Author Topic: Music - looking for advice on new bands  (Read 1804 times)

Music - looking for advice on new bands
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
hey guys,

Some of you know, some do not, but I am an entertainment and media lawyer based out of Santa Monica, California.  I have worked in Hollywood for over a decade.

My current practice works with online start ups including video game companies who are trying to get released on multiple platforms but do not work under a big production house like EA or Blizzard/Activision.

One of our projects is a video game company based out of Venice, my job is to do the legal work and the finishing aspects of the game, music, voice actors, marketing, public relations.

What we are looking for are talented bands or DJs who probably have not signed a record deal and would like to license their music for use in the game.

I find the best way to find these types of things is to ask the people.  If anyone has a suggestion, please give me the bands name, website if they have one and any tracks you think are amazing.  The style of music really does not matter, rock, rap, hip hop, electronica, are all good, JUST NO EFFING COUNTRY MUSIC.  It makes no difference where in the country they are based or if they are overseas.  Los Angeles has a pretty solid concert nightlife so most young bands hit one of the multiple venues in LA. 

Remember, if they have a record deal, i can just call whomever their attorney is at the production company, so I am more looking for talented bands/singers who have not been given a shot and want an easy and lucrative way to promote their music.

Hopefully the project will work out and by next fall or the following spring we will have the game on Xbox Live.  I might be able to shoot a few beta testing invites to anyone interested but the code monkeys tell me that is over 6 months away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CeltsAcumen

Re: Music - looking for advice on new bands
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Zac brown band.  Give them a chance
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Music - looking for advice on new bands
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 05:40:41 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan