Author Topic: Who is this Bill Kennedy character (ref)?  (Read 1294 times)

Who is this Bill Kennedy character (ref)?
« on: May 18, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
he has made several ticky tack calls and everyone has been against the Celtics

(i'm on DVR, just got the KG t just before the Brand T)

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Who is this Bill Kennedy character (ref)?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Its goes way back. According to Bill Donaghy it all started when Doc questioned Bill Kennedy's sexuality.

Question: one of the referees I've been annoyed with over the years is Bill Kennedy, every time he has a Celtics game I almost know that we're not getting calls. Is his relationships with Doc Rivers or the Celtics organization as a whole something you know about.

Donaghy: That's a difficult question for me to answer because I certainly don't want to offend anybody... I'm just gonna come out and say it like it is.  It's no secret on the staff that Bill Kennedy is a homosexual... I don't have any ill will towards gays or lesbians, but it was no secret that he's a homosexual.  It was known around the league, it was obvious during a game Doc Rivers questioned his sexual orientation and I think that has stuck with Kennedy over the years and he has no love for Doc Rivers and the Boston Celtics

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2010/05/donaghy-claim-bill-kennedys-sexuality-at-root-of-hatred-for-doc.html

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Since there is a riff between the Celtics and Kennedy isn't there a way Doc can request refs he doesn't want to see?

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 10:38:37 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
I'm sure every coach has a list of refs they don't wanna see. I bet Doc really regrets going after his sexual orientation if the story is true as Kennedy has just been brutal towards us over the years. Tommy has had many outbursts towards him.