Author Topic: This needs to be said.  (Read 10711 times)

This needs to be said.
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:51:02 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Yes, the Heat have taken control of this game. Yes, it's over at this point. But something seriously needs to be said.

Some of you are the most negative people I've ever communicated with. In the 2nd quarter, some of you were saying the series is over. Some of you aren't even acting like there's any chance of winning game 7.

We've seen what this team can do. We've overcome hardships all season and throughout the playoffs. I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING IN MY TEAM. From growing up in the 90's yes, I've seen us suck, really bad. But never have I ever counted them out, EVER. The fact that some of you believe there's 0% chance of us winning a game 7 makes me sick. Have some dang pride.. A true Celtic fan wouldn't give up on their team.. Pathetic...
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

Re: This needs to be said.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:54:24 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Amen but dont worry those were just closet LeBron James fans

I know the game is done but not the series, plus we relish the underdog role don't count us out yet
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:55:03 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
ill be honest man I still have faith in this team, thats something ill never lose. but im sickened by this showing. I'm sickned by the sloppy play, the bad decisions, and the look of "oh well, we have another chance in this series" im seeing out there... this blows man, flat out blows. Props to Lebron (never thought id be saying this) for going out there and playing this game out of his mind with urgency... I cant believe this was the showing at home...

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
you are allowed to call a spade a spade. and boston was soundly beaten from the tip tonight. I think most of us expected them to come out and play much better than this tonight.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
you are allowed to call a spade a spade. and boston was soundly beaten from the tip tonight. I think most of us expected them to come out and play much better than this tonight.

But to COMPLETELY count them out in a game 7 is just terrible. This team can pull it out
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
Yes, the Heat have taken control of this game. Yes, it's over at this point. But something seriously needs to be said.

Some of you are the most negative people I've ever communicated with. In the 2nd quarter, some of you were saying the series is over. Some of you aren't even acting like there's any chance of winning game 7.

We've seen what this team can do. We've overcome hardships all season and throughout the playoffs. I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING IN MY TEAM. From growing up in the 90's yes, I've seen us suck, really bad. But never have I ever counted them out, EVER. The fact that some of you believe there's 0% chance of us winning a game 7 makes me sick. Have some dang pride.. A true Celtic fan wouldn't give up on their team.. Pathetic...

I disagree...I think when fans comment like that, they are just using it as a way to vent their frustration...I suspect most also believe in this team - but in the heat of the game they let their emotions talk,they are just so passionate that sometimes its difficult to take when the team is down.

"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC

But to COMPLETELY count them out in a game 7 is just terrible. This team can pull it out

anything can happen..but the odds are stacked against them

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:12 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
tp

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:10:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I disagree...I think when fans comment like that, they are just using it as a way to vent their frustration...I suspect most also believe in this team - but in the heat of the game they let their emotions talk,they are just so passionate that sometimes its difficult to take when the team is down.

for some perhaps but there's definitely 2 posters (probably a few others but 2 are just blatantly easy to pick out) that are constantly negative to the point that I'm not sure why they come to a Celtics site.  others are possibly venting as you've speculated

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
The 'fans' who are negative all the time, they know who they are. I just ignore. They never say anything positive.

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 11:14:18 PM »

Offline CantBeRight

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...BUT 17
I'm as faithful as the next man but in all honesty ( and I'm sorry that you all have to see this ) I believe it is over.

There is no gas left in the tank.
It is too difficult to win in Miami with their team complete and ours so banged up.
It's obvious the NBA wants a Durant/Lebron FINALS matchup...the one they've been hoping for for years.

It was a great run everyone, so many great moments ( my personal favorite being the pierce dagger in game 5 ) we fought through all the odds. Nobody expected us to take Miami to 7 games, but we did it. Whatever happens tomorrow, I'm proud of these guys, THESE BOSTON CELTICS.

I still see a small sliver of light at the end of the tunnel, but it's getting dimmer and dimmer every day.
I pray we find the faith to continue and win tomorrow and keep this magic alive.
Celtics fan in Houston.

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:31:14 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
hard explaining to a Celtics fan why we still in it or that we have a chance to win..

weird

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I haven't been that disgusted with a fan base since people wanted to blow it up before this year even started. I almost want this team to be blown up and be the Bobcats for the next few years to make you people appreciate what's in front of you

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Reverse jinx doesn't work, my friends...

They're headed for an elimination game FOR BOTH TEAMS. We don't know if any of our players' injuries has gotten worse, but if not, this team is 100% capable of beating the Hype, the Heat, the refs, ESPN and Stern. They only need to play, unlike tonight.

Everything went LeBron's way, so he's capable of doing a lot of things, and tonight he shot lights off. But the rest of the Miami team weren't at that level. The Celtics can expect more Heatles contributing on Saturday, so they need to play smart ball and take care of the ball.

Tonight's game was a big disappointment, and it can't be repeated on Saturday.

Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We still have not put together one good game, neither have they where everyone is firing on all cylinders.