Author Topic: Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?  (Read 14156 times)

Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »

Offline greenlion

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
lebron james hasn't fouled out since '08 = that's how long nba has been rigging the games for this punk who has FAILED to win any ring..and he never will...
"talent is not enough - I always admired the ones with heart..."

Re: Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I wanted to punch him out watching that interview, where he acted like it was IMPOSSIBLE for he the GREAT James to foul out.

I have news for him, only becasue he has the NBA fairy godmothers watching after him like a prince has he been able to do this.  He gets the benefit of the call 99.9% of the time.

He is arrogant and conceded to think his play is THAT much better every game in his life.

IF LBJ is given qual treatment by the NBA ...he should have fouled out of dozens of games I've watched .

Funny ... he has become SO accustomed to being babied by the refs and getting all the calls ...he just can't admitt he has ever made a foul legit..... arrgggg.

It is Sterns fault , that this certain player glorification and protection system is in place.... it started with his arrival to the NBA.   Thanks MJ and Stern for screwing up real basketball.

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I thought the game was called pretty fairly...but just goes to prove ..the HEAT NEED the refs to win the series....Spobot knows this .  The fouls NEED to go the cHeat way in order for them to win...they can't beat us without getting the overwhelming majoity of the calls.

In a equal /fair ref'd game ...the Heat do not fair well, they never have actually.   They would have hard time beating the Knicks , much less the Pacers or Celtics.

DEAR FANS keep up the complaining !!!! Why should we stand back and let SPO , RILEY, WADE and LBJ get their way and get the refs in their back pockets.

Let STERN and the refs KNOW about it .!!!!!

Make.
 Stern to have the refs call fair games when the Heat are involved.

I won't stop complaining till SPOBOT and RILEY shut up first.

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:14 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
To be honest, I thought I'd see Michael lace em' back up before Lebron James fouled out of a NBA game.

Don't do it, Michael! ;D

But seriously I hope this proves to Lebron that he IS IN FACT human, and had better play by the rules - just like everyone else.

No more staring at refs...no more traveling.....no more slamming the ball down after KG dunks over you (Game 3)......just play by the same set of rules that every other player abides by.

After all - does he REALLY need any help? The man is 6'8" 250 pounds...built like Karl Malone, quickness of Kobe prime, as intelligent as any player out there, and an elite defender.

Again - he doesn't NEED any help.

Turnabout is fair play - afterall, when was the last time Paul Pierce fouled out of THREE GAMES in the playoffs?

That's crazy.

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
That's the beauty of Joey Crawford ;D He's such a spotlight hogger I knew he wouldn't be able to help himself after the 5th foul. I bet he's home now chuckling to himself as he watches the replays of tonight's masterpiece.

Did you see how he motioned that 6th foul on lebron too?

It reminded me of Leslie Neilson's umpiring job in the Naked Gun.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
C's were smart to embrace physical play with Lebron in the post, forcing refs to make calls on someone. I feel like those are some of the most difficult calls for refs to make because they often don't clearly see initial contact. While KG holding Lebron so that James couldn't defend Rondo's layup failed for us, the next two calls involving James in the paint worked out great (the double foul and then Lebron's 6th).

Unfortunately, if Bosh returns, Lebron can steer clear of such high risk plays as Bosh takes over responsibilities in the paint.

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 10:41:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
C's were smart to embrace physical play with Lebron in the post, forcing refs to make calls on someone. I feel like those are some of the most difficult calls for refs to make because they often don't clearly see initial contact. While KG holding Lebron so that James couldn't defend Rondo's layup failed for us, the next two calls involving James in the paint worked out great (the double foul and then Lebron's 6th).

Unfortunately, if Bosh returns, Lebron can steer clear of such high risk plays as Bosh takes over responsibilities in the paint.
LBJ forced their hand more than anything, he's very physical on defense.

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 10:44:13 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Lebron couldn't believe it either.  I think he said something like, "I don't foul out."   ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 10:45:34 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
To be honest, I thought I'd see Michael lace em' back up before Lebron James fouled out of a NBA game.

Don't do it, Michael! ;D

But seriously I hope this proves to Lebron that he IS IN FACT human, and had better play by the rules - just like everyone else.

No more staring at refs...no more traveling.....no more slamming the ball down after KG dunks over you (Game 3)......just play by the same set of rules that every other player abides by.

After all - does he REALLY need any help? The man is 6'8" 250 pounds...built like Karl Malone, quickness of Kobe prime, as intelligent as any player out there, and an elite defender.

Turnabout is fair play - afterall, when was the last time Paul Pierce fouled out of THREE GAMES in the playoffs?

That's crazy.
He is the most coddled individual player by the officials in the history of professional sports, so imagine his surprise on a night when he's required to play by the same rules as the other nine players on the floor.

It'll be interesting to see the verve - or lack thereof - that he defends with on Tuesday night, especially if Bosh returns as ESPN is reporting this morning.

Personally, I think rolling Bosh out in Game 5 of a series is a very dangerous thing for the Heat, but that's a topic for another thread.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 10:48:27 AM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
I was at the game last night and I think the crowd cheered louder when LeBron fouled out than when the Celtics won the game. Even if the Celtics lose the series, I will know that for one night, the Celtics were able to beat the NBA's machine.

The way that LeBron was talking about how he "doesn't foul" kind of reminded me of that movie Bolt where the cartoon dog thinks he has superpowers because no one has the heart to tell him he's just on a tv show with special effects.

The last time LBJ fouled out, Avery Bradley was a junior in high school.

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 10:51:45 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I was somewhat in disbelief. I had never, ever thought I'd see the day. Neither did LeBron  ;D

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 10:54:23 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Don't do it, Michael! ;D

That's crazy.
He is the most coddled individual player by the officials in the history of professional sports, so imagine his surprise on a night when he's required to play by the same rules as the other nine players on the floor.

It'll be interesting to see the verve - or lack thereof - that he defends with on Tuesday night, especially if Bosh returns as ESPN is reporting this morning.

Personally, I think rolling Bosh out in Game 5 of a series is a very dangerous thing for the Heat, but that's a topic for another thread.

I only hope that the refs continue to pay attention to his (and Wade's) antics.

If he's TRULY held accountable by the officials, like BOS and everyone else, then BOS's got a shot here.

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I thought I'd witness the return of Our Lady of Fatima first.
TP -- was thinking the same thing

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
When he got his 5th I said that now he had a license to do whatever he wanted on the court because there was no way they would call that 6th foul.  I was wrong.  I loved how he whined after the game about how he doesn't foul out and that he wished he had earned that foul.  He gets away with so many offensive fouls when he dips his shoulder and bulls his way to the basket in EVERY game that he really shouldn't be calling out the refs.  They may stop giving him that call. 

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Stern and the officials will owe the messiah big time in the next 3 games.  Very unlikely that we'll see much of Crawford in those games.  That they fouled out the messiah doesn't bode well for us at all going forward.

Funniest part of the situation was watching the Heat's 14 year old head coach in the press conference after....Saying that the best players should be in at the end of the game deciding it.  While I couldn't agree with that sentiment more...Our captain had been ticky tack fouled out of 2 games...Didn't hear the boy wonder whining about it then.