Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Heat (0-0) ECF 5/28  (Read 135047 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Heat (0-0) ECF 5/28
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
I am scared. I will just watch the replay at NBA Premium if the Celts win  ;D.
Can't risk another heart attack  :o.

watch it live
be here with us tonight and help cheer em on

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 10:00:46 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Ed Malloy, Dan Crawford, and Jason Phillips (who?!)...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 10:01:48 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Man i love the anticipation.

Time to get ready for another series for the ages, fellas.

C's!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Ed Malloy was the one who tossed Paul Pierce during last year's semi finals vs the Heat.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There is no "stealing game 1 or 2". We will "earn and take" game 1 or 2.

Let's go C's!!!!

This is it!!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Really glad (for myself) that we didn't have to wait a week for this -- the anticipation is unbearable.  Of course I would have rather the C's had more rest.

Going to try not to get too worked up regardless of how the 1st 2 games go.  I do EXPECT the C's to lose a game or 2 badly in this series.

I wish Bosh a swift recovery after June 15.

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 12:23:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
stocked up on beer and nerve pills

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 12:27:28 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
It's game time!

Let's hope zone defense will be used well tonight.

TIME TO BEAT THE HEAT!
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
As unlikely as it may seem, the Celtics can actually beat the Heat, and do so in pretty easy and impressive fashion if they just play their game the way we all know they can.

Dialing up the vintage 2008 version with MP playing as James Posey, Bass as Leon Powe, key on Dooling as Sam Cassell, Stiemsma as An upgrade to Perkins.

Well it would be a good time for the bench to show up and have Doc trust them.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 12:56:56 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I will be waering my 2 year old KG alternate jersey that I have yet to wear for every game of this series!  Cant wait!  Come on C's!!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Hopefully the Heat spent their long weekend out enjoying all the pleasures of South Beach.

Because they're doomed.

DOOOOOOMED!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/EhPe5qyozGw/0.jpg
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Got to thinking about Doc saying last years team had so much more talent that "it isn't close" vs this years. I loved last years team too at the beginning with Shaq. Had he been healthy or an 08 Shaq we would have steamrolled everyone. But he wasn't and we fell apart with the Perk trade. By the Mia series last year,  here is what we were using then vs this year. In my humble opinion one can easily see why we are better this year, despite the fact that what Doc says is essentially correct. Im doing the compare in as straight forward a way as possible

Starters

KG now vs KG then.

40 min vs 34-38...very significant advantage now. he is flat better than he was and he is playing more minutes, ones that Baby would have had.

Rondo now vs Rondo then.

same minutes, say 40-42. Even last years playoff Rondo wasn't as good as this years, he was moping at times because of Perk being gone and to top it off, he gets injured last year. Significant advantage now.

PP now vs then. Same minutes, slight advantage then only because of the current injury though he looks much better lately.

Jo vs Bass. in my opinion, significant advantage now, plus more minutes that Baby would have gotten, but some of you might say slight advantage. Jo wasn't great in the playoffs and Bass has been good in only a couple games. But he has been a decent defender and he makes the offense work better

Ray now vs then. Huge advantage Ray then. This is where with Bradley we look to have a clear and large advantage over a Mia team without Bosh. But no way around the issue that ray is much worse right now

----------------------------------

Bench...last year minutes left was around 64, this year its around 50. So the thing is that this years starters, who are imho much better, are playing more and leaving less time for a mediocre bench.

Krystc vs Steam/Hollins...8-12 minutes. Well Nenad was hurt and didn't play much d. I'll call it a draw but we are bigger with this years guys.

DWEST 16 vs Dooling 8. Delonte is flat better but he was also coming off an injury and Dooling can play d and hit threes. Advantage last year mitigated by fewer minutes which go to Peaches

J Green vs Peaches. Im torn here. Jeff just didn't give us much and Peaches can spread the floor and is an aggressive guy. I'll give the advantage to Jeff but we all watched those games and you know that was more like a potential advantage. About the same minutes.

Baby vs no one. Obviously I appear to be rationalizing but Baby was awful last year and those minutes are going to KG, Bass, PP, and Pietrus. Neutral to advantage this year.

I may not be doing this well but its interesting to me to see why we are hanging in this year when you break the minutes down. We have solid aggressive defenders on the floor at all positions all the time with the small exception of minutes to Steams/Hollins, and Steams can defend around the glass, and the fact that Ray is hobbled. And we have more good jump shooters on the floor almost all of the time(ones who aren't making their shots lately)

we can do this if we are conditioned well enough, Ray can get a little healthier and we can hit open looks at a better rate
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:34:15 PM by wahz »

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm predicting a scoring record   will be broken of some sort with Bosh out.  Either against the Celtics or Spurs.

With Wade and Bron having to do ALL the scoring .  I 'm wondering if ANY TWO TEAMATES in the modern NBA era have ever scored  50 points each on the same night.  With the series on the line WADE and BRON are gonna take ALL the SHOTS in an overtime game.   I think it is posible we'll see them score 100 or more together in a single  game .

They don't share at all and not willingly .

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Hoping the C's come out of the gets a little more "ready" than they did the first two rounds.  Obviously I'll be elated if we win this one, but I'd be surprised. I'm thinking Game 2 will tell us whether we have a hotly contested series or not.

Really excited to have a dog in the fight here still.  It would be super sweet to beat these punks.

GO CELTS!
Yup

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Ed Malloy was the one who tossed Paul Pierce during last year's semi finals vs the Heat.

I still have no idea what he was thinking, I watched that play last week, between Wade instigating that and doing the dirty takedown on Rondo in game 3 there is not anyone I hate more than DWade on the Heat.