Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas  (Read 5853 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Kidd has said he would retire if he doesn't get at least full MLE money.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 01:21:13 AM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Why would we want a 5 foot 4 inch PG?

lol

Why does that matter? Besides, he's 5 foot 8 inches. I'd rather have a shorty who can shoot and pass than Dooling, the brick thrower.

Because trading a 1st round pick for a BACKUP PG when you already have an elite PG makes no sense.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Bump...

I saw part of the Knicks today and how the announcers are raving about Carmelo scouring 25 points. I could not help but think about the ease with which IT has been scoring this year and how underappreciated he is on Celticsblog. I thought about how all kinds of players like Cousins and even a couple of NCAA players have dedicated threads on here and why IT does not. I wanted to do an IT thread but decided to do a search before. Boy, was I wrong. There are currently 99 threads with Isaiah Thomas in the subject line. I did not bother to search for 'IT' threads. I decided to open one that appears to be the oldest, one that was started as a trade idea for Thomas. Some of the comments are quite interesting.

For a long time we could not identify a star player on the Celtics. We were reduced to having only our coach as the only legitimate star on the team.

Now after two all-star selection we can confidently state that WE HAVE A STAR. Let's show IT some love.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 07:44:18 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Just like if you revisit the AB threads of 2013 where AB is shreaded and people would like lo give him up for a bowl of soup.

Revisionist is funny isn't it.. IT was basically thrown under a bus and ran over 10x.

Moral of the story...be patient with Jaylen and watch him take over the league in 3 yrs....now I don't know about James Young though...he is so frustrating to watch yet sometimes i think that some how in 2 yrs he will become a serviceable reserve for someone else.

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I had to check the date on this thread before it made any sense because i was wondering what tha hell OP is talking about.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 08:02:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Nice resurrection oga. A tp for the effort.

Ha, ha. Sometimes a thread such as this puts our analyses today in a different perspective.

And to add to this, early after the Celtics got IT I said he would not be able to start on a consistent basis.

What the heck was I drinking???  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 08:03:24 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I miss Keyon Dooling. That was such a fun season.