Author Topic: Heat (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) ECF Game 6 6/7  (Read 122647 times)

Re: Heat (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) ECF Game 6 6/7
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i expect rondo to be on top of his game...KG is a given...if we can get PP and Allen going...things will be good. but boston has showed they can score on miami...

it hinges on defense as usual.

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN
#CelticsTalk: The NBA officials for tonight's Celtics-Heat game are Danny Crawford, Tony Brothers and Tom Washington.

Hopefully they call a fairly officiated game and we can take this!!!!
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 09:44:12 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN
#CelticsTalk: The NBA officials for tonight's Celtics-Heat game are Danny Crawford, Tony Brothers and Tom Washington.

Hopefully they call a fairly officiated game and we can take this!!!!
Danny Crawford and I think Washington were on the game 1 crew.

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i am ok with that crew. no davis which is good. My bet is they don't call 5 techs tonight and they let these guys play

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Obligatory LarBrd33 post coming at you in 3... 2... 1...

Gotta love the posters that refer to themselves in the third person...

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:09 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

Got a feeling the Heat are going to take this one easily.  Bosh was pretty [dang] effective in those 12 minutes (9 points and 7 rebounds) and extended time will be a blessing for them.  No way does Miami drop 4 in a row to Boston.  Keep in mind they still have the best player alive (King James) and arguably the 2nd best player on the court (though KG and Rondo have seemingly outplayed Wade so far).  When you have that kind of talent... forget it.  LeBron has yet to have a "LeBron" game where he goes off with like... 45 points, 15 assists and 15 rebounds.  He's due.  That entire team is due.  I don't think we stand a chance in this game... total massacre.  Then when it goes back to Miami for game 7... forget it.  Series over in a landslide Heat victory.  Thrilled that Boston pushed them to 7, but this is still Miami's series until otherwise noted.

Keep in mind that in 2009 we managed to choke a 3-2 lead against Orlando... and in 2010 we managed to choke a 3-2 lead against the Lakers in the finals.  This will not be any different.  On the bright side, we'll avoid the embarrassment of being swept by the Thunder in the next round.  

Hat's off to Boston for the good job and good effort, though.  Hope I'm wrong.

Keep making these predictions, you're making me look smart-

Sincerely,

Charles Barkley
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 10:17:04 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i honestly think bosh disappears tonight. Let lebrick score 45..him and wade combined for 60 in the last game and they lost.

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I don't normally do this and 'guarantee' something, but..Ray Allen  tonight? I can feel it. Hot hot hot shooting night. I'm not saying it'll be an easy win, but I feel like Ray is going to be a sniper tonight.

I really, really hope the crowd shows up tonight and blows the roof off the building.

KG would play mind games with Perk and then ANYTHING IS POSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's funny, I'd say Perk is probably one of the very few players in the league that won't let KG get into his head.

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403

Got a feeling the Heat are going to take this one easily.  Bosh was pretty [dang] effective in those 12 minutes (9 points and 7 rebounds) and extended time will be a blessing for them.  No way does Miami drop 4 in a row to Boston.  Keep in mind they still have the best player alive (King James) and arguably the 2nd best player on the court (though KG and Rondo have seemingly outplayed Wade so far).  When you have that kind of talent... forget it.  LeBron has yet to have a "LeBron" game where he goes off with like... 45 points, 15 assists and 15 rebounds.  He's due.  That entire team is due.  I don't think we stand a chance in this game... total massacre.  Then when it goes back to Miami for game 7... forget it.  Series over in a landslide Heat victory.  Thrilled that Boston pushed them to 7, but this is still Miami's series until otherwise noted.

Keep in mind that in 2009 we managed to choke a 3-2 lead against Orlando... and in 2010 we managed to choke a 3-2 lead against the Lakers in the finals.  This will not be any different.  On the bright side, we'll avoid the embarrassment of being swept by the Thunder in the next round.  

Yeah, I think so too. I expect a very strong performance from Miami tonight. Their best game since game one. I think Bosh will get a lot more minutes too and that he'll give them a lift. I think it's going to take a very good performance from Boston to knock Miami out tonight.

I also think there is a smaller but significant chance that Miami bottles it and give the C's a great opening to close out this series. They haven't been the strongest team mentally and they are not a sure thing to respond well here.

I think they will, respond well, but there is definitely a sizable chance that they don't.

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
We've outplayed this team the last 4 games, is is bosh really going to come in and dominate? We have beaten the Heat with him before, this game will be no different.

Plus, I don't see James and Wade deferring the ball to him and taking that chance.

We have an answer to Bosh, the Heat have yet to find an answer to Rondo
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Yeah, I think so too. I expect a very strong performance from Miami tonight. Their best game since game one. I think Bosh will get a lot more minutes too and that he'll give them a lift. I think it's going to take a very good performance from Boston to knock Miami out tonight.

I also think there is a smaller but significant chance that Miami bottles it and give the C's a great opening to close out this series. They haven't been the strongest team mentally and they are not a sure thing to respond well here.

I think they will, respond well, but there is definitely a sizable chance that they don't.

I agree with a lot here.  It's my opinion that, with most things being equal, the team with their backs against the wall tend to find a way in these types of games...

But let's drop the notion that this is going to be a "massacre."  Celtics have controlled tempo for most of the past 4 games and are 9-1 in close outs at home over recent years.  The home cooking will keep the Celts in striking distance.  This game may very well go to Miami but i don't expect anything similar to what we saw in game 1.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »

Offline Schintzius

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 68
From a buddy's facebook page.  Somewhere in Scituate.

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Don't forget to TP FL for the work. Go Celts!

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
From a buddy's facebook page.  Somewhere in Scituate.

