Author Topic: the Dwyane Wade bias  (Read 12183 times)

Re: the Dwyane Wade bias
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 06:18:55 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Honestly, I love D Wade the player. He's fearless, reckless, and just fun to watch when he wasn't playing with Lebron.

Is he a dirty player? Sure, but so are some of the greats.

Rondo's elbow sucked, and it was a dirty play, but I don't think he was trying to hurt rondo, at least in the manner he did. He's no Albert haynesworth. He does get calls, but just wait til he's 34 and his body has abandoned him. He earns his fouls in tendinitis, arthritis, and other ailments.

Wow, really?

You aren't intending to cause someone pain when you kick them square in the nuts?

Likewise Rondo's elbow.  What that replay tells me is that Wade felt himself falling and instinctively knew that if he fell it would give Boston an advantage, so he grabbed Rondo and pulled him down as well - in turn dislocating his elbow.

Then there was the game when I think it was Mike Miller set a hard screen on Rondo and knocked him to the floor...so then on the other end KG set a hard screen on Miller and knocked him to the floor.  So Wade retaliates by running from half way across the court and send a flying shoulder straight into KG when the ball was not even close to the play.

That's just a selection of dirty plays by Wade that had no play at all on the ball, and all of which could have caused injury or pain.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Wade hit guys with intentional fouls with blatant disregard for whether or not they are hurt as a result. 

People love to call KG dirty, but I've never seen him attack somebody with an intent to cause injury. 

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 06:48:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I was a former vet who has bounced for ten years and I am pretty sure he was trying to hurt him.   I also saw him try to leg whip Pierce a few times that series.

Kobe is dirty too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QDViW_2s8

He clearly hooked him and pulled him down.  He also tripped him.  His reaction afterwards speaks volumes to me, I don't recall remorse.  Up to this moment I actually liked Wade after this to me he is scum of the earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2u9YZ4i10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8iaYjb4BIQ

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/dwyane-wade-kicks-ramon-sessions-groin-video/167544

Wade is punk.

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Honestly, I love D Wade the player. He's fearless, reckless, and just fun to watch when he wasn't playing with Lebron.

Is he a dirty player? Sure, but so are some of the greats.

Rondo's elbow sucked, and it was a dirty play, but I don't think he was trying to hurt rondo, at least in the manner he did. He's no Albert haynesworth. He does get calls, but just wait til he's 34 and his body has abandoned him. He earns his fouls in tendinitis, arthritis, and other ailments.

I used to like wade and used to find him fun to watch before the Heatles came together.  But ever since 2010, he hasn't been the same player.  Either I never noticed before, or he has recently become very much a punk evidenced by all the videos in this thread.  It's not so much the things he has pulled off (which are bad enough itself), but its that whenever another player maybe sets a hard screen on him, he reacts in complete disbelief that a player would pull such a cheap move on him.  And furthermore, he hasn't been as dominant of a player as he used to be.  I don't see what's to like about him anymore.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Was there ANY coverage of this incident? It seems like nobody covers Wade's clearly dirty plays, or mention them in passing. The dude is dirty, a cheap shot artist, and has made me like LeBron. The last thing was unthinkable 2 years ago...but LeBron doesn't try to hurt people. Wade does. The Rondo elbow play was awful, but I'd argue the play vs. Collison in the playoffs last year was even worse. And this one vs. Sessions...is just blatant and awful.

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Was there ANY coverage of this incident? It seems like nobody covers Wade's clearly dirty plays, or mention them in passing. The dude is dirty, a cheap shot artist, and has made me like LeBron. The last thing was unthinkable 2 years ago...but LeBron doesn't try to hurt people. Wade does. The Rondo elbow play was awful, but I'd argue the play vs. Collison in the playoffs last year was even worse. And this one vs. Sessions...is just blatant and awful.
Yes:

http://nba.si.com/2012/12/26/miami-heat-dwyane-wade-charlotte-bobcats-ramon-sessions-low-blow-kick/

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 10:12:39 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I used to like him pre-Big3 in Miami, but now he has become very unlikable.

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yes:

http://nba.si.com/2012/12/26/miami-heat-dwyane-wade-charlotte-bobcats-ramon-sessions-low-blow-kick/
ESPN also linked an article on their truehoop post this morning discussing Wade's cheap shot. (From the Charlotte Observer)

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Double standard....IF  RONDO makes a dirty play like that ,   then the league suspends him for at least a game.

National Media all over it ... badmouthing Rondo like crazy.

Somebody is in somebody's backpocket.  NBA refuses to make the Heat clean up their act.

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
I guess that anybody has mentioned it is an improvement...but that's hardly what I'd call major attention. That was a very obvious cheap shot by a guy who has a history of dirty play. If it was anyone else, it would be a huge story. Granted, the day is early, but it SHOULD be one of the top NBA stories.

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I guess that anybody has mentioned it is an improvement...but that's hardly what I'd call major attention. That was a very obvious cheap shot by a guy who has a history of dirty play. If it was anyone else, it would be a huge story. Granted, the day is early, but it SHOULD be one of the top NBA stories.
Why should it?

The Lakers and Grizzlies both got beat, JR Smith hit two crazy shots to win against the Suns, the Pistons overcame a 20 point fourth quarter deficit to force two OTs against the Hawks, and Dwight Howard got ejected for a flagrant 2 foul.

All of those are bigger stories than a cheap shot that wasn't called in the Heat/Bobcats game.

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Deadspin/Ball Don't Lie also put up the video, I think Wade's shot at Sessions is getting plenty of attention.

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Do none of you people read the Daily Dime?

"That was ... a pathetic cheap shot. In the middle of the third quarter Ramon Sessions fouled Dwayne Wade, and Wade proceeded to blatantly throw his leg towards Sessions' midsection. Both teams exchanged pleasantries, but no penalty was ever assessed on Wade. It would seem very possible that Wade hears from the league in some fashion about this."

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 11:19:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm not ready to give "THE THUG" of the NBA a free pass... at least as bad as stepping on a guys face.

I hope he is taken to task over this , somebody needs to do the same to him, knee him in nads .  Then that wouldn't be fair... Wade is thug star on the dirtest team in the NBA.

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Anyone remember "the Karl Malone special"? A flying elbow to Isiah's face. Wade has more than earned his. Can someone somewhere please step up and deliver it? It would make him more accountable for these types of plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bM-Y4UoiAY

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:43:29 AM by CelticHooligan3 »

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wade is a thug. Plain and simple. Gone are the days of the good D-Wade, and his true colors showed up when 3 years ago. A basketball thug of the highest order. I really hope someone will put him in his place. Just one. Biyombo should've.

If I'm Danny, I'd tell Jason COllins "I'll offer an extension for 1 more year just to knock him in the face if he does another scumbag move like he's been doing". We'll be fine if he's going to be suspended for a game or more, just give him the 'ol haymaker if he tries to hurt someone from our rosters. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace