Author Topic: Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?  (Read 14164 times)

Re: Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 12:47:37 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I am only bent on blaming refs when they call things differently for different teams. They called it about as fair as we will ever see against the Heat. Lebron fouling out for the 1st time since being on the Heat was a highlight. That alone shows why people make an issue about the refs after these games. How is this the first time in years that Lebron has fouled out? There is no way that is the only time he should have fouled out.

I have no complaints...this game.

I actually think - outside of the techs in Game 1 - that the series has been called moderately fairly. LeBron's 5th and 6th fouls were terrible calls. Really impacted the game in the way Rondo getting hit in the head by Wade did. Wish the refs could see things quicker - but they're human. Things happen.

Game 2 brah. The refs stole game 2 from us.

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 12:48:33 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Not really, though after all the outcry from everyone not rooting for the Heat, I knew there'd be a liitle more attention given to balancing it out.

What amazed me was after one of his fouls when he walked up to the official and stared him down ... never said a word, but gave the ref a nasty, challenging look, walked right up to him, then walked away, all the time with that "How dare you blow a whistle in my direction!" look.

I've never seen a player allowed to taunt or stare down an official like that and get away with it ... never! It was hateful, objectionable, and condescending as heck, and he was reminding the ref just exactly where his place should be.

Wow. I absolutely love that he fouled out after that ... kind of shows you what a battle is going on between he and The Truth, when both of them foul out in the same game.

KG is the key, though ... every time he gets a rest on the bench, I cross my fingers. He has absolutely been dominating the paint when he's on the floor, and as soon as he comes out of the game, Miami makes a run.

Heckuva win ... do they have the killer insinct and enough left in the tank? We'll see, but we've got the upper hand with the head game right now, IMO. They keep digging down deep, and it makes me proud.

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Its about freakin' time. I never thought Id see the day, but it is completely pathetic that this is the first game that he his fouled out in a heat uniform! UNreal.

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 12:50:23 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
One or two possessions earlier LeBron earned that 6th foul when he put his body on Rondo, while Rondo was driving past him. It was quite obvious, but no call. The offensive foul shouldn't have been called, though.

It really is strange that he hasn't fouled out more often, superstar treatment or not. He plays very physical D, and should get more fouls called against him.

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 12:53:30 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
After his 5th I thought there was a great chance. After Pierce's 6th I thought it was less.

Refs were weird tonight.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 12:58:27 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Games would be alot better if refs just swallow the whistle on both sides unless something truly needs to be called. Instead refs want at least half of the story to be about them. To be a truly good ref nobody should be able to know their names.

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
That's the beauty of Joey Crawford ;D He's such a spotlight hogger I knew he wouldn't be able to help himself after the 5th foul. I bet he's home now chuckling to himself as he watches the replays of tonight's masterpiece.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 01:10:11 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
First time in Mia uniform  :o

amazing
i guess the durants of the generation arent good enough for him
it took one kevin and one pierce to make it, not to mention pietrus but hey.... good job guys
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 01:14:58 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
It's a miracle AND it will never happen again during David Stern's reign.

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
It really is strange that he hasn't fouled out more often, superstar treatment or not. He plays very physical D, and should get more fouls called against him.

That's why I don understand why he was so adamant on letting the reporters know that he doesn't foul out. With the way he plays, with that physical D, how does one not foul out?
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 01:25:40 AM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
Not really, though after all the outcry from everyone not rooting for the Heat, I knew there'd be a liitle more attention given to balancing it out.

What amazed me was after one of his fouls when he walked up to the official and stared him down ... never said a word, but gave the ref a nasty, challenging look, walked right up to him, then walked away, all the time with that "How dare you blow a whistle in my direction!" look.

I've never seen a player allowed to taunt or stare down an official like that and get away with it ... never! It was hateful, objectionable, and condescending as heck, and he was reminding the ref just exactly where his place should be.

Wow. I absolutely love that he fouled out after that ... kind of shows you what a battle is going on between he and The Truth, when both of them foul out in the same game.

KG is the key, though ... every time he gets a rest on the bench, I cross my fingers. He has absolutely been dominating the paint when he's on the floor, and as soon as he comes out of the game, Miami makes a run.

Heckuva win ... do they have the killer insinct and enough left in the tank? We'll see, but we've got the upper hand with the head game right now, IMO. They keep digging down deep, and it makes me proud.

Yea, I do remember seeing that face he gave the ref. Like he was trying to scare the ref into not making the wrong call the next time around. But I do think the C's have the momentum right now, coming off that win that they EASILY could have lost.

I feel like the momentum would have felt slightly different if tonight was a blow out win. The gritty win tonight gives them even more confidence that they can win this series. As long as they watch the tapes & find a way to fix these 3rd quarter collapses/horrible offense, and PP fouling out so many times.
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 01:28:24 AM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
I sure as hell didn't. I was, quite frankly, stunned.

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 01:39:39 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Once it got to ot I knew him and pierce were both gone.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 01:47:07 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
When is the last time Kobe fouled out? Or wade? Or kd? Or even Melo or dirk? Perimeter superstars really ever foul out. Jordan never did. Bird and magic probably didn't that much either...

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 02:07:15 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
though his comments tonight were perfect. the guy has been getting beyond-superstar treatment with fouls his whole career, and he has the nerve to complain about the calls? pierce has fouled out 3 times in the past 5 games, and he's going in the HOF. wonder if the refs will take it personally (they should, honestly).