Haha, that's worth a Tommy Point.

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I wish I could be confident about these refs. The Celtics are 5-11 and the Heat are 12-4 this season with these 3 refs. And two of them officiated games 1 and 2 in Miami, which were very badly called. Hopefully with the spotlight on the officiating in this series, they will call it fairly in this one.

Official Report
Danny Crawford
11 playoff games as main official
Home team win % of 63.6%
39.6 fouls called per game
49.2% of the fouls are called on the home team
1.2 technicals called per game
Entering his 27th NBA season, Dan Crawford has officiated 1,770 regular season and 256 playoff games, including 25 NBA Finals games. During his NBA tenure, Crawford has officiated the 1994 and 2001 NBA All-Star Games, and the 1992 Japan Games in Yokohama. Prior to joining the NBA, Crawford spent four years officiating in the CBA. He has eight years of collegiate officiating experience and officiated the 1983 and 1984 National Junior College Nationals. Crawford has been honored for his achievements in the Northeastern (Ill.) Wall of Fame. Crawford was a member of the Northeastern University basketball team. After one of the Celtics playoff games in Chicago in round 1 in 2008, there was some controversy when he was seen leaving the arena with his family all decked out in Chicago Bulls gear. He's been in the news lately because he has been accused of having a bias against Marc Cuban because the Mavs were 2-16 in games officiated by Crawford last season and Cuban has been very vocal about it. The Celtics are 1-5 this season and are 3-7 over their last 10 games with Crawford officiating. One loss this season was the Celtics only loss vs Miami in which the Heat shot 8 more free throws than the Celtics. The second loss was to he Knicks where NY shot 17 free throws to 34 for the Celtics. The third loss was the 1 point loss in game 5 in Atlanta where the Celtics shot 15 free throws to 14 for the Hawks and the officiating was pretty good and they let them play on both sides. The 4th loss was game 2 in the Philly series. The Celtics shot 9 free throws to 21 for the Sixers. With 10 seconds to go, they called an offensive foul on KG for setting a screen. They let them play for 3 quarters and then tightened the calls up on the Celtics. The fifth loss was game 1 vs the Heat where the Heat shot 23 free throws to 21 for the Celtics. The win was over New Jersey where the Nets shot 10 free throws to 21 for the Celtics. The Heat are 6-2 this season and 7-3 over their last 10 games. His home W/L record is 37-26 this season.

Tony Brothers
9 playoff games as crew official
Home team win % of 77.8%
42.6 fouls called per game
50.1% of the fouls are called on the home team
1.4 technicals called per game
Brothers is entering his 18th season as an NBA official and has officiated 1,040 regular season games and 50 playoff games during his career. He was a member of the crew that officiated the 1996 Mexico Challenge, 1998 Schick Rookie Game, 1999 McDonald’s Championship in Milan, Italy and the 2008 China Games. Prior to joining the NBA, Brothers spent four years officiating in the CBA, including three CBA Finals and a CBA All-Star Game. He has one year of collegiate officiating experience at the Junior College level. Brothers also has seven years of high school officiating experience in Virginia, including three state tournaments. There are several articles about what a terrible ref Brothers is and detailing his misdeeds. He has angered a lot of fans of just about every team because of bad calls, no calls, and one sided officiating. The Celtics are 3-2 this season and 5-5 in their last 10 games with Brothers on the court. One loss this season was to the Pistons in which the Celtics took 32 free throws to 29 for the Pistons. The other loss was to the Kings and both teams shot 21 free throws. One win came against Philadelphia where the Sixers shot 24 free throws to 19 for the Celtics. The second win was game 4 vs the Hawks and the Celtics shot 13 free throws to 17 for the Hawks. The 3rd win was Game 7 vs Philly in which the Celtics took 22 free throws to 20 for the Sixers. All of the games were pretty well officiated with no blatant bias or terrible calls. The Heat are 2-1 this season and 7-3 with Brothers in their last 10. His home W/L record this season is 37-25.

Tom Washington
9 playoff games as crew official
Home team win % of 66.7%
45.9 fouls called per game
48.4% of the fouls are called on the home team
0.0 technicals called per game
Over his 20-season NBA officiating career, Tom Washington has officiated 1,196+ regular season games, 103 playoff games and two Finals games. He was a member of the crew that officiated the 1995 Schick Rookie Game, the 1996 Japan Games in Tokyo and the 2004 NBA All-Star Game. In addition to his 20 seasons with the NBA, Washington has two years of CBA officiating experience. He has one year collegiate officiating experience and five years of high school officiating experience in his hometown of Philadelphia. The Celtics are 1-4 this season with Washington on the court. One loss was the Pacer game where the Celtics were called for 24 fouls compared to 18 for the Pacers. Another loss was to the Pistons where Detroit shot 46 free throws to 15 for the Celtics, Rondo was ejected, and Tommy Heinsohn called it the worst officiated game all season (are you cringing yet?). The next loss was game 5 vs Atlanta where they let them play and the Celtics shot 15 free throws to 14 for the Hawks. The final loss was the debacle in game 2 vs the Heat. The Heat shot 47 free throws to 29 for the Celtics, in spite of the Celtics attacking the basket all night. There were bad calls throughout the 4th quarter and OT. The missed call where Wade hit Rondo on the head leading to a Heat layup was one of the worst. Pierce, Pietrus, and Dooling all fouled out. LeBron was given 24 free throws himself. The win was the 87-56 Orlando beat down in which the Celtics took 19 free throws to 30 for the Magic. They are 6-4 over their last 10 games with Washington. The Heat are 4-1 this season and 9-1 over their last 10 games with Washington on the court. His home W/L record this season is 40-21.