Author Topic: Anyone watch League pass online, on Apple TV or iPad?  (Read 3852 times)

Anyone watch League pass online, on Apple TV or iPad?
« on: June 07, 2012, 09:40:08 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I'm thinking of trying to make the switch from Dish Network + League Pass to an online solution next season.

Anyone watch games on their laptop, apple TV or iPad?

If so the 3 biggest questions I have are:

1) Cost -- I pay ~$200 for league pass + $60/mo for Dish. How does broadband compare?

2) "DVR" -- is there a way to watch games on broadband/appleTV/iPad if you don't watch them live (i usually watch about an hour after they've started and FWD through the commercials.

3) Quality -- I don't care about this much as I'm not an HD-head, but I'm more concerned about buffering, losing the feed, etc.

TP's for any and all (legit  ;)) responses!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Re: Anyone watch League pass online, on Apple TV or iPad?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:45:33 AM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
I was thinking about dropping my League Pass on DishNetwork and opting for the AppleTV subscription.

In fact, this season I watched one game on AppleTV just to see if it would suffice and to be honest it was just like the stream would be on DishNetwork.

The only thing with AppleTV, you either have to watch the game live or wait until after the game to start the game. You can't start the game from the beginning an hour after it has started which is something that I will sometimes do. One plus I noticed is that if you watch the game afterwards, there is an option to remove the final scores so you don't know the end result before watching it!
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
thanks prov1ml34, 2 follow-ups:

if you start the game live, can you pause during commercial breaks, etc?

is the feed just like DishNetwork -- i.e. you get whatever announcers you get? or can you choose to always have the Boston announcers?

thanks!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Im planning on dropping and using the Xbox next year!

It was just announced at e3...

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
thanks prov1ml34, 2 follow-ups:

if you start the game live, can you pause during commercial breaks, etc?

is the feed just like DishNetwork -- i.e. you get whatever announcers you get? or can you choose to always have the Boston announcers?

thanks!

That is something I didn't try. Sorry!

I know when the game is live you can obviously, pause, fast forward through commercials, etc.

If I had to guess I would think you can pause and resume while it is live. I just know you can't go and select the game and start from the beginning once it's already started. But if you are watching the game I don't see why you wouldn't be able to pause it and then resume. However, I am not 100% certain.

As far as the feeds, yes, you get one option just like Dish Network, unfortunately.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle