Author Topic: Sixers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECSF Game 7 5/26  (Read 117464 times)

Re: Sixers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECSF Game 7 5/26
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 01:33:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
TP, FL!

LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FLOOR, C's!!

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Best of luck to everyone here. Go Celtics. I may not be able to watch since I left the States and in a mountain resort in Canada.

I wanted to finish up Wednesday night so I would not have to bother the Canadien bar tenders but oh well.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
"You tell young Igouadala that I'm going to paint TD Garden with his blood. Two Coats. I'll festoon my bedchamber with his intestines!" - Kevin Garnett, probably.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 02:11:09 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Best of luck to everyone here. Go Celtics. I may not be able to watch since I left the States and in a mountain resort in Canada.

I wanted to finish up Wednesday night so I would not have to bother the Canadien bar tenders but oh well.
I believe it's on TSN2.  Maybe you can find it being shown there somewhere. 

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Come on Celtics and win tonight.
I know they can win and take this.

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Hit them hard, early and often
I expect a crazy crowd 2nite :)))))))))))))))) GO CELTICS!!!
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report

Monty McCutchen

8 playoff games as lead official
Home team win % of 75%
43.6 fouls called per game
48.2% of the fouls are called on the home team
0.9 technicals called per game

McCutchen has officiated 1,085 regular season, 80 playoff, and four Finals games. He worked the 2007 NBA All-Star Game in Las Vegas and was a member of the crew that officiated the 1996 and 1997 Mexico Challenges, as well as the 1998 Schick Rookie Game. Prior to joining the NBA, McCutchen spent four seasons in the CBA, where he worked the All Star game his second year and the playoffs all four years. He also officiated the CBA Finals the last three years he was with the league. McCutchen missed the 1998-99 season with a ruptured Achilles tendon. He is a former elementary and middle school teacher and is fondly remembered by his students as a really nice guy. In searching for information on him, I found a Cavs' blog that blamed a loss to the Celtics on the officiating of Monty McCutchen. That was the game where Mike Brown was ejected and the Cavs made a furious comeback but fell short. Other than that, there's not a lot of controversy about McCutchen. The Celtics are 4-1 this season and 7-3 in their last 10 games with McCutchen on the court. One win this season was against the Knicks where they let them play and the Celtics shot 24 free throws to 21 for the Knicks. The second win was against the Bobcats where it was just the opposite. They called ticky tack fouls on both sides and let nothing go as evidenced by the 45 free throws taken by the Celtics and 35 by the Bobcats but the game was called fairly for both teams. The 3rd win was the Celtics subs vs the Heat's subs and they let them play with the Celtics taking 16 free throws to 7 for the Heat. The last win was game 3 vs Atlanta where they once again let them play and the Celtics took 25 free throws to 15 for the Hawks. The loss was to the Bulls where the Bulls shot 26 free throws to 18 for the Celtics but the game was called fairly. The Sixers are 2-1 this season and 7-3 in their last 10 with McCutchen. He is a homer ref with a 43-19 home W/L record this season.

Tony Brothers
6 playoff games as crew official

Home team win % of 67%
44.6 fouls called per game
52.1% of the fouls are called on the home team
1.1 technicals called per game

Brothers is entering his 18th season as an NBA official and has officiated 1,040 regular season games and 50 playoff games during his career. He was a member of the crew that officiated the 1996 Mexico Challenge, 1998 Schick Rookie Game, 1999 McDonald’s Championship in Milan, Italy and the 2008 China Games. Prior to joining the NBA, Brothers spent four years officiating in the CBA, including three CBA Finals and a CBA All-Star Game. He has one year of collegiate officiating experience at the Junior College level. Brothers also has seven years of high school officiating experience in Virginia, including three state tournaments. There are several articles about what a terrible ref Brothers is and detailing his misdeeds. He has angered a lot of fans of just about every team because of bad calls, no calls, and one sided officiating. The Celtics are 2-2 this season and 5-5 in their last 10 games with Brothers on the court. One loss this season was to the Pistons in which the Celtics took 32 free throws to 29 for the Pistons. The other loss was to the Kings and both teams shot 21 free throws. One win came against Philadelphia where the Sixers shot 24 free throws to 19 for the Celtics. The second win was game 4 vs the Hawks and the Celtics shot 13 free throws to 17 for the Hawks. All of the games were pretty well officiated with no blatant bias or terrible calls. The Sixers are 4-4 this season and 4-6 with Brothers in their last 10. His home W/L record this season is 35-25.

