Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Heat (0-0) ECF 5/28  (Read 135195 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Heat (0-0) ECF 5/28
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Ed Malloy, Dan Crawford, and Jason Phillips (who?!)...
Ed Malloy was the one who tossed Paul Pierce during last year's semi finals vs the Heat.

I still have no idea what he was thinking, I watched that play last week, between Wade instigating that and doing the dirty takedown on Rondo in game 3 there is not anyone I hate more than DWade on the Heat.

Allegedly Pierce tweeted:

I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected

But then he said it was hacked.

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I hope for a win tonight, but if they don't win then I won't be too sad.
All I want is for the team to show up and play out there the Celtics way of basketball.
I also want them to not let Wade and them get into their heads to the point where they lose their cool and can possibly get ejected. Wade and them likes to play dirty then when someone retaliates they want to play the whole "woe is me I'm the victim" role.

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report

Ed Malloy

Malloy has officiated 577 regular season NBA games and 22 playoff games over the past nine seasons. He officiated his first two Finals games during the 2010-11 season. Prior to joining the NBA, Malloy officiated for one season in the

NBA D-League, three seasons in the CBA and three seasons in the WNBA. He worked the 2002 DLeague Finals and the 2001 CBA Finals. In 2003, when Doc was with Orlando, Malloy called a technical foul on Andrew DeClercq for staring. Doc called it one of the worst calls he ever saw (boy has he seen a lot worse since then!)and he said that he felt that Malloy had been intimidated all night. Fast forward to the Celtics game in Utah last season when Malloy, no longer intimidated, called 2 quick technicals on Doc and ejected him. Here is Doc's version of those calls.

"I just told Ed [Malloy], please keep officiating the game," said Rivers. "That’s all I said. I thought the play before [the technical] was a clear travel in front of him. So I just said, ‘Hey Ed, it’d be nice if you’d keep officiating throughout.’ He gave me a tech. Then I said, ‘That’s the best call you’ve made all night.’ Usually, it’s nice to earn them, but [Monday's technicals were] another bad call."

Malloy was also on the crew that officiated game 1 of the Miami series in the 2010 playoffs where 5 technicals were called and Kevin Garnett was ejected. He also officiated game 1 of the Heat series last season. In that game, after ignoring a flagrant foul by James Jones and then a second flagrant foul by Dwyane Wade, Malloy ejected Pierce for technicals when he objected to both flagrants against him in lest than a minute. The Celtics are 3-1 this season including game 2 vs the Hawks in the playoffs. The Celtics shot 31 free throws in that game vs 20 for the Hawks. He also called game 5 in the Philly series in which the Celtics shot 33 free throws to 16 for the Sixers. The loss was in Dallas where the Celtics shot 11 free throws to 14 for the Mavs and they let them play for the most part. Another win was vs New Jersey in the regular season where the Nets shot 28 free throws to 17 for the Celtics. They are 7-3 in their last 10 games with Malloy as an official. The Heat are are 3-3 this season and 5-5 over their last 10 games with Malloy as a ref. His home W/L record is 39-20.

