Author Topic: Celts Will Win by Double Digits Tonight  (Read 5267 times)

Celts Will Win by Double Digits Tonight
« on: June 01, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
For whatever it's worth I truly believe we'll see their best effort of the playoffs tonight.  Garden will be rocking and this team has too much pride to get swept aside by the Heat.

Last year down 2-0 they pulled out a win against Miami with Rondo playing one-armed.

We've got this one going away tonight. 

Anyone else feeling unnaturally confident about Game 3?
Yup

Re: Celts Will Win by Double Digits Tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
God that would be amazing.  Can you imagine a better effort than the last game where Rondo had 44 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds... Pierce dropped 21 with a sprained MCL... Ray was 5-11, perfect from the line and hit a dagger 3 to tie it (easily his best performance of the playoffs)... KG dropped another solid 18 and 8... the team as whole shot 50% and dropped a playoff-high 111 points... we were even with Miami on rebounds... and we held LeBron to 35% shooting.   Man... if tonight is going to be a better effort than that, y'all best set your DVR's to "Save until I delete" cuz this one is going to be historic.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
They'll win...but it won't be double digits. This series is over if they do not.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
God that would be amazing.  Can you imagine a better effort than the last game where Rondo had 44 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds... Pierce dropped 21 with a sprained MCL... Ray was 5-11, perfect from the line and hit a dagger 3 to tie it (easily his best performance of the playoffs)... KG dropped another solid 18 and 8... the team as whole shot 50% and dropped a playoff-high 111 points... we were even with Miami on rebounds... and we held LeBron to 35% shooting.   Man... if tonight is going to be a better effort than that, y'all best set your DVR's to "Save until I delete" cuz this one is going to be historic.

Yeh, that was the disheartening part about Game 2.  We got some great performances.  What I'm hoping for is a better spread out offense (read:  KG and Bass hitting some shots), and the Heat being the ones whose turnovers and fouls lead to a bunch of points.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Yeh, that was the disheartening part about Game 2.  We got some great performances.  What I'm hoping for is a better spread out offense (read:  KG and Bass hitting some shots), and the Heat being the ones whose turnovers and fouls lead to a bunch of points.

Remember in game 7 of the Atlanta series where Rondo hit a three, but they changed it to a "2" after they saw in the replay that his foot was on the line? ... Rondo on the next possession came out and hit a three pointer from about 5 feet beyond the three point line. 

Maybe Rondo goes for 60, 20 and 15 tonight.  Might be enough for a win.

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Remember in game 7 of the Atlanta series where Rondo hit a three, but they changed it to a "2" after they saw in the replay that his foot was on the line? ... Rondo on the next possession came out and hit a three pointer from about 5 feet beyond the three point line. 

he'll get that elusive quadruple quintriple tonight.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

If Rondo gets 60 points tonight, we're going to see a record number of trips to the line for LeQueen

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 08:38:11 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
From your lips to God's ears. Let's go Celtics!
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Smooooooooooooooooth
Yup

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Where were the replays when Wade hit Rondo on the head? That is what I want to know

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Yeh, that was the disheartening part about Game 2.  We got some great performances.  What I'm hoping for is a better spread out offense (read:  KG and Bass hitting some shots), and the Heat being the ones whose turnovers and fouls lead to a bunch of points.

Maybe Rondo goes for 60, 20 and 15 tonight.  Might be enough for a win.

Where were the replays when Wade hit Rondo on the head? That is what I want to know

Hot a reviewable call (or non-call).
Yup

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
ahem!   ;D

Should have been more!  Great win for the C's.

Sunday will be a battle.
Yup

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 11:21:35 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
You called it lol
DKC Suns

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

8)

TP.

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 11:31:50 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Can you make more predictions please? Like a 7 game winning streak?