Mike Callahan

3 playoff games as crew official
Home team win % of 33%
44.0 fouls called per game
51.1% of the fouls are called on the home team
0.3 technicals called per game

A veteran of 21 NBA seasons, Mike Callahan has officiated 1,265 regular season and 110 playoff games and 11 NBA Finals games. He was a member of the crew that officiated the 2007 NBA All-Star Game, 1994 Mexico Challenge and the 1996 Schick Rookie Game. Prior to joining the NBA, Callahan spent three years officiating in the CBA, including the 1989 and 1990 CBA Finals. A member of the Cardinal O’Hara High School basketball team for four years, Callahan also coached the freshman basketball team after graduating. Callahan has run a clinic for referees called "Hoops4Heros" that benefits local fire departments and maintains strong ties to the Philadelphia community through his volunteer work with the Don Guanella School for developmentally disabled boys. Callahan is one of 4 refs to come out of Cardinal O'Hara High School in Pennsylvania. The other 3 are Joey Crawford, Ed Malloy and Tim Donaghy. Callahan was one of the referees mentioned in an incident in Tim Donaghy's book. He and other refs would regularly wager with their fellow refs over things like who would call the first foul, who could give out the first tech, etc. Makes you wonder what game they might be playing tonight. The Celtics are 9-1 over their last 10 games with Callahan officiating. They are 3-1 this season, including one preseason game against Toronto where the Raptors shot 36 free throws to 34 for the Celtics. Another win was against Detroit where the Celtics shot 19 free throws to 15 for the Pistons. The third win was Game 3 in this series vs Philly where the Celtics shot 28 free throws to 22 for the Sixers. He also called the loss in game 1 of the Hawks series where the Celtics shot 13 free throws to 21 for the Hawks and the officiating was terrible with several obvious bad calls, most of which were made by Marc Davis, who was the head ref for that game. . He usually lets the teams play and isn't a tyrant with the whistle. He isn't influenced by the home crowd and has a home W/L record this season of 29-28.

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Best of luck to everyone here in the forum. Best of luck to everone wearing green tonight!

Come on Celtics. Come on!!!!!!!!!!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
2+ hours away from gametime and I actually have butterflies. If we lose tonight I can't even imagine how low I'll feel, I don't want to face the reality that this could be it for KG, Paul and Ray in Celtics green yet. I also want another month to watch Celtics basketball :)

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
I've been watching Ray Allen a lot closer during his pre-game drills. Today is the best I've seen him shoot in a LONG time! -- A. Sherrod Blakely (@SherrodbCSN)

maybe this'll be Rays playoff game . . and not his last as a Celtic!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I've been watching Ray Allen a lot closer during his pre-game drills. Today is the best I've seen him shoot in a LONG time! -- A. Sherrod Blakely (@SherrodbCSN)

maybe this'll be Rays playoff game . . and not his last as a Celtic!

That's great news. It'd be a big boost to get a high quality performance out of Ray Allen.

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
We need somebody and anybody , blind ,crippled or grey to hit a shot tonight. 

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
No Marc Davis... No Joey Crawford?

I won't type anything that's a jinx, but that makes me happy in my tactile-sensitive area.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Refs aren't going to let the C's lose today. No worries

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 06:34:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Anybody busting out some good luck superstitions ?  My dad is cooking a corned beef Boston Irish boil for dinner...  He only busts out the corned beef when he thinks the celtics really need it.  This is serious business.