Author Topic: the Dwyane Wade bias  (Read 12145 times)

Re: the Dwyane Wade bias
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wade is a thug. Plain and simple. Gone are the days of the good D-Wade, and his true colors showed up when 3 years ago. A basketball thug of the highest order. I really hope someone will put him in his place. Just one. Biyombo should've.

If I'm Danny, I'd tell Jason COllins "I'll offer an extension for 1 more year just to knock him in the face if he does another scumbag move like he's been doing". We'll be fine if he's going to be suspended for a game or more, just give him the 'ol haymaker if he tries to hurt someone from our rosters.
He's been doing stuff like this his whole career, getting LeBron on his team didn't suddenly make him a thug.

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Was dwight howard's hit last night THAT much worse?  Is a hit to the face that much worse than a hit to the privates?  Why will dwight get a suspension and not wade?

If you ask me which hit I'd rather be at the receiving end of, I'd be equally angry at each.  Both were equally bad and neither were basketball plays.  Dwight's was actually more of a basketball play than Wade's.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 12:06:46 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Was dwight howard's hit last night THAT much worse?  Is a hit to the face that much worse than a hit to the privates?  Why will dwight get a suspension and not wade?

If you ask me which hit I'd rather be at the receiving end of, I'd be equally angry at each.  Both were equally bad and neither were basketball plays.  Dwight's was actually more of a basketball play than Wade's.

Wade's classless act were never "basketball" plays.

The guy mocked a sick player in the Finals for crying out loud, not to mention everything that has been said already. I'd really pay someone who will deck him in the face, seriously. I'd give him a $50 and a box of Snickers.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Is this a trick question? I'd take geting slapped in the face by Dwight ten times out of ten, then even a flick to my sensitive male areas.

This is an honest question your a female correct? Cause no way you'd say that both of those shots are equal if your a man.. Just no way.

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I'll not shed a tear I'd this punk is ever seriously injured

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Is this a trick question? I'd take geting slapped in the face by Dwight ten times out of ten, then even a flick to my sensitive male areas.

This is an honest question your a female correct? Cause no way you'd say that both of those shots are equal if your a man.. Just no way.

Whether it was acting or not, Faried looked much more affected by the hit than Sessions was.  Faried hit the ground, Sessions was barely fazed.  If you pose to me "would you rather be hit in the face or the nuts?" unknowing of how hard each hit was, I'd say the face.  But I am a man and judging by their reactions, I'd say I'm not sure.

But your reaction does speak to how you think Wade's hit should deserve at least equal (you clearly think worse) punishment to Dwight's which is the point that I was trying to make.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Personally im just so tired of Wade and his "good guy" schtick. He gets away with murder because he puts on this fake persona and big smile for the league and cameras. Real fans of the NBA know his true colors. He's just a marketing tool used by Stern to pander to the fair weather masses that root for whoever is the "it" team at the time.

Here's hoping to some bench guy or anyone for that matter, to finally put him in his place and send him a clear message. The league (teams) got fed up with "The Bad Boy's" antics in the 80's and look how Malone handled it. What people forget about that whole chapter is quite a few teams in the league conspired against Detroit. Everyone had had enough and the Pistons realized they had to cut it out or this is the type of thing they would be seeing night in and night out for 82 games. No wonder they came to such an abrupt end.

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Personally im just so tired of Wade and his "good guy" schtick. He gets away with murder because he puts on this fake persona and big smile for the league and cameras.
Yup, him and Dwight Howard. Especially Dwight Howard...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Personally im just so tired of Wade and his "good guy" schtick. He gets away with murder because he puts on this fake persona and big smile for the league and cameras.
Yup, him and Dwight Howard. Especially Dwight Howard...
Howard is even more scary as he's injured multiple team mates with his "inadvertant" elbows.

At least Wade gets the other team.

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
iont kno bout him being a thug like yall claim but he's been dirty since bout 2010 he used to be fun to watch nd respectable. somebody gon check him for these dirty moves tho

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
The absolute worst trait Wade has is that he is a COWARD.

He performs all these sneaky, devious, flagrant acts, but then he immediately acts as if he did nothing wrong.

Did you see him trying to explain to Sessions that his leg naturally flailed out into his crotch.  How the hell did he expect anyone to buy that crap? 

When he tackled Rondo he said he did nothing wrong and that's just how they fell, but everyone could clearly see Wade grabbed him and tackled him to the court.  Wade is such a baby that he couldn't admit it.

When he bull-rushed a defenseless Collison last year he was assessed only a Flagrant-1 (should have been a Flagrant-2, an ejection, and a 1-game suspension), and he had the gall to go up to the official and try to explain how it was a clean play and shouldn't have even been a Flagrant-1. 

If you're going to be a dirty player at least own it.

On top of all of that, he cries and whines more than most.  He stares down refs and other players.  He sits on the floor and pouts after what he thinks is a uncalled foul.  So, not only is he a COWARD, he's a HYPOCRITE. 

I cannot wait until he's out of this league.

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 08:39:59 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I sure as heck wouldn't feel bad if one day someone has enough of Wade's antics, and severely injures him.

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
@SportsCenter: NBA suspends Dwyane Wade for 1 game after his shot to the groin of Ramon Sessions.

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 09:12:33 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Did ayone see the game of miami and okc....the refs gave miami all these flopper fouls in the last 6 minutes..it was as if the miami coach sent of wade, lebron and even ray allen to flop...and they got all the calls too..it was soooooo obvious and soo lame....but okc could have won....bad fast breaks....gotta know when to slow it down....i hate wade and lebron....and miami....so favored it is disgusting...by the refs  that is....

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
justice served. Now all we need is form to tear both ACL's do a medial or 2 then someone tonya harding the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. outta him while he is still down. Karma established.

Wade is a dog, always has been a dog, will for ever remain a dog.