Author Topic: Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?  (Read 14149 times)

Re: Anyone thought they'd see LBJ foul out?
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
When he got his 5th I said that now he had a license to do whatever he wanted on the court because there was no way they would call that 6th foul.  I was wrong.  I loved how he whined after the game about how he doesn't foul out and that he wished he had earned that foul.  He gets away with so many offensive fouls when he dips his shoulder and bulls his way to the basket in EVERY game that he really shouldn't be calling out the refs.  They may stop giving him that call. 

While wishing you were right....I doubt that the officials are allowed to stop giving him those calls.  Or the travels...Or the hacks....That directive comes from Sternista.

This was a major aberration.  I'm guessing either Crawford was so in "me" mode that he forgot how many fouls the messiah had. 

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 11:37:20 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I heard Junior Spolestra crying after the game, followed, of course, by LeBrat's "I don't foul out."

If the NBA was straight up, the Heat wouldn't get a shred of its usual favoritism for the rest of the series after that public display of contempt.

I am inclined to agree with Finkel, tho - we're going to have to be WAY better than Miami to eke out any more wins in this series. Dictator Stern will have the officials on red alert now.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
I thought the game was called pretty fairly...but just goes to prove ..the HEAT NEED the refs to win the series....Spobot knows this .  The fouls NEED to go the cHeat way in order for them to win...they can't beat us without getting the overwhelming majoity of the calls.

In a equal /fair ref'd game ...the Heat do not fair well, they never have actually.   They would have hard time beating the Knicks , much less the Pacers or Celtics.

DEAR FANS keep up the complaining !!!! Why should we stand back and let SPO , RILEY, WADE and LBJ get their way and get the refs in their back pockets.

Let STERN and the refs KNOW about it .!!!!!

Make.
 Stern to have the refs call fair games when the Heat are involved.

I won't stop complaining till SPOBOT and RILEY shut up first.

This might be taking it a bit far.  We won by 2 in OT with the HEAT having shots to win the game in regulation and in OT.

The HEAT would comfortably beat the Knicks in any scenario.  Let's not pretend that LeBron and Wade are bad players.  I've never understood denigrating the competition.  Like calling Pau Gasol a scrub, which I have seen a lot of.

If you beat garbage, all that makes you is better than garbage.  The HEAT are a great team, which makes us a greater team when we beat them.  Let's not pretend they are the Bobcats.

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
lol I NEVER thought i would see dat its like Haley's comet or a lunar eclipse seeing him fouling out once he picked up dat 6 foul i screamed at my TV get him out i was estatic honestly

**** that's like Haley's comet haha awesome.

TP for that one

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Stern and the officials will owe the messiah big time in the next 3 games.  Very unlikely that we'll see much of Crawford in those games.  That they fouled out the messiah doesn't bode well for us at all going forward.

Funniest part of the situation was watching the Heat's 14 year old head coach in the press conference after....Saying that the best players should be in at the end of the game deciding it.  While I couldn't agree with that sentiment more...Our captain had been ticky tack fouled out of 2 games...Didn't hear the boy wonder whining about it then.

yeh of course, Pierce fouled out, and Lebron fouled out. The two best small forwards in the game wasn't in the game "deciding" the outcome of the game. But the rest of the team stepped up for us. I'm so glad Wade is not a great 3 pt shooter though.