Author Topic: Brooklyn Nets fire coach Avery Johnson  (Read 10740 times)

Re: Brooklyn Nets fire coach Avery Johnson
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/225247/

"Hours away from Avery Johnson’s firing, Deron Williams sat on the far end of the locker room late Wednesday night, wearing a suit and playing games on his electronic products. The Brooklyn Nets had just dropped to .500 with a punctuating 15-point loss to the Bucks, and Williams was at ease, disengaged with his teammates and spent most of the night trying to beat a team family member in these little games.

There were players downright seething Wednesday night about the freefall that’s taking place right now. These are veterans openly questioning where the commitment has gone, the team’s fifth-leading scorer, Gerald Wallace, having to be the one to send messages to his teammates about their selfishness, about how they should hate losing too."

just a small piece from dat article like i said earlier they quit on Avery. D-Will aint no leader he's losin points smh

all I know is, if most of us went to work and played video games while our company failed to meet a goal, we would be fired.
co-sign, shame dis is a $100 million man nd star player refusin to own up to a leadership role

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
He won't do it, but I would LOVE to see Phil take this job and tarnish his legacy, so that the rest of the world can clearly see how poor of a coach he really is.

11 rings. 11. A poor coach doesn't win 11 rings. It wouldn't make a single difference to his legacy if he lost every game as a coach of the Nets.
let him coach a team without a Jordan, Kobe/Shaq or Kobe/Pau/Bynum/Odom lineup and we'll see how impressive he is.  I think the fact Doc (DOC of all people) outcoached Phil in the 2008 finals speaks volumes.  Phil wouldn't have won his last 2 rings if KG doesn't get injured in 2009 or Perk doesn't get injured in 2010. 

Phil's the most overrated coach in NBA history.  He needs to take on a less-than-stellar team and do better than expected to show he's close to deserving of the hype.

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2012, 10:40:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
He won't do it, but I would LOVE to see Phil take this job and tarnish his legacy, so that the rest of the world can clearly see how poor of a coach he really is.

11 rings. 11. A poor coach doesn't win 11 rings. It wouldn't make a single difference to his legacy if he lost every game as a coach of the Nets.
let him coach a team without a Jordan, Kobe/Shaq or Kobe/Pau/Bynum/Odom lineup and we'll see how impressive he is.  I think the fact Doc (DOC of all people) outcoached Phil in the 2008 finals speaks volumes.  Phil wouldn't have won his last 2 rings if KG doesn't get injured in 2009 or Perk doesn't get injured in 2010. 

Phil's the most overrated coach in NBA history.  He needs to take on a less-than-stellar team and do better than expected to show he's close to deserving of the hype.

by far the most overrated coach in league history. He never, ever coached a team without 2 elite players.

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I think this line of reasoning is pretty flawed. Who has won the rings this century?

Phil Jackson: Kobe, Prime Shaq, Gasol
Greg Popovich: Tim Duncan, Manu, Tony Parker
Doc: KG, Pierce, Ray Allen
Spolestra: Lebron, Wade, Bosh
Carlisle: Kidd, Dirk, Chandler, Matrix
Larry Brown: Sheed, Billups, Big Ben, etc..

Every single person on that list excepting maybe Larry Brown had MUITPLE HOFers on their squad. When you figure that for 2 of Phil's rings Kobe was the only probable HOFer active, he absolutely deserves a healthy amount of respect for his coaching acumen. Larry Brown looks like the coach who did the most with the least on the list.

Phil Jackson is either the greatest coach of all time, or the second greatest.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
nothin wrong with avery

it's dem big headed ballas