Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) ECF Game 2 5/30  (Read 159274 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) ECF Game 2 5/30
« Reply #1215 on: May 31, 2012, 12:01:46 AM »

Offline BRC-14

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
WE NEED A BENCH, plain and simple. We need guys that can make plays. Steamer has to stop committing fouls as soon as he gets in the game (unless he makes them count, that's totally acceptable). We will not beat the Heat with only 7 points coming from our bench, plain and simple. We need more from them. Our defense can't lapse as much as it does either. The third quarter is what cost us, plain and simple.
Take me where the Boston Celtics fans roam free without judgment from my enemies.

« Reply #1216 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
doc clearly going after the refs (without saying anything to get fined) in the presser...good.

« Reply #1217 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
doc clearly going after the refs (without saying anything to get fined) in the presser...good.

Frankly he should let loose and take the fine.

This is part of the problem, a coach has every right here to complain about reffing and will be fined. Refs probably get a raise from Stern. They certainly don't get a fine!

« Reply #1218 on: May 31, 2012, 12:10:37 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
It would be good if somebody that is highly respected in the basketball community pointed some of this biased officiating out.

« Reply #1219 on: May 31, 2012, 12:13:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I've always thought it was silly they can fine you for freedom of speech.   Stern is a like a bananna republic dictator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZmXQxSiVE

Could it be David Stern's lost twin?

Gundy pointed it out.  Stephen A tried too.  Trouble is too many of these guys are on the take from the league or work for them.

« Reply #1220 on: May 31, 2012, 12:13:25 AM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'm proud of this team. They played their [dang] hearts out. They have nothing to be ashamed of about this loss. Nothing at all.

Huge missed call by the refs late, but I'll also do something rare. I'll give the Heat some credit. They really earned this one tonight. Yes, those missed calls late hurt the Celtics bad, but the Heat fought for this one and earned it.

Sometimes you gotta tip your hat, and this is one of those games. However, the Celtics, to me, look like the more dangerous team. They really and truly do.

« Reply #1221 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'm so enfuriated I can feel it in my chest.

« Reply #1222 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:57 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I was actually surprised that the espn folks were pretty critical of the refs on the rondo call on sportscenter.  I can't believe that ANY NBA ref misses that call.  DA / Doc need to be on the phone tomorrow to someone at the league office.  It is just getting to the point of being absolutely one sided.
You can't not call that smack in the face.

Huge props to our Celtics, we fought and fought and kept coming back.  Serious Celtic Pride going on tonight.  Rondo was a wizard.  I don't want to hear any more posts about how its Rondo's fault here or Rondo's fault there.  This was a historic performance.  I am so proud of the C's and so proud to be a celtic fan.  The refs can go and collect their pat on the back from Stern, but everyone saw what happened tonight in overtime.

Go Celtics!

i hope the media goes crazy (they won't) about how 2 TERRIBLE missed calls on wade cost us the game.
they won't.  they'll sing the praises of the messiah and Wade.

« Reply #1223 on: May 31, 2012, 05:24:01 AM »

Offline thebat

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
What happened?

Sorry, at the OT buzzer I had a heart attack. An ambulance took me to the ER and doctors gave me a triple bypass. I recovered and now I am back. I came back to check on Rondo as well.

So what happened?

« Reply #1224 on: May 31, 2012, 06:17:54 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I'm proud of this team. They played their [dang] hearts out. They have nothing to be ashamed of about this loss. Nothing at all.

Huge missed call by the refs late, but I'll also do something rare. I'll give the Heat some credit. They really earned this one tonight. Yes, those missed calls late hurt the Celtics bad, but the Heat fought for this one and earned it.

Sometimes you gotta tip your hat, and this is one of those games. However, the Celtics, to me, look like the more dangerous team. They really and truly do.

Agreed.  Im not blaming the refs tonight becasue we had our chances, but the Heat steeped up too when they coulda folded.  the wade foul on Rondo and Kick, Meh, late in the game it happens.  At least the refs actually let them play.  I believe we wont lose the next two at home.  We will be lcoked in for both games.  I liked our energy, passion and physicality.  And I was happy to see Ray get a big shot.  Im ready for Friday!

« Reply #1225 on: May 31, 2012, 07:40:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They let them play, they don't let us play....