Author Topic: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) ECF Game 3 6/1  (Read 106694 times)

Re: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) ECF Game 3 6/1
« Reply #690 on: June 02, 2012, 12:16:01 AM »

Offline pork3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
In the interest of balance since Doc gets a good deal of negativity from a few posters every game, I want to credit Doc for getting this team prepared to play a terrific game in a losing effort on Wendnesday and then a great win tonight after that emotional loss.

Doc really shouldn't be criticized for much other than some peculiar substitutions (i.e. keeping MP around for much of the 4th in place of MD).

-Jamman

« Reply #691 on: June 02, 2012, 12:18:46 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
YEAHHHHHHH!!

Just got from school...I saw that the C's had em' up by quite a bit, then MIA made a run?

But BOS closed it out!

Can't wait to watch the replay. Thank God for Technology.

ESPN had Ray dunkin', Rondo fakin', KG pushups!?!?!lol Can't wait to see what THAT was about...

Marquis on the postgame next to Rondo?? Dude must've had a nice game - good for him!

Can't wait until sunday!!

« Reply #692 on: June 02, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
From the Heat board tonight:

"Well refs made it happen for the C's"
Are they serious? They should be the last team to talk about refs since they've been getting biased calls throughout the playoffs. They see what happens when it's not all in their favor and they don't stay at the line the whole game.

I'm happy for the win even though I almost lost it when they lost the huge lead. Thank you Doc for playing Marquis because he brought a spark tonight along win Keyon.
This isn't over yet so I hope they go and win game 4. I feel more confident than  last year that they can win game 4.

LIke I mentioned a few days ago, I work with a Heat fan and I asked her point blank, "Be honest, do you think the refs are helping Miami?" She laughed and said, "Oh yes, absolutely."

We talked more and I told her, hell, if Lebron and his gang are going to beat us, then I want to see them beat us, straight up, lights out, doing their thing. If the torch is going to be passed, then ok, it happens...but beat us as a team. Losing is nothing, I can handle losses without a problem. Losing with such crap that happened in the 1st two games is just nauseating.

When even Heat fans can see the problem, you KNOW there is a problem...lol
As a Celtic fan, I can back up the idea that the refs helped Boston tonight.  We got away with murder early to the point that I felt obligated to point it out in this thread.  Multiple questionable calls in our favor.  

I've been arguing with anyone and everyone that reffing goes both ways.  You can't cry about the refs "screwing" you one night if you aren't going to acknowledge the refs "screwing" our opponent the next.  There have been several games and series where our opponents had a claim that we were helped by the refs.  Personally, I try to ignore all of this and just assume it's basic human error.  But unquestionably early there were clear fouls that we got away with... and clear non-fouls that were called against the Heat.  If someone needs an example to back this up... check out the blatant foul by Pietrus early in the game where he literally wrapped up LeBron to slow him down... the refs just swallowed their whistles and turned the other way.  The announcers even commented on it.  Is what it is... part of the game, bros.  Good win.  One-upped our offense from the last game (didn't even think that was possible).  We avoided the brooms.  I'll take it.

« Reply #693 on: June 02, 2012, 12:29:28 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Man we definitely outplayed Miami tonight... and that last game really could have gone our way if we had caught some breaks.  We could have been up 2-1 in this series.  Such a shame.  Maybe we have a shot afterall.  If our offense keeps firing on all cylinders like this... we just might.

« Reply #694 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:33 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
From the Heat board tonight:

"Well refs made it happen for the C's"
Are they serious? They should be the last team to talk about refs since they've been getting biased calls throughout the playoffs. They see what happens when it's not all in their favor and they don't stay at the line the whole game.

I'm happy for the win even though I almost lost it when they lost the huge lead. Thank you Doc for playing Marquis because he brought a spark tonight along win Keyon.
This isn't over yet so I hope they go and win game 4. I feel more confident than  last year that they can win game 4.

LIke I mentioned a few days ago, I work with a Heat fan and I asked her point blank, "Be honest, do you think the refs are helping Miami?" She laughed and said, "Oh yes, absolutely."

We talked more and I told her, hell, if Lebron and his gang are going to beat us, then I want to see them beat us, straight up, lights out, doing their thing. If the torch is going to be passed, then ok, it happens...but beat us as a team. Losing is nothing, I can handle losses without a problem. Losing with such crap that happened in the 1st two games is just nauseating.

When even Heat fans can see the problem, you KNOW there is a problem...lol
As a Celtic fan, I can back up the idea that the refs helped Boston tonight.  We got away with murder early to the point that I felt obligated to point it out in this thread.  Multiple questionable calls in our favor.  

I've been arguing with anyone and everyone that reffing goes both ways.  You can't cry about the refs "screwing" you one night if you aren't going to acknowledge the refs "screwing" our opponent the next.  There have been several games and series where our opponents had a claim that we were helped by the refs.  Personally, I try to ignore all of this and just assume it's basic human error.  But unquestionably early there were clear fouls that we got away with... and clear non-fouls that were called against the Heat.  If someone needs an example to back this up... check out the blatant foul by Pietrus early in the game where he literally wrapped up LeBron to slow him down... the refs just swallowed their whistles and turned the other way.  The announcers even commented on it.  Is what it is... part of the game, bros.  Good win.  One-upped our offense from the last game (didn't even think that was possible).  We avoided the brooms.  I'll take it.

NBA where refs help teams win.

You know what should be a part of the game a little thing called LET THE PLAYERS play and fight it out. You know the FAIR way. Why bother playing at all then? Why don't we go ask the refs and Stern who they would like to win? Why play the game if this is how it is going to be? It would save players from injuries
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:39:18 AM by NoraG1 »