life, is now rooting for the Celtics and is a closet Celtics fan (won't admit it since she's an Ohioan but knows almost every player by name, accepted and wears a Rondo jersey, and is sad that she can't catch the game tonight being out of town) and two, the Celtics Big Three last hurrah's as it seems is playing out so nicely. We need that Game 7 push, and win or lose, these guys played their hearts out and I can't be prouder to say that I'm a Celtics fan! I hope tonight isn't the last game of the season for us but I wouldn't spend tonight any other way...

Also, we're 2-0 when my girlfriend doesn't watch the games with me. (Just saying)  ;)
Take me where the Boston Celtics fans roam free without judgment from my enemies.

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 12:15:04 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
everyones already pretty much anointed the heat as winners of this game, but I honestly like the C's chances

pierce played probably the worst playoff game of his career, and kg was pretty horrible offensively as well.

KG has RARELY had 2 bad games strung together this post-season...if Pierce/Allen can put up better performances and we can take care of the ball i like our chances here.

I dont think its going to be a "drubbing" like the media thinks.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 12:44:53 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
man Joey Crawford reffing tonight smh
is he the one who hit us with all those ts in game one? to be fair if I remember a recent game that he reffed for us actually wasn't that bad
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »

Offline CantBeRight

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...BUT 17
Let's turn back the clocks to 2008.
I BELIEVE LET'S GO CELTICS BEAT THE HEAT
Celtics fan in Houston.

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 01:30:32 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Well, let's not dwell on the games that are now in the past. Let's focus on the game in front of us. The Celtics can win this game. It isn't even a question of if they can do it, they can, and I'm pretty [dang] confident that they'll indeed get it done.

I'm so [dang] proud of this team and they deserve to be in the Finals.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
As Doc always says, it's a make or miss league, so we'll have to see who is making or missing tonight. 

The one thing that I can take some comfort in from last game, is that even with the sloppy turnovers and mediocre defense, the exact same game could play out and the Cetlics could win if everyone's shooting averages went back to normal. 

Could LeBron go off again?  Yes.  But it's very unlikely that he can do it with such efficiency again.  He's not a great shooter. 

But will the Celtics actually hit the wide open jumpers the Heat give them?