Dan Crawford

Entering his 27th NBA season, Dan Crawford has officiated 1,770 regular season and 256 playoff games, including 25 NBA Finals games. During his NBA tenure, Crawford has officiated the 1994 and 2001 NBA All-Star Games, and the 1992 Japan Games in Yokohama. Prior to joining the NBA, Crawford spent four years officiating in the CBA. He has eight years of collegiate officiating experience and officiated the 1983 and 1984 National Junior College Nationals. Crawford has been honored for his achievements in the Northeastern (Ill.) Wall of Fame. Crawford was a member of the Northeastern University basketball team. After one of the Celtics playoff games in Chicago in round 1 in 2008, there was some controversy when he was seen leaving the arena with his family all decked out in Chicago Bulls gear. He's been in the news lately because he has been accused of having a bias against Marc Cuban because the Mavs were 2-16 in games officiated by Crawford last season and Cuban has been very vocal about it. The Celtics are 1-4 this season and are 4-6 over their last 10 games with Crawford officiating. One loss this season was the Celtics only loss vs Miami in which the Heat shot 8 more free throws than the Celtics. The second loss was to he Knicks where NY shot 17 free throws to 34 for the Celtics. The third loss was the 1 point loss in game 5 in Atlanta where the Celtics shot 15 free throws to 14 for the Hawks and the officiating was pretty good and they let them play on both sides. The last loss was game 2 in the Philly series. The Celtics shot 9 free throws to 21 for the Sixers. With 10 seconds to go, they called an offensive foul on KG for setting a screen. They let them play for 3 quarters and then tightened the calls up on the Celtics. The win was over New Jersey where the Nets shot 10 free throws to 21 for the Celtics. The Heat are 5-2 this season and 7-3 over their last 10 games. His home W/L record is 35-26 this season.

Jason Phillips

Phillips has officiated 716 regular season games and 19 playoff games since joining the NBA officiating staff 12 seasons ago. He officiated his first two Finals games during the 2010-11 season. In addition, Phillips has six seasons of experience officiating in the CBA, working the 1999 CBA Finals. He also officiated three seasons in the WNBA, working the 1999 WNBA Finals. Phillips spent five years officiating at the high school level in his home state of Texas. The Celtics are 5-2 this season and they are 6-4 over their last 10 games with Phillips as a ref. One loss this season was to Chicago where the Celtics shot 13 free throws to 21 for the Bulls. One win, Charlotte shot 20 free throws to 8 for the Celtics and another win was against Cleveland where the Cavs shot 25 free throws to 14 for the Celtics and the refs let the Cavs hack and trip all night with no calls. The ignored Ray Allen being tripped in a one point game down the stretch. The 3rd win was against the Clippers where the Celtics shot 27 free throws to 21 for LA. The 4th win was vs the Timberwolves where the Wolves shot 25 free throws to 11 for the Celtics and the refs let Minny get away with a lot of contact. The final win of the season was vs the Nets in which the Celtics shot 22 free throws to 14 for the Nets. The second loss was game 2 vs the Sixers that he officiated along with Dan Crawford in which KG was called for the offensive foul with 10 seconds left and a chance to win the game. It was Phillips and crew that got Tommy to swear on the air last season about the refs falling for all the blank blank flops. The Heat are 1-1 this season and 6-4 with Phillips over their last 10. He isn't influenced by the home crowd with a home W/L record this season of 29-28.

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
I've mentioned this before on here but it bears repeating at this juncture ..

"Brón" is an Irish word for sadness/sorrow/regret ..

Hopefully the 2012 Celtics make LeBrón very sad .. on their way to banner 18 !!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:37:00 PM by jarufu »
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 05:22:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
pumped.

On my treadmill before major indulgence in alcohol and food

Leeeestgoo
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
TP, FL!

Let's do it, BOS!

Go into MIA and smack em' in the mouth!

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
can't wait for the game to start, and can't wait to go to sleep tomorrow after work(game time 02.30 over here :D )
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Nervous, excited, anxious, hopeful, doubtful.

That's how I feel right now. Ugh I just want this to start and be done with already.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
It's a simple game. Man up on d. Take care of the rock. Put the ball in the hole. Do it!

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
How much does this espn coverage SUCK..no ABC......no CSN......what is this......we don't watch espn...because cable don't provide it.....for less than $1000.00 a month.....

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:23 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
i gotta watch it on the small screen.....ugh...

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 08:14:37 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
imma start sippin now
ez the tension a bit

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Go Celtics!

Another chance to quiet the doubters ... I love it!

Whatever happens, you guys have made me proud to be a Celtics fan!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »

Online Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
So pumped for this game. Let's go Celtics!
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
No pressure on the C's everyone has us buried already. All the pressure is on the heat, I love it!!! Exactly how we want it. Let's Go Celtics!!!