Author Topic: Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?  (Read 14159 times)

Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
I remember seeing him foul out back in 08... never thought in my life time I'd see another one. And that is sad to say about an NBA player whose been in the league for more than 8 years..

By the way, PP needs to find a way to stop getting fouled out. He needs to realize how important he is to the team, especially if they're going to go to OT each game.
Yeeeaaaa!!!

Re: Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:18:45 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
talkin bout Paul..
in tight situations we seem better with out him

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I thought I'd witness the return of Our Lady of Fatima first.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:22:15 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
talkin bout Paul..
in tight situations we seem better with out him
.                                                                                                                                                         agree

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:32:47 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
No I didn't.

But I was glad that it happened, not only bc it balanced things out after losing Pierce.

But mainly bc people still seemed bent on blaming the officiating for any potential loss in this game even though it was called pretty fairly.  It made all the complainers shut up for the most part
Greg

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 12:34:27 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
...aaaaand theyre showing a Lebron interview on NBAtv right now, and hes blaming the refs.

'I dont foul out. Id like to deserve that 6th foul if I were'
Greg

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:35:48 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
nope, I'm glad they called it finally. for someone who plays agressive as he does, he should foul out nearly every game.

I thought they called this game pretty fair

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 12:35:52 AM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'm watching the post game right now.. and LBJ was asked about his fouling out, and he said, "I don't foul out.. I don't foul out. I wish I had earned that 6th foul"...

Really?? His demeanor and his attitude in this post game presser clearly shows he's not happy. But who cares!!
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 12:37:15 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
No respect here for that clown whatsoever.

This league has made it too easy for him.

Big ups to Joey Crawford for making him play by the same rules as the other nine people on the floor.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
...aaaaand theyre showing a Lebron interview on NBAtv right now, and hes blaming the refs.

'I dont foul out. Id like to deserve that 6th foul if I were'

So would Paul. They forced their own hands on that one. Once you call the questionable offensive foul on PP for his 6th you sort of have to call the questionable call on LeBron for his.

Neither should have been fouls. Both were bogus. But they were consistent(ly bad). A lose lose really.

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 12:37:46 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
lol I NEVER thought i would see dat its like Haley's comet or a lunar eclipse seeing him fouling out once he picked up dat 6 foul i screamed at my TV get him out i was estatic honestly

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 12:38:22 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
No I didn't.

But I was glad that it happened, not only bc it balanced things out after losing Pierce.

But mainly bc people still seemed bent on blaming the officiating for any potential loss in this game even though it was called pretty fairly.  It made all the complainers shut up for the most part

I am only bent on blaming refs when they call things differently for different teams. They called it about as fair as we will ever see against the Heat. Lebron fouling out for the 1st time since being on the Heat was a highlight. That alone shows why people make an issue about the refs after these games. How is this the first time in years that Lebron has fouled out? There is no way that is the only time he should have fouled out.

I have no complaints...this game.

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 12:41:42 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i like lebron jamie's attitude
he thinks he is perfect

thats why we win the next 2 games
it will be a grind but we will win

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 12:43:51 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
No I didn't.

But mainly bc people still seemed bent on blaming the officiating for any potential loss in this game even though it was called pretty fairly.  It made all the complainers shut up for the most part

I am only bent on blaming refs when they call things differently for different teams. They called it about as fair as we will ever see against the Heat. Lebron fouling out for the 1st time since being on the Heat was a highlight. That alone shows why people make an issue about the refs after these games. How is this the first time in years that Lebron has fouled out? There is no way that is the only time he should have fouled out.

Thats fine.  Im not trying to say that the whole series has been called fairly, both games 1 and 2, mostly 2, were absolutely awful.

However since then, the officiating has been pretty fair, not perfect, but both bad and good calls on both sides.

But there are some people who refuse to stop blaming these refs whenever something doesnt go the Celtics way.  The Celtics and nobody else gave up that 18pt lead
Greg

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 12:45:36 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

I actually think - outside of the techs in Game 1 - that the series has been called moderately fairly. LeBron's 5th and 6th fouls were terrible calls. Really impacted the game in the way Rondo getting hit in the head by Wade did. Wish the refs could see things quicker - but they're human. Things happen.