Author Topic: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) ECF Game 3 6/1  (Read 106939 times)

Re: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) ECF Game 3 6/1
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
A win, a win, a win, a win .. squeezing my eyes closed and wishing!!

TP FL and TP ACF!!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Heat want to sweep. KG... Please don't let it happen.

Won't be watching tonight ... go get em Doc !!

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Don't know where to watch the game.

Upstairs with buddies (where they always seem to lose)

Downstairs with gf (where seem to have good fortune)

Somewhere by the garden (im broke and should be saving for wedding ish)

Normally I'd say to go with the GF because that's where the wins are happening. 
However, this is an unusual situation: Everything (IMO) is leaning the wrong way in this series; refs, aging vets playing high minute, short rest following a brutally tiring game, nagging injuries, loose Heat team... I think it's time to live dangerously and go against conventional wisdom.  Go with the buddies and if the C's pull out the victory you then have to ride the winning formula for the duration -- a win-win.

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »

Offline DutchClutch

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • Feyenoord, Arsenal & Celtics forever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYwtOn75rc0

Now. Let's. Get. Them.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 07:17:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Gonna say it again.  I don't know how we can play better than we did last game.  Rondo had the greatest game of his career.  He'll probably never shoot that well again in his entire life.  KG was solid.  Pierce was as good as he can possibly be while battling a sprained MCL.  Ray had his best game of the playoffs.  As a team we shot 50%.  By far our best offensive game of the playoffs.  Our team was even with them on rebounds (our normal weakness).  We held LeBron to 35% shooting...   That game was a best case scenario and we still lost.

I want to believe, but I'm having trouble seeing how we can improve on that performance.

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 07:50:38 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Gonna say it again.  I don't know how we can play better than we did last game.  Rondo had the greatest game of his career.  He'll probably never shoot that well again in his entire life.  KG was solid.  Pierce was as good as he can possibly be while battling a sprained MCL.  Ray had his best game of the playoffs.  As a team we shot 50%.  By far our best offensive game of the playoffs.  Our team was even with them on rebounds (our normal weakness).  We held LeBron to 35% shooting...   That game was a best case scenario and we still lost.

I want to believe, but I'm having trouble seeing how we can improve on that performance.

I think Stern allows this one to go to Game 6. The NBA stands to benefit financially by it being extended out

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Gonna say it again.  I don't know how we can play better than we did last game.  Rondo had the greatest game of his career.  He'll probably never shoot that well again in his entire life.  KG was solid.  Pierce was as good as he can possibly be while battling a sprained MCL.  Ray had his best game of the playoffs.  As a team we shot 50%.  By far our best offensive game of the playoffs.  Our team was even with them on rebounds (our normal weakness).  We held LeBron to 35% shooting...   That game was a best case scenario and we still lost.

I think Stern allows this one to go to Game 6. The NBA stands to benefit financially by it being extended out
If Stern was trying to extend this series... he would have made sure we walked away from Game 2 with a victory since we're unlikely to have another offensive game anywhere near that one.... and they could hype the crap out of a tied series with stuff like "Is Rondo enough to stop Miami!??"...  Ultimately this thing is looking like it could end up a sweep.  Stern blew it.  I know a couple of my friends who aren't even bothering watching tonight, because they consider the series already over. 

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 07:58:38 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
Gonna say it again.  I don't know how we can play better than we did last game.  Rondo had the greatest game of his career.  He'll probably never shoot that well again in his entire life.  KG was solid.  Pierce was as good as he can possibly be while battling a sprained MCL.  Ray had his best game of the playoffs.  As a team we shot 50%.  By far our best offensive game of the playoffs.  Our team was even with them on rebounds (our normal weakness).  We held LeBron to 35% shooting...   That game was a best case scenario and we still lost.

If Stern was trying to extend this series... he would have made sure we walked away from Game 2 with a victory since we're unlikely to have another offensive game anywhere near that one.... and they could hype the crap out of a tied series with stuff like "Is Rondo enough to stop Miami!??"...  Ultimately this thing is looking like it could end up a sweep.  Stern blew it.  I know a couple of my friends who aren't even bothering watching tonight, because they consider the series already over. 

Not necessarily...the series tied at 2-2 adds drama...the old age Celtics won't quit!!! Then the Heat triumph in Boston on their rivals home court! Smell the ratings!

Its sad that this is less legitimate than pro wrestling. I'm still watching because I've never missed watching or listening to a game on the radio but it sucks to know that its come to this.

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Rondo is having another MVP performance tonight, hopefully not playing 53 minutes.

Pierce will play a great game.

Refs won't screw the Celtics three games in a row... this time the Celtics need to win the game and forget about the calls.

Sasha is playing tonight.

Ray will make some shots.

Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 08:03:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Here we go, looking for a double digit win tonight!

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 08:05:03 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Sharod Blakely just confirmed via twitter that Paul Pierce has already been whistled for his first personal foul
Greg

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
Sharod Blakely just confirmed via twitter that Paul Pierce has already been whistled for his first personal foul

I heard it was for Jaywalking during warm ups

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Thanks for the Russell bit. No C killers amongst the Zebras, right?  Fear they left it on the floor in G2; hoping for the Fountain of Youth in G3 (and on).  Between Hope and Fear, waiting for the tip.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 08:22:10 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
everybody watch this it just got me wicked pumped up ! go celtics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj5OLoNCmO8
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony