Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas  (Read 5854 times)

Isaiah Thomas
« on: May 13, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
What I've seen from this guy so far this season is nothing less but awesome. The guy was drafted dead last, at 60th place. Everybody concidered him to be a bust and for the Kings to waive him. But the 5 foot 8 guy stepped up and showed signs of greatness.

The little guard played in 65 games this season, starting in 37 of them which is good, but even better concidering talks about him before the season opener. He averaged 11. 5 ppg, 4.1 assists per game, and 2.5 rebounds. Those are good numbers for an underdog rookie with a severe height disadvantage against other PGs in the league.. You almost don't notice that when you see his amazing skillset and speed, he's a good shooter, passer and is good behind the arc.

This is all great, but imagine what could he do under Rondo's mentorship. Since we have no decent backups for Rondo, this kid would be a great relief and a rest provider for Rondo. Dooling is anything but a reliable PG backup, but Isaiah would blosson even more under Rajon's tutelage.

The Kings are pretty woeful and wouldn't give him up easily, but we could work something out.. Like:

Dooling + 1st rounder for Isaiah

What do you think, guys?
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

Re: Isaiah Thomas
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
I have to admit that he had a pretty good rookie season but I don't see why C's would have any interest in him or why would Kings move him.

Why give up a first founder for a guy who should back up Rondo, meaning he would get 10-12 minutes a game?

He is basically a Nate Robinson clone, an undersized volume shooter who is able to put good numbers on a terrible team.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 11:06:01 PM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Why would we want a 5 foot 4 inch PG?

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 11:11:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
a) Dooling is a free agent, so any trade would be a S&T
b) I'd rather bring back Dooling if he would sign a minimum-salary contract
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
There could be a couple undrafted rookies who make similar contributions as Mr Irrelevant Thomas.

We could very well have 4 rookies on the roster, one being a udfa.

As the draft gets closer, I'm more and more excited about our 2nd rounder.

Marcus Denmon could be Eddie House, but faster.

There's gonna be some undrafted big who could make the roster as well, Ricardo Ratliffe, Yancy Gates, or somebody like that. I hope Danny will work the charm with those late 2nd/undrafted types, so we can sign one when they have offers from many teams.

Somebody else name a potential Isaiah Thomas type of impact sleeper

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:10:16 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
a) Dooling is a free agent, so any trade would be a S&T
b) I'd rather bring back Dooling if he would sign a minimum-salary contract

You're right. Dooling is doing great. His decision making is still suspect but he seems to be less reckless.

Plus Dooling's intangibles seem to really be rubbing off on Rondo. Rondo got a better jumper, seems to care more about the game (although pushing a ref isn't the way to go) and seems more willing to take over in general.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 05:04:55 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I likie THomas' game, but Im not going to give up a 1st rounder for him.

Id rather sign a minimum salary PG. Or bring back Keeyon. Or sign Luke Loucks from FSU when (or if) he gets undrafted.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 05:54:07 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 06:10:38 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle

lol

Why does that matter? Besides, he's 5 foot 8 inches. I'd rather have a shorty who can shoot and pass than Dooling, the brick thrower.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 07:42:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Anyone who thinks guards are our problem is clueless.  We will be fine with Bradley and Rondo.   Moore can back up.   We need bigs.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 07:46:18 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If the Kings will give him up, sure.  I have no issue with Thomas as a backup.

I rather go after Billups or Kidd is the Celtics bring back KG, Pierce and Ray.  They are the big PGs that would go nicely next to Bradley when Rondo goes to the bench. 

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:07:02 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
There is no reason to give up an asset (1st rd pick) to get a player like Thomas. He would never be anything more then the celtics 4th guard in the rotation. Hardly worth trading a pick for. Diminutive PGs can be great sparks off the bench but they are also historically disposable. Look at the careers of Nate Robinson and Earl Boykins. There is a reason why they jump from team to team so often. Their lack of size always makes them defensive liabilitys. Moving forward with a starting back courts of Rondo and AB means that the Cs need size coming of the bench.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

I rather go after Billups or Kidd is the Celtics bring back KG, Pierce and Ray.  They are the big PGs that would go nicely next to Bradley when Rondo goes to the bench. 
that man is on his last legs lol if ur gonna go old point guard andre miller is a better option at least he can still play

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:57 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Not worth a first rounder. He is an average to slightly below average backup PG.

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

that man is on his last legs lol if ur gonna go old point guard andre miller is a better option at least he can still play

Miller isn't going to Boston.  He will go where he has a chance to start. 

Kidd would be a good one year pick up to play 15 minutes a game off the bench.